What "trendy" foods do you have no interest in trying?

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    Freak shakes are unappetizing to me

Me too...that goes for Elmstreet's pancakes or waffles 'things'....fg6a8ysjmab8.png WTH???

yes! also the popular "flex bowls" from IG
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    A couple of years ago I was in Potbelly's around Thanksgiving and saw they were promoting this ridiculous pumpkin pie shake (whole piece of pie in it, something like 2000 cals for the shake). I didn't know it was a thing, and I don't get the appeal at all.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member

Me too...that goes for Elmstreet's pancakes or waffles 'things'....fg6a8ysjmab8.png WTH???

I'm not what a flex bowl is. Show me a pic please😁
  • fit_mamajama
    fit_mamajama Posts: 6 Member
    Poutine!
  • pancakerunner

I'm not what a flex bowl is. Show me a pic please😁

npydpmuxz1dj.png
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    ^ok....but would this be considered a flex bowl? If so I love 'Flex Bowls'😉
    kaiikupv5x5n.png
  • pancakerunner
    ^ok....but would this be considered a flex bowl? If so I love 'Flex Bowls'😉
    kaiikupv5x5n.png

mmmm the way I approach the concept is more of a "junk bowl" haha
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    I typed in "what is a flex bowl" and got "The idea of a flex bowl comes from the IIFYM (If It Fits Your Macros) school of fitness nutrition. Basically the aim of the bowl is to use up whatever remains of your macros at the end of the day.

Having said this, flex bowls can be consumed any time of the day – if you can fit it into your macros!

The beauty of a flex bowl is how versatile and easy they are to put together. They can contain whatever you want (yes, naughty ingredients are allowed!) in whatever quantities you need." (from https://www.myprotein.com/thezone/nutrition/what-are-flex-bowls-iifym-meal-planning/)

I don't bother with using up my macros, so not interested in trying, but in that it can include any foods, I imagine they can be good.

When I typed in "what is" the first option I got was "malort" which isn't trendy, but I seemed to hear about it more last year and this one than ever before, and I have no interest in trying it.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    (snip for length)

When I typed in "what is" the first option I got was "malort" which isn't trendy, but I seemed to hear about it more last year and this one than ever before, and I have no interest in trying it.

I'd never heard of that - you made me look! 😆 (It didn't come up that fast in predictive search for me, maybe because you're in Chicago, and I'm not? Google is clever that way.)

I'd try it, though I don't want a whole big bottle. I'm a big fan of green Chartreuse (yellow is OK, just not as good), which gets some hate from a lot of people, too, so I might like it. (Didn't like acquavit, though.)

Never know until I try. 🤷‍♀️
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Nothing but the bagel seasoni g 😖
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member

I would take the cupcake on top 😄
  • fitpal4242
    fitpal4242 Posts: 109 Member
    Nothing but the bagel seasoni g 😖

So, a bagel?

Or the Everything But The Bagel season that is just the toppings that would go on an Everything bagel?

If EBTB, I love that! But I believe it was one of Oprah’s favorite things a few years back
  • pancakerunner
    senalay788 wrote: »
    Not so much food but a method. Mason jar salads. What sick twisted human being came up with this idea.

true.
  • pancakerunner
    pre-packaged overnight oats...
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited December 2020
    $10 a bar fried cheese.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    How can you not like bacon wrapped things 😲 I am offended 😄

Bacon/pork is disgusting

I liked pork (before becoming vegetarian in !1974!), more than other meats, mostly the non-smoked types (side pork > bacon). Bacon is seriously over-rated these days IMO (even if I still ate it), especially bacon-flavored everything: Bacon chocolate, bacon martinis, bacon-wrapped everthing no matter whether sensible or not. Tooooo much.

I agree. I used to eat meat and loved the taste of beef, chicken, lamb, and goat but pork was absolutely gross to me.

Pork was the first meat I gave up eating around age 7. I was absolutely unable to swallow it.

Bacon-flavoured sweets/pastries are an abomination.

Salted caramel is another trend I wish would die a speedy death. Because my father had to restrict sodium I grew up eating very little salt and I have a real aversion to the taste of it. Don't mess up lovely caramel with salt!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,883 Member
    senalay788 wrote: »
    Not so much food but a method. Mason jar salads. What sick twisted human being came up with this idea.

Ha! You beat me to it.

I think this trend is due to meal prep meets Instagram.

MasonJarSalads_web_2500x2500_2_2018_1400x.jpg?v=1533664970
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,883 Member
    I don’t know if they’re trendy but “pasta” or “rice” substitutes just made out of shredded or spiralised veg. I love veg and eat a fair amount but I just don’t get the substitution. If I’m eating a bowl of pasta, I want proper pasta!

29851e8c14c6d3d238b316c4af2c0aab.jpeg