WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2021

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,869 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka does the weather affect your hip? The rain sure gets my knees…

Not so far. The weather has been nice here for a while, and yet my hip started acting up.

Losing a few kg might help.
    I am using it differently now and that may be helping.
    And I've started doing a few exercises ... I have a collection of hip exercises and remember just a few. :blush: I'll have to dig out my exercise page. But nevertheless the hip pain has eased a bit.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,869 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Getting to know each other question ...

What makes you laugh?

Machka in Oz
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Hi all!
    Very heavy frost last night. The house is struggling to get back up to temperature. I might leave the heating on tonight.
    But ......the sun is shining! :D We grabbed the opportunity to walk our 5k on the seafront. Quite a few people about, but not uncomfortable. The sea was a gleaming millpond. 4 swimmers and 2 paddleboarders. :o:o Gorgeous out.

This morning when DH finished his elliptical he said it was his best time since March. Of course, that spurred me on and I did my second best time ever. :D
    Listened to a BBC World Service programme on the Swiss guy who made a serum against bubonic plague. In Vietnam. Never heard of him before.

I'm taking a leaf out of Lisa's cookbook and making oven baked meatballs today. Tomato sauce and roasted cauliflower. There should be loads of meatballs over to freeze for another day. Yesterday was vegetarian and the previous two days were fish, so I feel a bit of meat is in order.

All good here. Still writing regularly.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    tz4lidhnu1dp.jpeg
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

What makes you laugh?

Machka in Oz

Hmmm, often best laughs are spontaneous moments... conversations, live with friends (or family).

I laughed out loud at some things seen on line recently but I can't remember what. Often humor that is a bit deep, and a bit quirky.

In terms of shows SOME SNL skits are SO funny to me, others are off the mark.
    I'm not big on animated in general, but really liked the show "Big mouth"...

I liked the show "Let Down"... sort of slice of life things with a bit of darkish, or quirky or edgy (but not extremely dark and not mean) humour. I don't like mean humour.

@Machka9 sorry about your hip I hope it's better soon...

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »

Tina so glad to hear shortness of breath is improving. Might allergies be triggering the drainage cough?
    [
    Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    January: leaner/stronger/kinder than December.
    daily: sit with Joe: 6, weigh/wii: 6/10, steps>5592=3474  vits=6 log=6 CI<CO=6 CI<250<CO=5 Tumble 5=5 Shadow 5=6 mfp=6 outside=5 up hill=3
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3 =2 rx=1 dance=4 clean 60 mins=2 packwalk=1
    mnthly: board mtg= , grant= , 21 plan= bonus: AF=3 play=5 sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

Yes, the drainage is allergy related, but for some reason I cannot get a handle on it this season. I tried zyrtec before and it does not help with the drainage cough, but I'm giving rhinocort another try and taking far too much diphenhydramine. But, the diphenhydramine stops it. I just know it's not good for me to take so much.

Tina
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Machka: My wrists are doing okay this morning. The left was more damaged in the fall. I used DMSO on the left wrist and on the left side of my forehead. I bought this product from Amazon. I’ve been using it for many years when it is needed. My physician, who has since been long retired, told me it was safe and okay for my external use. My vision is below par and has nothing to do with DMSO. It is because of a severely scratched lens from the fall.

Your graduation photo is one that shows triumph! CONGRATULATIONs! :bigsmile:

Pip: I love your dog photos!!

Our next-door neighbor is having some remodeling in her townhouse. We share a common wall. The carpenters started pounding before 7 am this morning. We are NOT happy about this. We may complain to the home owners association. I’m considering talking to the HOA President about it. :grumble:

Katla, the wounded and grumpy
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    Dentist numbers found and dentists appointments made. CHECK

an administratif bump to sort out today. took an hour.

Now to do insurance numbers! :s I don't hate numbers but before starting this time, I'm really not gung ho!

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,091 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Just wanted to say Welcome to our newbies. This is a great bunch of girls who have a wealth of knowledge and life has experiences to draw on. Someone will always answer any questions asked. It's a busy group, so don't feel you have to comment on every post. Just jump in when your interest is sparked.

It's good to see past members reposting. You were missed.

Machka: I have a quirky sense of humour. So many things make me laugh. Especially the absurdities of life.
    Kylia: You have had an eventful time of it. 😢Sara.
    Allie: Relieved that you are negative. Hope that the pneumonia gets sorted quickly.
    Lisa: 😍 That stunning wedding dress! Lovely to see it again.
    Karla: Sorry about your fall. Hoping you aren't incapacitated for too long.
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    My brother who caught Covid from his step-grandchildren was admitted to the hospital this morning. He has congestive heart failure which has complicated the Covid. His oxygen sats were down in the 70s this morning so DSIL called the doc and was told to take him in. Just found out he has Covid related pneumonia and they are going to keep him for a while on oxygen, fluids and antibiotics.
    Everyone take care, Sue in WA
    So sorry. Will pray for a good outcome.

We went out again today for a walk despite the dullness of the day. We did get slightly wet, but we're appropriately dressed so no biggie!

Finally caught up.

☘️ Terri
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    15 min cleaning kitchen, found lots of covers behind shelves and Tupperware under the sink hobnob...recovered a few lost pans from behind the cupboard... :|
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🌞🙂💛

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    Options
    One thing I love about my DH is that we LAUGH such a lot.
    I am so blessed.
    My previous husband was a good man, but my spirits sank whenever I entered the house. I describe it as if I was serving a ball and he just let it drop. There was never a return.
    With my DH our life is humorous. It's not jokes, but a sideways way of looking at life. I laugh a LOT. Our whole conversation is like a great game of tennis. :D<3
    If we are thinking about a hysterical belly laugh I just love the BBC programme, Would I Lie To You. On a good week I am helpless with laughter. A real tonic.
    Traditional comedians leave me cold. Make my flesh crawl. I hate those weird old men who think they are funny. Just creepy to me. Don't like many "funny men". Not funny, just hideously creepy. They are odd and not savoury.
    But I find so many things to laugh about. The grandchildren make me laugh. Life is very funny. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

What makes you laugh?

Machka in Oz

My children and our pets. They are both nuts. Especially that silly hedgehog.

Flea
    Still on the Olympic Peninsula