Insanity 2021!

I'm starting my insanity journey today and looking for buddies to join this crazy 60 day plan!? Looking forward to the challenges ahead and ready to commit πŸ’ͺ I have 50 pounds to lose, so let's do this, anyone with me!?
Β«13456713

Replies

• katylockett
    katylockett Posts: 164 Member
    Day 2: Plyometric circuit. πŸ’ͺ
    Wow those level 1 drills, did what I could and it'll be great to see my fitness improve so I can actually do a full push up 🀣
    Going to continue these posts to keep me on track, but I'm hoping fitness buddies will join me at some stage 🀞
  • katylockett
    Day 3: Cardio power and resistance πŸ’ͺ done!
    Woo those power jumps πŸ˜… and I really couldn't manage many triceps dips, but I know I'll get better at them. I'm excited to get another workout done! Feeling great for a Monday morning πŸ€”πŸ€£
  • thisvickyruns
    thisvickyruns Posts: 193 Member
    I did insanity a few years ago... LOVE shaun t! Pure cardio was always my favourite.
  • katylockett
    Hi Vicky, same! Totally loving Shaun T, he is a great motivator! I'm yet to complete the pure cardio day, one to look forward to! Were you happy with your 60 day results?
  • katylockett
    Day 4: Cardio Recovery.
    Jeez those plank, squat and lunge holds / pulses 😬 looking forward to being able to hold then a bit longer πŸ™ˆπŸ˜… Nice quicker routine this morning, feeling great! πŸ’ͺ
  • thisvickyruns
    Hi Vicky, same! Totally loving Shaun T, he is a great motivator! I'm yet to complete the pure cardio day, one to look forward to! Were you happy with your 60 day results?

yes, I got loads fitter and stronger over the 60 days, it was great.
  • katylockett
    Day 5: Pure Cardio - done πŸ˜³πŸ˜…πŸ’ͺ
    Omg I was like 😳😬 when Shaun T said he was nervous for the workout. Oh my legs and shoulders are shredded. What a mental workout 🀣 this is well named, I love it! I agree Vicky my favourite workout so far! Feeling great for putting in 100% but also looking forward to my Friday rest day now πŸ˜‚
  • katylockett
    Day 6: Plyometric circuit πŸ’ͺ week one done!
    Level one drills are brutal 🀣 I feel like I was able to do a little bit more although still wrecked! Nervous about weigh in tomorrow. I know I'll have muscle weight but hopefully will show some fat loss on the scales 😬 time will tell!
  • katylockett
    I've been glancing at your posts, as I did Insanity a couple of years ago. Loved it, felt AMAZING (and run over LOL) after every session, but didn't lose weight with it. So whilst tempting, I decided not to jump on the thread as a 'do-er'. However, I read your thread last night and thought - "oh, I hope she's not disappointed when she finds she's put on some weight". Cos you KNOW it's water weight from the sudden exercise shift don't you? Hang on in there, take ALL the photos, and measure your progress against the first session. You are getting fitter, healthier and happier. The scale only shows part of the picture...

Thanks for your reply and encouraging words! I did suspect that the scales wouldn't be kind, but yes, definitely reminding myself of your words, getting fitter, healthy and happier! I didn't take measurements or photos to start but I'm going to do that this weekend and not stepping on the scales until the finish day πŸ˜‚ don't want to be discouraged! Thanks again, tomorrow is another day and it's cardio power and resistance day 😳πŸ’ͺ
  • thisvickyruns
    Argh as I suspected I put on a pound & a 1/2. I'm staying off the scales until the end of these 9 weeks as I don't want to feel disappointed 😞 I'm getting fitter, eating better with a deficit, so it will work with consistency, I need to trust the process

I didn't lose any weight when I did insanity... lost a few inches but put 2lbs on!
  • katylockett
    Day 8: Cardio Power and Resistance. Done πŸ’ͺ
    I definitely felt like I gave it my all, so much so I almost 🀒 on globe jumps πŸ™ˆ My tricep dips are still, frankly non exsistant but I did more and better on the other moves and triceps will come 🀞
    I'm excited to start my second insanity week 😁 I love those hurdle jumps 'Come on y' all let's go!!'
    Let's do this! Great way to start the weekend πŸ‘
  • katylockett
    Argh as I suspected I put on a pound & a 1/2. I'm staying off the scales until the end of these 9 weeks as I don't want to feel disappointed 😞 I'm getting fitter, eating better with a deficit, so it will work with consistency, I need to trust the process

I didn't lose any weight when I did insanity... lost a few inches but put 2lbs on!

Hi Vicky,
    Yeah I think I'm going to be the same but like 'skinnyrev' said Im getting fitter, healthier and happier, which is what it's all about - the weight loss will come I'm sure! What did you do to lose weight after insanity? Presuming you wanted to lose weight that is!
  • thisvickyruns

Hi Vicky,
    Yeah I think I'm going to be the same but like 'skinnyrev' said Im getting fitter, healthier and happier, which is what it's all about - the weight loss will come I'm sure! What did you do to lose weight after insanity? Presuming you wanted to lose weight that is!

I used MFP to lose weight, it's just a numbers game. Eat less than you burn and you'll lose weight.

The high intensity of insanity creates water retention which messes with the scales, that's all 😊
  • katylockett

Hi Vicky,

I used MFP to lose weight, it's just a numbers game. Eat less than you burn and you'll lose weight.

The high intensity of insanity creates water retention which messes with the scales, that's all 😊

Thanks Vicky, I'm definitely playing the numbers game and I'll continue with a deficit after insanity, but maybe drop the exercise to a run every other day - I'll certainly be fit enough for that after this program I'm sure 🀣
  • mjwilson0246
    mjwilson0246 Posts: 12 Member

I made the big mistake not taking measurements before insanity and I felt like you too and alittle discouraged at the beginning. Don’t let that stop you. Keep pushing play and dig deeper! Lol. Seriously you will get the results you desire. Don’t give up.
  • thisvickyruns

Hi Vicky,

Thanks Vicky, I'm definitely playing the numbers game and I'll continue with a deficit after insanity, but maybe drop the exercise to a run every other day - I'll certainly be fit enough for that after this program I'm sure 🀣

I started running after I finished insanity too πŸ˜€
  • katylockett

I made the big mistake not taking measurements before insanity and I felt like you too and alittle discouraged at the beginning. Don’t let that stop you. Keep pushing play and dig deeper! Lol. Seriously you will get the results you desire. Don’t give up.

Hi MJ, measurements taken this morning πŸ‘πŸ‘ I'm having faith in the process! Haha yes keep pressing play and digging deep πŸ’ͺ Thanks for your message, definitely not giving not giving up, I will be seeing this crazy program through to the end 🀣