Insanity 2021!

Replies

• katylockett
    katylockett Posts: 164 Member
    Day 59: Max Interval Circuit. Done πŸ’ͺ
    Another mid shift workout - this is becoming a bit of regular thing now but I'm starting to enjoy the metal challenge of forcing myself to workout later 🀣 what's happened to me!
    I smashed it again today, I love this workout, I can really go for it and this was the last time for this one 😱 I'm an absolute mess, definitely dug deeper! πŸ˜…
  • dolorsit
    dolorsit Posts: 92 Member
    Am following your thread avidly. Fantastic progress. Looking forward to your day 60 results!
  • katylockett
    dolorsit wrote: Β»
    Am following your thread avidly. Fantastic progress. Looking forward to your day 60 results!

Thanks @dolorsit I'm very excited for the final results! It will actually be day 63 results for the final fit test, weigh in and measurements, I've never been more excited for a Monday morning - also quite scared of the numbers I have to beat in the last fit test 😬 it's going to be tough but I'm ready to give it all I have πŸ’ͺπŸ’₯
  • oryx14641
    oryx14641 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi everyone, this is my first ever post...

I've been doing insanity because of this thread. I've been struggling with it a bit to be honest but I really want to finish. I've just started the second month and it's just getting harder, I seem to be getting worse at push ups particularly. Yesterday I could only manage 2 push-up jacks (I did 17 in the fit test). I wonder if I'm overdoing it? Should I take a few days off maybe?
  • dolorsit
    dolorsit Posts: 92 Member
    edited March 2021
    It will actually be day 63 results for the final fit test, weigh in and measurements

Doh! I thought it was a 60 day programme. Well, looking forward to your day 63 results then!
  • katylockett
    Hi everyone, this is my first ever post...

I've been doing insanity because of this thread. I've been struggling with it a bit to be honest but I really want to finish. I've just started the second month and it's just getting harder, I seem to be getting worse at push ups particularly. Yesterday I could only manage 2 push-up jacks (I did 17 in the fit test). I wonder if I'm overdoing it? Should I take a few days off maybe?

Hi @oryx14641 oh thats brilliant, congratulations on reaching month two! I can only say from my own experience that if you feel you need an extra rest day then take it. I'm with you on the push up struggle, they are tough and definitely something I still need to improve on. I'd say if you are in pain, take a rest day but if it muscle soreness it should ease as you get moving. Don't let this beat you though, push through and do what you can, you'll be at day 60 before you know it! You've got this! All the best!
  • oryx14641
    oryx14641 Posts: 2 Member

Hi @oryx14641 oh thats brilliant, congratulations on reaching month two! I can only say from my own experience that if you feel you need an extra rest day then take it. I'm with you on the push up struggle, they are tough and definitely something I still need to improve on. I'd say if you are in pain, take a rest day but if it muscle soreness it should ease as you get moving. Don't let this beat you though, push through and do what you can, you'll be at day 60 before you know it! You've got this! All the best!

It's not that I'm all that sore it's more that my arms just won't work, they feel weak. I'm supposed to do max recovery today and all those press ups, I don't know... I might actually be doing more harm than good at this point. I think I'll give myself a rest day today and pick it up tomorrow.
  • katylockett

It's not that I'm all that sore it's more that my arms just won't work, they feel weak. I'm supposed to do max recovery today and all those press ups, I don't know... I might actually be doing more harm than good at this point. I think I'll give myself a rest day today and pick it up tomorrow.

I'm the same with the recovery workouts the push ups are tough! Have you tried the negative push ups? Maybe an idea for tomorrow. Enjoy the rest day you've earned it!
  • katylockett
    Day 60 πŸ˜±πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ: Max Interval Sports Training. Done πŸ’ͺ
    Well I can't quite believe I'm at day 60! Today's workout was great, I definitely did more of the core work (thanks to max abs) and I definitely managed more of the gymnastics set. I noticed a real improvement on this one this morning πŸ‘progress is still happening and even though this is the last time on this one for this round, I'll be back to it πŸ’ͺ It's one of the main reasons I'm set for doing another 63 days, I know I've got it in me to manage more, my muscles just need more time to get there.
    Another great workout this morning.
    Have a great day, happy Friday!! 😊
  • davidbarnett852
    davidbarnett852 Posts: 4 Member
    Well done! I like the accountability and support that comes from posting progress on here. I am so tempted to give this a go. I suppose it doesn't matter when you do the sets? For me it would work better doing it early evening rather than morning. Again will done and good luck for Mondays results :smiley:
  • katylockett
    Well done! I like the accountability and support that comes from posting progress on here. I am so tempted to give this a go. I suppose it doesn't matter when you do the sets? For me it would work better doing it early evening rather than morning. Again will done and good luck for Mondays results :smiley:

