Insanity 2021!

Replies

• csmcozart
    csmcozart Posts: 50 Member
    Max Cardio Conditioning completed this morning. I noticed changes in my legs and shoulders today that I've been overlooking because I was so focused on other areas.
  • katylockett
    katylockett Posts: 164 Member
    Day 3: Cardio Recovery. Done πŸ’ͺ
    Well I hate to say that was easy but.... 😱 I'm that shocked about my be able to manage everything without having to push through, delighted and amazed! I looked back to the first week last time and I wrote about struggling with the squat and lunge holds / pulses, amazing what a few weeks can do, great results πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    It's an after work workout today, so all that has been rattling around my head today is @skinnyrev2b 's mantra 'Don't think, just do. Don't think just do' 🀣 I've got this πŸ’ͺ

Ha ha ha!!! Nice one Katy!
  • skinnyrev2b
    Max Cardio Conditioning completed this morning. I noticed changes in my legs and shoulders today that I've been overlooking because I was so focused on other areas.

Awesome csmcozart! Way to look beyond the scale to those smaller, but no less important, victories!
  • katylockett
    Day 4: Pure Cardio. Done πŸ’ͺ
    Another amazing workout today 😁
    I managed everything (submitted to my slightly progressed negative push ups on drills) except the push jack's - they got me at the end πŸ˜… Surprise, surprise it was push ups that got me 🀣
    I have a feeling (already) that a third round of insanity will be needed to conquer these push ups.
    I can't believe the progress with my endurance 😱 I'm really enjoying the breakthroughs I'm able to bring back to month one workouts, a fab boost each day πŸ‘
    Have a great day everyone 😊
  • csmcozart
    Completed Max Interval Circuit this morning. I had a pain behind my left shoulder blade after my workout yesterday morning and it affected my sleep last night. However, I decided to do the warm up and see if the muscle loosened up. That worked and I was able to complete the session. I had to be more cautious than normal, but I made it through and now feel almost 100%.
  • katylockett
    Completed Max Interval Circuit this morning. I had a pain behind my left shoulder blade after my workout yesterday morning and it affected my sleep last night. However, I decided to do the warm up and see if the muscle loosened up. That worked and I was able to complete the session. I had to be more cautious than normal, but I made it through and now feel almost 100%.

That's awesome @csmcozart πŸ‘πŸ‘ I too found that - the warm up usually sorted me out. Well done for pressing play and doing the workout mindfully πŸ’ͺ
  • katylockett
    Day 5: Plyometric Circuit. Done πŸ’ͺ
    Oow that floor work 😬 push ups - definitely making progress πŸ‘πŸ‘ Ski Abs - noticing I'm able to do more and also definitely doing more of the 'in & outs', everything else I managed and was able to push really hard on.
    I'm loving month one workouts, being back to the shorter routines and able to do so much more than I could the first time - I'm able to really focus in on what needs improved (floor work!).
    I'm so glad it's Friday, it's been a busy week and I'm ready for the weekend! Happy Friday everyone 😊
  • csmcozart
    Core Cardio and Balance for me this morning as I close out the Insanity schedule for the week. Only one week left. I've gained five pounds since the last time I weighed myself, but I know it has to be muscle. My clothes are fitting better and I feel great.
  • katylockett
    Core Cardio and Balance for me this morning as I close out the Insanity schedule for the week. Only one week left. I've gained five pounds since the last time I weighed myself, but I know it has to be muscle. My clothes are fitting better and I feel great.

That's brilliant @csmcozart The hard work is paying off, great work πŸ‘
    Enjoy the last week!!
  • skinnyrev2b
    Nice one both of you! Well done and all that jazz!
    A nice little cardio dance workout for me today (meant to be a rest day, but I was feeling bored!). Bands again tomorrow. Defo working my way up the resistance, so must be doing something right!
    Gonna clean the shower now (anyone else combine cleaning the shower with having one, or is it just me? I can't figure out how cleaners rinse the cubicles out without at least getting a wet arm...
  • katylockett
    Nice one both of you! Well done and all that jazz!
    A nice little cardio dance workout for me today (meant to be a rest day, but I was feeling bored!). Bands again tomorrow. Defo working my way up the resistance, so must be doing something right!
    Gonna clean the shower now (anyone else combine cleaning the shower with having one, or is it just me? I can't figure out how cleaners rinse the cubicles out without at least getting a wet arm...

