Less Alcohol - JANUARY 2021 - One Day At A Time

Replies

• HerNameIsMischief
    HerNameIsMischief Posts: 158 Member
    The thing is, I've been drinking pretty much daily for a long time and this is a pretty new occurrence. I'm used to getting sick after maybe a week's worth of drinking and getting the jitters and maybe puking, but not this new gastrointestinal problem. It's not severe, but it's been happening virtually every night for at least a week.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited January 2021
    @mainelylisa good to see you are still kick'n it. I did not commit to a dry January, I committed to a misty January and have been doing great. Averaging 1 standard drink per week.
    I would say you have clearly done your DRY HOLIDAY spell. Treat yourself to a nice glass at dinner. You deserve it!
    Remember to take @womona micro sips.
    Have a nice time in Rockwood.
  • MissMay
    @Trish1c
    hmmmmmmmm.........did you read our fine print where it says anyone who bakes a cake has to share it with the rest of this group? Micro slivers will do fine. It sounds delish.

Let us know if you do notice a lower tolerance. I for one know I could never drink like I used to now that I cut way way back. And that's a blessing.
  • quievala
    quievala Posts: 6 Member
    MissMay wrote: »
    @Trish1c
    hmmmmmmmm.........did you read our fine print where it says anyone who bakes a cake has to share it with the rest of this group? Micro slivers will do fine. It sounds delish.

Let us know if you do notice a lower tolerance. I for one know I could never drink like I used to now that I cut way way back. And that's a blessing.
    I did not see that on the fine print. Please advise
    :)))
  • MissMay
    edited January 2021
    @HerNameIsMischief
    I had posted some thing similar to this a week or so ago to give folks a guide as to what a standard
    drink looks like. If your concerned about the health effects on your body from consuming alcohol then this may give you some motivation. The recommended consumption is one or two standard size drinks(depending where you are located in the world) for people. Regardless of size, age etc.
    Your tall boys that you consumed last evening are 24 ounces each, that is twice the standard sized 5% beer recommendation.
    I am sure you a.ready know this because you do present yourself as an intelligent man. Just thought this may give a bit of insight for you to roll around in your head.
    bpjcf01f6iqt.jpg
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    @HerNameIsMischief

Just a point of clarification I was using "revolting" as a verb, not an adjective. Please do not think I was insulting you.
  • HerNameIsMischief
    HerNameIsMischief Posts: 158 Member
    Trish1c wrote: »
    @HerNameIsMischief

Just a point of clarification I was using "revolting" as a verb, not an adjective. Please do not think I was insulting you.

That was the joke. :)
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    Had only one glass both last night and tonight. Didn’t pour that 2nd glass!

So after losing my tennis match today 🙁, came home at dinner time. Had a glass of wine on an empty stomach as wonder husband cooked dinner. Holy cow! Half a glass and I was pretty tipsy! I couldn’t believe how fast I felt it. Glad I stopped at just one.

He made pizza which I will totally regret tomorrow, but it was yummy.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Fishing today and brought home enough speckled trout for fish tacos with guacamole for lunch. Long afternoon walk then 2 rum w/ diet coke this evening (drinking water now). Lovely smoked roast for dinner and watched a dark comedy ... The Dressmaker. Mom, DH & I had a nice quiet evening. She is enjoying us being around and it has been nice. Though I am doing a ton of technology advice and fixing of her phone and iPad for her which consumes hours. But such is life.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Trish1c wrote: »
    I'm happy to send everybody a slice or here's the recipe: It's the Good Housekeeping Merryfield Apple Cake. https://www.cooks.com/recipe/3j16h777/merryfield-apple-cake.html I add flaxseed to increase the protein; I also reduce the white sugar & add 1/2 c brown sugar, I also add 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg & 1/2 tsp allspice. Yes, there is still too much sugar & oil for a "diet" but between the apples & flaxseed, overall it's not a terribly unhealthy cake . . .or at least I console myself with that idea.

@Trish1c - I love baking apple cakes like this too. Instead of the full 1 cup of oil I use 1/2 cup of oil and then substitute applesauce for the other 1/2 cup. Still moist and even healthier! I've also tried substituting applesauce for the whole cup off and on.