GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,563 Member
    Options
    Tallawah_ wrote: »
    It's still not full... And just one.. But it was off my knees from the bench and no assistance... So I was still surprised! I'm getting there!

52tp5mwkxhbd.gif

Awww c'mon! I can't be the only one in here whose first thought was 'OMG look at those abs!!!!!!!'

Great job on the pull up tho! :sweat_smile:

Haha thank you! (they're used to the abs, it's hardly noteworthy now 🤪)

And thanks everyone! Some days I feel like I've almost got these stupid pull ups, and other days where I feel like I will never get them!
  • tc1333
    tc1333 Posts: 4,033 Member
    Options
    I'm testing my 1RMs today (1 rep maximum = the most you can lift if you only have to do one rep).

I tried and hit 225lb. I tried 230lb and failed. But when I looked at the vid... I think I quit too quickly. So I reloaded the weights and tried again.. And GOT IT!

230LB! (That's 20lb higher than my last recorded 1rm)!

Yes, there is a happy dance at the end!
    ea7kdoe957hl.gif

You are amazing!
  • KickassAmazon76
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Deadlifts... 1RM was a tie for my all time PR of 275lb.

I felt my form break, and my back rounded some, but I finished the lift. I tried 280 but the rounding was even worse, so I put it back down.

bmqf9euhjxsh.gif

And bench was a 1RM PR of 115lb. Ten pounds more than my best lift.

l2uxrjp3ebjm.gif
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    tc1333 wrote: »

You are amazing!

Aww thank you! Just trying to be a better version of me. 😊🤗
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I'm testing my 1RMs today (1 rep maximum = the most you can lift if you only have to do one rep).

I tried and hit 225lb. I tried 230lb and failed. But when I looked at the vid... I think I quit too quickly. So I reloaded the weights and tried again.. And GOT IT!

230LB! (That's 20lb higher than my last recorded 1rm)!

Yes, there is a happy dance at the end!
    ea7kdoe957hl.gif

Yes 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 So proud of you!!! See you needed some rest! Also, your happy dances make me happy!!! 😁
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Today was strongman day, but no videos, at least none I want to share 🙄 the whole day was a bunch of failures, some crying, stress and about 18 attempts at quitting. This strongman prep is testing me more than I ever imagined and making me feel pretty inadequate. Hoping next week there is some improvement.... 6 weeks till my meet.... maybe 😑

This is growing you in so many ways. It sucks to have a day like this, but it will help you progress. I hope that you don't give up on your meet... No matter what you do, what numbers you put up... It's going to be an incredible experience! ❤️

Hopefully you can get some rest now, and even though it feels really crappy, know that there's group of people here who believe in you, and are amazed at all you have done so far!
  • jennacole12
    Options
    Today was strongman day, but no videos, at least none I want to share 🙄 the whole day was a bunch of failures, some crying, stress and about 18 attempts at quitting. This strongman prep is testing me more than I ever imagined and making me feel pretty inadequate. Hoping next week there is some improvement.... 6 weeks till my meet.... maybe 😑

This is growing you in so many ways. It sucks to have a day like this, but it will help you progress. I hope that you don't give up on your meet... No matter what you do, what numbers you put up... It's going to be an incredible experience! ❤️

Hopefully you can get some rest now, and even though it feels really crappy, know that there's group of people here who believe in you, and are amazed at all you have done so far!

Awww thank you beautiful lady, that made me get all teary eyed 😢 I am definitely feeling sorry for myself atm but trying so hard to remind myself why I’m doing this in the first place... for my boy. Everything is hard for him, and he’s never where he is “supposed” to be, but he doesn’t quit.... so I won’t either..... but I swear I am going to want to, probably every day for the next 6 weeks lol.
  • tc1333
    tc1333 Posts: 4,033 Member
    Options

Awww thank you beautiful lady, that made me get all teary eyed 😢 I am definitely feeling sorry for myself atm but trying so hard to remind myself why I’m doing this in the first place... for my boy. Everything is hard for him, and he’s never where he is “supposed” to be, but he doesn’t quit.... so I won’t either..... but I swear I am going to want to, probably every day for the next 6 weeks lol.

Now I'm teary eyed! 😪
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,132 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts... 1RM was a tie for my all time PR of 275lb.

I felt my form break, and my back rounded some, but I finished the lift. I tried 280 but the rounding was even worse, so I put it back down.

bmqf9euhjxsh.gif

And bench was a 1RM PR of 115lb. Ten pounds more than my best lift.

l2uxrjp3ebjm.gif

You are killing it! 💪🏼
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options

You know it’s all about the grind. You’ll get it.
  • jennacole12
    Options
    Nothing super exciting in tonight's workout... But I am loving the pull up progress. Feeling a bit easier every time. (still band assisted though)

yt3zksykajdu.gif

I love your determination with it Bc it reminds me weekly to do it 😂 I would say keep it up but I know how annoying that is 😂😘❤️
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Well after Sundays Pity Party, today I hit my 4th and 5th stone in the atlas medley.... meaning I got my entire medley with meet day weights up! I just have to work on time. I also was able to do my entire sandbag/keg suicide combo with meet day weights 🤗. I feel so much better about my training. Sometimes a bad lift day can really make you question everything lol, thank you guys for your support 🖤

My stone PR’s 👇🏻
    giphy.gif?cid=5e214886344b02bed333ad5b00b4d4e17ab17a22b3f2015f&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886ffbd410bec2fb15d1134aa2f6623805bfa0b4c0f&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Yeeeeaaaaahhhh!!! Thatta GRRRL!
    👏👏👏🔥🔥🔥
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    Nothing super exciting in tonight's workout... But I am loving the pull up progress. Feeling a bit easier every time. (still band assisted though)

yt3zksykajdu.gif

Yeah looks like this is almost too easy for ya.
    Well after Sundays Pity Party, today I hit my 4th and 5th stone in the atlas medley.... meaning I got my entire medley with meet day weights up! I just have to work on time. I also was able to do my entire sandbag/keg suicide combo with meet day weights 🤗. I feel so much better about my training. Sometimes a bad lift day can really make you question everything lol, thank you guys for your support 🖤

My stone PR’s 👇🏻
    giphy.gif?cid=5e214886344b02bed333ad5b00b4d4e17ab17a22b3f2015f&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886ffbd410bec2fb15d1134aa2f6623805bfa0b4c0f&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

This simply looks tough. Good job!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    I love your determination with it Bc it reminds me weekly to do it 😂 I would say keep it up but I know how annoying that is 😂😘❤️

Haha you can say "keep it up" to me... I just won't say it back! 😂

I feel like I'm going to be stuck here forever. Some days it feels like real progress. Some days it feels like nothing has changed. It's quite frustrating. 🙄

I did three sets of 5 like this. I'm not sure where to go next. Try for more reps? Try for same reps but slow descent on more reps within the same set? Change my footing on the band?

I'm totally winging it. I have no idea what I'm doing. Lol
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options

Haha you can say "keep it up" to me... I just won't say it back! 😂

I feel like I'm going to be stuck here forever. Some days it feels like real progress. Some days it feels like nothing has changed. It's quite frustrating. 🙄

I did three sets of 5 like this. I'm not sure where to go next. Try for more reps? Try for same reps but slow descent on more reps within the same set? Change my footing on the band?

I'm totally winging it. I have no idea what I'm doing. Lol

Move the band to your knee and cross your feet behind you. It will give you less assistance off the bottom.

If you can easily get your foot in and out of the band use the band on the way up and take your foot out of the band and lower slowly as you mentioned.