Nice one @skinnyrev2b πŸ‘πŸ‘
    I get that bored way too on a rest day now, the dance workouts are brilliant fun!
    πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ Yeah no idea how a cleaners manage that without a soaking, it's a skill! I combine the two as I have not mastered that one πŸ€”
  • katylockett
    Day 6: Rest day 😊
    Enjoyed getting out early this morning for a walk and now watching Brittany runs a marathon, love the sticking power message in this movie!
    Have a great Saturday 😊
  • skinnyrev2b
    Nice one Katy! Another resistance band wo for me today. Put on a bit of Madness in the background. Wow, that makes a difference...
  • katylockett
    Nice one Katy! Another resistance band wo for me today. Put on a bit of Madness in the background. Wow, that makes a difference...

Love a bit of music motivation, brilliant! πŸŽΆπŸ‘πŸ˜Š
  • katylockett
    Oh gosh, I had a bit of a challenging day yesterday 😡 and never got a chance to do anything I had planned, including my workout πŸ˜–
    Anyhoo new day, new week and today is on track πŸ‘πŸ‘
    Day 7: Cardio Power and Resistance. Done πŸ‘
    My favourite workout 😁 I gave it my all today and my negative push ups are going so well I was thinking as I'm doing them, 'should I try the full proper push up?!' πŸ˜‚ but I chickened out 🐣 - this is my goal for tomorrow πŸ’ͺ
    I definitely managed more ordinary triceps dips and more of the ball triceps dips, my arms are finally getting stronger πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ
    Have a great Monday everyone!
  • skinnyrev2b
    Sorry to hear about your challenging day yesterday. I hope all's ok personally for you.
    Well done you on your neg PUps! I've started them too... I'm cheating (?maybe? Actually, on reflection, maybe not) and have got 2 yoga blocks to make sure I get the right pose and depth. I lower myself (ok, so maybe I collapse a little at the end, hence cheating!) onto one at my hips and one at my chest - and aim to hit both at the same time... I tried pushing back up, but that ain't happening right now, so girly PUps pback up it is...!
  • katylockett
    Sorry to hear about your challenging day yesterday. I hope all's ok personally for you.
    Well done you on your neg PUps! I've started them too... I'm cheating (?maybe? Actually, on reflection, maybe not) and have got 2 yoga blocks to make sure I get the right pose and depth. I lower myself (ok, so maybe I collapse a little at the end, hence cheating!) onto one at my hips and one at my chest - and aim to hit both at the same time... I tried pushing back up, but that ain't happening right now, so girly PUps pback up it is...!

Thanks @skinnyrev2b 😊
    It doesn't sound like you cheating on your negative push ups - the way I saw it was as long as you are controlled for as long as you can when you lower yourself, you'll soon find you can control it right until you're at the floor. I like your yoga block idea, that's a great way to keep a check on your form. πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ That might be me tomorrow too on the push back up, I have hope though 🀞 we'll get there one day!
  • katylockett
    Day 8: Pure Cardio. Done πŸ’ͺ
    Omg this clock change has really knocked me, my usual workout time is 6am but now it's 5am in my mind argh! BUT I pressed play and got on with it 😬πŸ’ͺ
    I managed two, TWO πŸ˜‚ full push ups πŸ™„ then had to go back to NEGATIVES, but hey, that's two more than I could manage before. I'm thinking I will target these separately and do a few push ups tonight after work to hopefully progress quicker. My workout was brilliant though, it took the warm up to 'get into it' but I pushed and was a suitable mess after so 😁 I'm still loving the shorter workouts at the moment, I just need my body to adjust the clocks changing 🀣
    I hope everyone is having a great day 😊
  • skinnyrev2b
    That's fabulous Katy! My NSV today was making it to the top of a hill that I have NEVER been able to cycle up before. It's only short, but it's got everything I hate... a steady incline before the steep bit, gravel and ruts, a gate halfway up that you can cycle round, but it needs careful negotiation, then the steep bit itself which is *so* steep I actually feared I'd come off the bike backwards if I breaked near the top...! I hit the bottom thinking "what did I tell Katy? Just do it. Don't think about it. Just do it". And I did!
    I'm attributing it to my new padded cycling briefs!