Thanks @davidbanett852 😊
    Me too! Posting each day has really kept me focused and on track - the comments really spur me on too, so thanks again!
    You should definitely go for it, the results are worth it!
    I've had to mix it up weekly re: when I can fit it in with my work schedule and it's been tough to get my head around exercising at different times, but again a good challenge!
    I'll be starting a second round of insanity (🀣 it's so well named!) on Monday the 22nd if you'd like to join.
    Have a great weekend!
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    I'm in awe of you all! Really tempted to join you... but at the same time, I want to get back to swimming every other day as soon as the pools are open, and am trying to cycle/resistance band workout more too... so many exercise options!
  • katylockett
    I'm in awe of you all! Really tempted to join you... but at the same time, I want to get back to swimming every other day as soon as the pools are open, and am trying to cycle/resistance band workout more too... so many exercise options!

Oh thanks @skinnyrev2b πŸ‘ I know πŸ˜‚ so many options! It'll be great when everything opens back up again too - even more options then!
    You got me onto looking at more dance workouts for next week and I found Sharona Hill dance workouts on YouTube - they look like so much fun! Definitely be having a dance to the greatest showman soon!
  • katylockett
    Day 61: Max Interval Plyo. Done πŸ’ͺ
    Again I'm noticing improvements! I managed more of the floor hops in the warm up - these wreck me 😰 and I worked so hard on the negative push up alternatives (I'm surprised my neighbours didn't call an ambulance with the noises I was making 🀣). I'm prepared to not be able to use my arms for the next hour or so πŸ˜‚
    Another great workout and only Max Cardio Conditioning, Max Abs and a fit test to go 😱 What a journey!
    Have a great Saturday 😊
  • skinnyrev2b
    Nice one! And gonna head off to that Sharona Hill recommendation! Love a bit of Showman!
    I've found Popsugar fitness on YT to be a great resource too. Just in case you're looking for other stuff to cos since you're so fit now πŸ˜†πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ
  • katylockett
    Nice one! And gonna head off to that Sharona Hill recommendation! Love a bit of Showman!
    I've found Popsugar fitness on YT to be a great resource too. Just in case you're looking for other stuff to cos since you're so fit now πŸ˜†πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ

πŸ€£πŸ‘ I'll check it out, thanks!
  • katylockett
    Day 62: Insane Abs and Max Cardio Conditioning. Done πŸ’ͺ
    πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰LAST FULL WORKOUT DONE πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰
    Oh jeez I'm wrecked and delighted in equal measure! I made it πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜±πŸ˜
    Omg I am so nervous for tomorrow, the numbers I have to beat are insane 😬 I'll have to give it everything I have, I CAN DO IT !!!
    I'm going to fuel right today, get good quality rest and get my head in the game to give myself the best possible outcome (considering popcorn and profiteroles 🀣) Wish me luck! 😬
    Have a great Sunday!
  • skinnyrev2b
    Good luck! And hold on to the numbers you've beaten in the workouts,and the energy you feel. Don't put too much emphasis on the scales nor on the last fitness test - that's only two of the metrics...
  • katylockett
    Good luck! And hold on to the numbers you've beaten in the workouts,and the energy you feel. Don't put too much emphasis on the scales nor on the last fitness test - that's only two of the metrics...

Thanks @skinnyrev2b 😊
  • thisvickyruns
    thisvickyruns Posts: 193 Member
    Day 62: Insane Abs and Max Cardio Conditioning. Done πŸ’ͺ
    πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰LAST FULL WORKOUT DONE πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰
    Oh jeez I'm wrecked and delighted in equal measure! I made it πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜±πŸ˜
    Omg I am so nervous for tomorrow, the numbers I have to beat are insane 😬 I'll have to give it everything I have, I CAN DO IT !!!
    I'm going to fuel right today, get good quality rest and get my head in the game to give myself the best possible outcome (considering popcorn and profiteroles 🀣) Wish me luck! 😬
    Have a great Sunday!

Woo hoo!!!!