What "trendy" foods do you have no interest in trying?

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    matcha
    golden tumeric drink
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I attempted the whipped coffee. Can confirm, maximum effort for underwhelming coffee that eventually ends up just being iced coffee with too much milk in it.

I like zoodles and spaghetti squash, but yes, if you make them expecting them to be anything like real pasta, you will be disappointed.

I don't "get" bulletproof coffee. I've never tried it, maybe it's amazing, I don't know. But it's hard to get past the idea of "coffee with butter in it." There's a quasi-vegan coffee shop near my house that has it on the menu alongside all of their woo-smoothies full of turmeric and unicorn pee or whatever, I don't know. If it wasn't literally twelve dollars I'd try it just to see what it's like, but that's too much for "coffee with butter in it."
  • fitpal4242
    fitpal4242 Posts: 109 Member
    I always see those Daily Harvest smoothies in stores, but they just seem really expensive for what you get.

Really? What stores do they sell them in? I always thought it was subscription delivery only.

I think it’s worth it because I get up very early before I work out and drink them then. I add some almond milk to it & dump the whole cup into the blender & it’s little effort. It would be more expensive & a lot more work if I bought all those fresh ingredients myself & chopped it up just right. I always made a big mess and never the right amount When I’ve made my own smoothies in the past. I understand how it may not be worth it to there, though.
  • fitpal4242
    fitpal4242 Posts: 109 Member
    I don’t know if they’re trendy but “pasta” or “rice” substitutes just made out of shredded or spiralised veg. I love veg and eat a fair amount but I just don’t get the substitution. If I’m eating a bowl of pasta, I want proper pasta!

Agree! They need to stop claiming that cauliflower rice tastes just like real rice & you can’t tell the difference. You absolutely can. Id enjoy it a lot more if we’d all stop pretending.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    matcha
    golden tumeric drink

yes to both!
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    matcha
    golden tumeric drink

yes to both!

ha...I really like both
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,413 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    matcha
    golden tumeric drink

yes to both!

ha...I really like both

They’re all yours. In all seriousness. I was OK with them til I started taking turmeric supplements and now I can’t bear the smell or sight of them, but they’re too expensive to throw out. Most haven’t even been opened. Food guilt. It would make an excellent thread.

6o7n3ls7itaj.jpeg
  • vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    "all of their woo-smoothies full of turmeric and unicorn pee or whatever"

Now that's funny !!!

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,413 Member
    LOL. We did secret santa at work and guess what my secret santa got me? golden turmeric latte mix

I would like to disagree this, not on the basis of the post, but the gift. Yuck.
  • pancakerunner
    Vegan lentil “meatloaf” lol
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,595 Member
    A pizzeria in my neighbourhood has appeared that does charcoal crusts. We will be trying that as hubby complains about gas and bloating after pizza and the charcoal is meant to help with that. I also like reports that the crusts taste smokey.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,595 Member
    A trendy food I do recommend is Xiao Long Bao. I started noticing it on dim sum menu's in London maybe two years ago. A minced pork dumpling that squirts out hot broth when you bite into it. They'e even got frozen ready made ones nowadays in the asian supermarket to steam carefully at home.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xiaolongbao
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    im not very trendy or even know whats trendy but these were my first thoughts based on what I see in stores....

anything kale
    avocado toast (mind you i love avocado. and I love toast. just not together)
    cauliflower made into anything NOT cauliflower #sorrynotsorry
    fake meat
    gluten free anything
    sugar free anything
    fat free anything

mind you, these are for me personally, I understand some of them may be required for others for any number of reasons, none of which apply to me LOL
  • pancakerunner
    Mochi
  • chickenz
    chickenz Posts: 101 Member
    Anything acai
  • pancakerunner
    Freak shakes are unappetizing to me