GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,559 Member
    Options
    I love your determination with it Bc it reminds me weekly to do it πŸ˜‚ I would say keep it up but I know how annoying that is πŸ˜‚πŸ˜˜β€οΈ

Haha you can say "keep it up" to me... I just won't say it back! πŸ˜‚

I feel like I'm going to be stuck here forever. Some days it feels like real progress. Some days it feels like nothing has changed. It's quite frustrating. πŸ™„

Yeah looks like this is almost too easy for ya.

I did three sets of 5 like this. I'm not sure where to go next. Try for more reps? Try for same reps but slow descent on more reps within the same set? Change my footing on the band?

I'm totally winging it. I have no idea what I'm doing. Lol

Move the band to your knee and cross your feet behind you. It will give you less assistance off the bottom.

If you can easily get your foot in and out of the band use the band on the way up and take your foot out of the band and lower slowly as you mentioned.

I totally tried figuring out how to do the band on the knee thing just now. I had to wrap it around the top bar three times to get enough resistance, but I was able to get out of the hole with some work.

I'll try that for as many reps as I can next time.

There's no way I can get both knees in (without help)... That band is tricksey. Lol

It did reinforce how much more work I still have ahead of me, too. * sigh *

Thank you for the tips! Stay tuned. Lol
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Nothing super exciting in tonight's workout... But I am loving the pull up progress. Feeling a bit easier every time. (still band assisted though)

yt3zksykajdu.gif
    Well after Sundays Pity Party, today I hit my 4th and 5th stone in the atlas medley.... meaning I got my entire medley with meet day weights up! I just have to work on time. I also was able to do my entire sandbag/keg suicide combo with meet day weights πŸ€—. I feel so much better about my training. Sometimes a bad lift day can really make you question everything lol, thank you guys for your support πŸ–€

My stone PR’s πŸ‘‡πŸ»
    giphy.gif?cid=5e214886344b02bed333ad5b00b4d4e17ab17a22b3f2015f&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886ffbd410bec2fb15d1134aa2f6623805bfa0b4c0f&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

I come here for you two πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Nothing super exciting in tonight's workout... But I am loving the pull up progress. Feeling a bit easier every time. (still band assisted though)

yt3zksykajdu.gif

Great work. I had to look up the band assisted thing on you tube as I had never seen it and I don't even see the bands in the pull ups. I'm going to pick some up for us so she can incorporate them into her workout and I will do the same once I get cleared.
    giphy.gif?cid=5e214886ffbd410bec2fb15d1134aa2f6623805bfa0b4c0f&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Awesome job. Love the smile at the end too. It's so fun seeing people get rewarded for their hard work.

Don't mind me while I live vicariously through you all until I can get my back right. The positivity that a number of you have is infectious in a fantastic way. Keep up the good work.
  • stljam
    Options
    Microdiscectomy. I had that and Laminectomy on two disc, three vertebrae. The recovery is supposed to be super quick but honestly it took me nearly 3 times as long as they said it would. I agree, core strength was necessary for my recovery.

Can I DM you a back question?

• KickassAmazon76
    edited March 2021
    Options
    stljam wrote: Β»

Great work. I had to look up the band assisted thing on you tube as I had never seen it and I don't even see the bands in the pull ups. I'm going to pick some up for us so she can incorporate them into her workout and I will do the same once I get cleared.
    So for mine, I had bought a medium duty band and stretched it across my cage horizontally using my squat cage support braces. That's why you can't see them. Based on Chris' suggestion of hooking a knee in, I changed it to loop around the top bar and I'll see how that goes. It's going to be harder, but that's good, right? Haha.

I compared the two, side by side, so you can see the difference...
    u5v56kxndfwa.gif

I like the way the knee one feels better.
  • stljam
    Options
    So for mine, I had bought a medium duty band and stretched it across my cage horizontally using my squat cage support braces. That's why you can't see them. Based on Chris' suggestion of hooking a knee in, I changed it to loop around the top bar and I'll see how that goes. It's going to be harder, but that's good, right? Haha.

u5v56kxndfwa.gif

Thank you. The one on the right is what my search results brought up. I wasn't creative enough to imagine the method on the left.

I assume it feels more stable if you will using the method on the right? Maybe said another way, do you feel like you had at least divert a little energy/attention to balancing your feet on the band in the one on the left?
  • KickassAmazon76
    edited March 2021
    Options
    stljam wrote: Β»

u5v56kxndfwa.gif

Thank you. The one on the right is what my search results brought up. I wasn't creative enough to imagine the method on the left.

I assume it feels more stable if you will using the method on the right? Maybe said another way, do you feel like you had at least divert a little energy/attention to balancing your feet on the band in the one on the left?

