What "trendy" foods do you have no interest in trying?

Options

Replies

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    vivo1972 wrote: »
    Cloud bread.

Just no :/

made me look it up. it's just a fluffy omelet
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    The sound of raindrop cake doesn't appeal to me.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raindrop_cake

sounds like to much trouble for a tasteless desserts that is designed for mission impossible "in 3 minutes This dessert will self destruct"
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,606 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    Cronuts

I've tried a croughnut and can declare they are not worth the calories.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    I don't have high hopes for cronuts, as I'm not all that into croissants or donuts, but I would be interested in trying one.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    I don't have high hopes for cronuts, as I'm not all that into croissants or donuts, but I would be interested in trying one.

I have had once before and it was meh. But I suspect it's because I got it from DD and not a fancy bakery.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    vivo1972 wrote: »
    Cloud bread.

Just no :/

made me look it up. it's just a fluffy omelet

I agree. Another easy portable egg for breakfast or a snack
  • lemurcat2
    Options
    Here is an opinionated review of a few local cronut, er, doughssant options:
    https://www.poweredbydoughnuts.com/doughnut-shop-reviews/chicago-cronut-crawl

My take away, as someone who hates s'mores (mainly bc I hate marshmallow), is that although I would try a doughssant, I have zero interest in a s'mores doughssant.
  • acpgee
    Options
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    those souffle pancakes too don't look that great imo
  • lemurcat2
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I apparently missed this trend (I'd like to try most of them, however, although the bacon-themed first one is underwhelming): https://www.foodandwine.com/travel/savory-cupcakes?
  • fitpal4242
    fitpal4242 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Anything labeled “Keto-friendly”.

Absolutely this!

Also anything with fake sweetener.. I don’t care if it’s the newest trendy thing and supposedly better than all the others. If you want something sweet, you just need to factor in the calories. Maybe you use something considered to be less harmful like maple syrup or honey. Anything that mysteriously tastes sweet but has 0 calories can’t be good for you.

• pancakerunner
    Options
    I have tried, and just can't do it... zucchini noodles and spaghetti squash
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    Options

For me, these fall in the category of "anything tastes good if you put enough cheese on it." 😂😂
  • lemurcat2
    Options
    senalay788 wrote: »

I like them both and both have their uses. But I am not going to somehow lie to myself that these are supposed to resemble pasta in any way what so ever.

Yeah, this is same as me. I don't think they taste like pasta, but I like both of them -- after all, I like zucchini in other forms, and I like winter squash in general. I also think they make a nice vehicle for tasty sauces, as does pasta. The specific sauce I made varies based on what I am putting it on.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    amart4224 wrote: »

For me, these fall in the category of "anything tastes good if you put enough cheese on it." 😂😂

basically! I do like spagehtti squash with a ton of parm
  • pancakerunner
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I'm not really in to those functional beverages and sparkling waters with adaptogens and herbs and stuff
  • acpgee
    Options
    I don't mind stretching pasta by replacing a quarter of spaghetti with spiralized courgette. As long as have at least two thirds of the chewy texture of real pasta, I don't mind swapping some of it.
  • Healthy_Body_46
    Healthy_Body_46 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    All of them basically :)

I eat very regular, plain foods almost all the time as I find them easier to count/control and also I don't really feel I need any kind of fancy or trendy or fashionable food. It also seems easier to me as I prefer to think as less as possible about diet/weight etc. (which still means quite a lot compared to most people I think).
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,428 Member
    Options
    I loooooove chai, and order it on Amazon by the pound.

Yesterday amazon suggested some chai brand that has various artistically labelled bottled chai flavors claiming to support brain health, focus, mental stability, all kinds of woo things.

Nooooooo thanks.