Insanity 2021!

Options

Replies

• chocolate1902
    chocolate1902 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You will naturally put on muscle in this type of routine which weighs more. But, that said you have to track, and be very honest about it your calories in. Without a deficit you will never lose weight. However, you will firm up and feel better. When or if you get burnt out with this routine knock it down to a very simple push-ups sit ups and squats routine. Push-ups are absolutely amazing when done correctly and consistently. No matter what, your journey is going to be amazing and you’re going to accomplish your goal! So excited for you!
  • katylockett
    katylockett Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You will naturally put on muscle in this type of routine which weighs more. But, that said you have to track, and be very honest about it your calories in. Without a deficit you will never lose weight. However, you will firm up and feel better. When or if you get burnt out with this routine knock it down to a very simple push-ups sit ups and squats routine. Push-ups are absolutely amazing when done correctly and consistently. No matter what, your journey is going to be amazing and you’re going to accomplish your goal! So excited for you!

Aw thanks so much for your advice and encouragement @chocolate1902 I couldn't resist a nosy at the scales this morning (to much time on my rest day πŸ™ˆ). I have been 'playing the numbers game' and the majority of my days have been in a deficit AND.... I'm delighted to say I have lost 5lbs! πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ‘ I'm so pleased! And it's very encouraging so time to stick with it and consistency will win out! Brilliant start to the weekend! Have a great weekend!
  • katylockett
    Options
    Day 22 - Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs. Done πŸ’ͺ
    Oh jeez was not feeling like this at all today! This seems to be becoming a pattern 🀣 BUT... I pressed play and got on with it - it took about ten minutes, but I got the the right head space πŸ‘
    I always get to the frog jumps and I'm done, but I reckon it's a lot to do with all the other people stopping at that point too - so I'm going to test my theory on the next Pure Cardio and mute / not look at that point to see if I can push through πŸ˜•πŸ€£time will tell! Managed another few of those dreaded double leg lifts on the Abs routine too πŸ’ͺπŸ‘πŸ‘ I hope everyone has a good weekend!
  • DavWillTry
    DavWillTry Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    katylockett, I'm impressed with your discipline, hitting that 'play' button even when it is hard.

Your thread is very encouraging, thank you.
  • katylockett
    Options
    katylockett, I'm impressed with your discipline, hitting that 'play' button even when it is hard.

Your thread is very encouraging, thank you.

Thanks @DavWillTry your post is encouraging! I dont believe any of my excuses on 'those days' and I'm so glad I did my workout every time! Thanks again for your comment 😊
  • katylockett
    Options
    Day 23 - Cardio Power and Resistance. Done πŸ’ͺ
    I really like this circuit, it's the one I feel I'm improving on the most. I did more power jumps, push ups and even managed a few tricep dips (I stuck at these πŸ€£πŸ™ˆ).
    So pleased I'm on week four already 😱, time has flown!
  • katylockett
    Options
    Day 24 - Plyometric Circuit. Done πŸ’ͺ
    I managed all the first level one drills again as well as the other two rounds of push ups and floor sprints, BUT... I managed more ski abs and in & outs πŸ˜πŸ‘ I only have one more shot at this before my recovery week so I'm going for it next time - my arms & shoulders are my problem with these moves, they keep giving in 😬 I will hope for miracle arm strength on Thursday πŸ™πŸ€£ Happy Monday everyone, hope its a good one!
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Well done! Just a word of caution on the pushing yourself front - don't always go to failure. Sometimes less is more. :-)
  • katylockett
    Options
    Well done! Just a word of caution on the pushing yourself front - don't always go to failure. Sometimes less is more. :-)

Thanks @skinnyrev2b True enough, I can see myself feeling defeated on Thursday if I don't manage the full circuit πŸ€” I'm going to change my thinking on this - I'll do as many as I can manage with correct form (which will be loads more than when I started), which will change my thinking from defeated to buzzing 😁🀞πŸ’ͺ Thanks again this is really keeping me on track πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • katylockett
    Options
    Day 25 - Cardio Recovery. Done πŸ’ͺ
    I managed the full routine today, even the dreaded plie strenches πŸ˜πŸŽ‰ I really had to concentrate on my breathing but I got there πŸ‘πŸ‘ Very pleased!
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    Nice one!
  • katylockett
    Options
    Nice one!

Thanks @skinnyrev2b πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸ‘
  • katylockett
    Options
    Day 26 - Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs. Done πŸ’ͺ
    Well my theory was correct πŸ˜±πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŽ‰ I muted the sound from the start of frog jumps and I was able to push through until about the third suicide jump (burpee) 😁πŸ’ͺ very pleased! Cardio Abs are still a work in progress πŸ€£πŸ™ˆ those C sits 😳😬 Glad to have got my workout done early πŸ˜… 😊
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    That's very cool Katy! It just goes to show how sheep-like we can be without realising it. Its so cool that you a)identified that might be what's going on and b) found a solution to it. B)
  • katylockett
    Options
    That's very cool Katy! It just goes to show how sheep-like we can be without realising it. Its so cool that you a)identified that might be what's going on and b) found a solution to it. B)

I know right πŸ‘ I just found is so suspicious that I was burning out at the same time, every time πŸ€” Of course now I know this, I have to push past each time now 🀣😳
  • katylockett
    Options
    Day 27 - Plyometric Circuit. Month one done 😱πŸ’ͺπŸŽ‰πŸ˜πŸ‘
    Wow can't believe month one is done, it was a quick month! I definitely did more of the dreaded level one drills πŸ˜¬πŸ˜… and really dug deep! Interested to see what the recovery week routine is and scared to find out what the month two routines are 🀣
    I feel so much fitter and really happy I took on this challenge! Defo won't be able to resist stepping on the scales tomorrow as I'm already wondering - I'm going to take my measurements again too🀞time will tell 😬
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    Well done you! That's so awesome that you're a) sticking with it and b) sticking with the accountability. You go girl!
  • katylockett
    Options
    Well done you! That's so awesome that you're a) sticking with it and b) sticking with the accountability. You go girl!

Thanks @skinnyrev2b feeling fab! πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • katylockett
    Options
    Day 28 - rest day πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ‘ I couldn't help myself but have a sneaky peak at the scales πŸ™„..... Weight maintained πŸ™„ which although I should be happy with that, I couldn't help feeling disappointed as I feel like I've lost so much BUT THEN...... I took my measurements and to say that turned it around would be an understatement!
    Arms: Lost 1/2" on both πŸ‘πŸ‘
    Chest: Same. All those blooming push ups 🀣πŸ’ͺ
    Waist: Lost 8.5" 😱😳 I checked this like three times! Amazing!
    Hips: Lost 6.5" πŸ™ˆπŸ™Š again triple checked 😱
    Thighs: Lost 2" on both πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ‘

Thanks so much for the suggestion of taking my measurements @skinnyrev2b this has turned my day around, buzzing! Have a great Friday everyone 😊
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    Bl00dy h3ll girl! That's awesome!