Less Alcohol - JANUARY 2021 - One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy you weren’t kidding when you said you were from Southeast BC! My BC experience begins and ends with Vancouver and Victoria. Still, beautiful!

So how often do you need to sharpen your blades skating on a lake? Years ago I did figure skating at rinks. I imagine your blades get chewed up pretty quickly!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,566 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Womona wrote: »
    @dawnbgethealthy you weren’t kidding when you said you were from Southeast BC! My BC experience begins and ends with Vancouver and Victoria. Still, beautiful!

So how often do you need to sharpen your blades skating on a lake? Years ago I did figure skating at rinks. I imagine your blades get chewed up pretty quickly!

Yes, I remember that you used to live over that way. So beautiful there, but no outdoor ice skating : - )
    I am about a 12 hour drive to Vancouver.
    I love Washington Coast and that Oregon Coast too!

Um...sharpen skates, mental note lol. I haven't sharpened them at all since the beginning of the season! I would probably feel that more in an arena where the ice is smooth, but I seem to dig in pretty well on the outdoor stuff with likely dull blades.

I am so not surprised that you used to figure skate. Throw-back photos?