I did the left because I wasnt smart enough to think about looping the band around the bar a few more times before bringing it through (it was too long and not enough assistance at first). So I tried the left and it worked.

I liked the left because it leaves my legs straight, and I could kind of mini squat so that my feet never touched the floor. It almost felt like a more 'real' pullup. But now... I think I like the right better.

Sometimes I find my lower back is aggravated by trying to do the pullup with my knees bent and feet behind me. But maybe that's just because I'm not strong enough (yet).

This height thing sometimes irritates the F out of me. I wish I had a way to do legit full hangs... To the point where I am thinking of driving two steel poles into the ground in my backyard and making my own super tall pullup bar... For fairweather days.
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

yt3zksykajdu.gif
    Well after Sundays Pity Party, today I hit my 4th and 5th stone in the atlas medley.... meaning I got my entire medley with meet day weights up! I just have to work on time. I also was able to do my entire sandbag/keg suicide combo with meet day weights πŸ€—. I feel so much better about my training. Sometimes a bad lift day can really make you question everything lol, thank you guys for your support πŸ–€

My stone PR’s πŸ‘‡πŸ»
    giphy.gif?cid=5e214886344b02bed333ad5b00b4d4e17ab17a22b3f2015f&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Oh boy the pressure πŸ˜… especially since I fail more than I don’t anymore 😬 where’s your contributions btw???
  • jennacole12
    Options

yt3zksykajdu.gif

Yeah looks like this is almost too easy for ya.

My stone PR’s πŸ‘‡πŸ»

This simply looks tough. Good job!

It is and the form is odd..... but also oddly satisfying when you get it 😁.
  • jennacole12
    Options
    5ofseven wrote: Β»

yt3zksykajdu.gif

My stone PR’s πŸ‘‡πŸ»

Hey, these two are mine, git yer own :rage:

OMG!!!! I thought you were gone!!! I’m so glad to see your name 😁😁😁

Also, I’m pretty sure @KickassAmazon76 and I have enough videos of ourselves working out that fighting won’t be necessary πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options

yt3zksykajdu.gif

My stone PR’s πŸ‘‡πŸ»

Also, I’m pretty sure @KickassAmazon76 and I have enough videos of ourselves working out that fighting won’t be necessary πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

Haha you got that right! Way too much! It's time to purge a bunch! Lol

And yes! I'm also glad you're still here! ❀️

Jenna, GRRRL, you're so pretty! 😊
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Options

yt3zksykajdu.gif

My stone PR’s πŸ‘‡πŸ»

Oh boy the pressure πŸ˜… especially since I fail more than I don’t anymore 😬 where’s your contributions btw???

Oh no no, lol. Not me. I can feel the embarrassment just thinking about it. πŸ˜†
  • jennacole12
    Options

yt3zksykajdu.gif

My stone PR’s πŸ‘‡πŸ»

Oh no no, lol. Not me. I can feel the embarrassment just thinking about it. πŸ˜†

I embarrass myself daily πŸ˜‚ at least it’s entertaining for the people at my gym.... practically community service 😁
  • jennacole12
    Options

yt3zksykajdu.gif

My stone PR’s πŸ‘‡πŸ»

Haha you got that right! Way too much! It's time to purge a bunch! Lol

And yes! I'm also glad you're still here! ❀️

Jenna, GRRRL, you're so pretty! 😊

Thank you so much beautiful lady ☺️😘❀️
  • jennacole12
    Options
    LaneaJ wrote: Β»

yt3zksykajdu.gif

My stone PR’s πŸ‘‡πŸ»

Come on! No embarrassment here, just progress. πŸ€—

*whispers* If I can, you can Batman 🀭

One time I went on one of those reverse glute ham raise machines with a 45 lb plate, idk what happened but I did an entire somersault over the machine, weight flying and crashing loudly 🀣 the whole gym stared at me like Wtf 😳🀯 maybe I’m just embarrassed out 🀣
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options

yt3zksykajdu.gif

My stone PR’s πŸ‘‡πŸ»

Only love in this thread. It's safe here. Embarrassment goes in the fail thread. πŸ˜ŠπŸ€—
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options

yt3zksykajdu.gif

My stone PR’s πŸ‘‡πŸ»

One time I went on one of those reverse glute ham raise machines with a 45 lb plate, idk what happened but I did an entire somersault over the machine, weight flying and crashing loudly 🀣 the whole gym stared at me like Wtf 😳🀯 maybe I’m just embarrassed out 🀣

Damn... That would have been epic!
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Options

yt3zksykajdu.gif

My stone PR’s πŸ‘‡πŸ»

You ALMOST had me with the Batman reference.