Insanity 2021!

Options

Replies

• katylockett
    katylockett Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Bl00dy h3ll girl! That's awesome!

I know right! πŸ€£πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ‘ So chuffed!!
  • katylockett
    Options
    Day 29 - 1st day of Core Cardio and Balance. Done πŸ’ͺ
    🀣 Ahh those level one drills!! I managed the set though after focusing on this in month one πŸ‘
    Ooft those hip flexer and shoulder burnersπŸ”₯I'm looking forward to getting stronger and better at these.
    1st day of recovery week done 😁 Have a great Saturday!
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Sooooo.... is it a rest day today? (Not stalking, honest! But I check 2 threads here regularly, this being one of them :smile: )
  • katylockett
    Options
    Sooooo.... is it a rest day today? (Not stalking, honest! But I check 2 threads here regularly, this being one of them :smile: )

πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ Yes! I just came on to post. Thanks for checking in πŸ‘πŸ˜Š
  • katylockett
    Options
    Day 30 - should of been a Core Cardio and Balance day, but not been feeling well (I was hoping I'd be good this afternoon to get it done but nope πŸ˜€πŸ™„). Not to worry, tomorrow is another day and fingers crossed I'll be jumping about the living room again! I'll be having a 'do over' on day 30 if that's the case! Oh I'm trying to be kind to myself, but can't help feeling peeved at missing a day 😠
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    Life happens! Learning how to respond to it in a way that is kind to yourself and others is part of the game! Good for you for pressing 'pause'.
    X
  • katylockett
    Options
    Life happens! Learning how to respond to it in a way that is kind to yourself and others is part of the game! Good for you for pressing 'pause'.
    X

Thanks @skinnyrev2b I definitely needed the day πŸ₯΄ I'm very much a work in progress in the old beating ones self up department 🀣 logically I know it, but it's tough to believe it - it's frustrating 🀣 Anywho back on it today, feel loads better πŸ‘ day 30 do over post up next. I hope you are good and happy Monday! 😊
  • katylockett
    Options
    Day 30 (do over) - 2nd day of Core Cardio and Balance. Done πŸ’ͺ
    Managed the level one drills again, yas! The hip flexer and shoulder burnersπŸ”₯are still a work in progress. Glad to be feeling better today to continue - it took a kick up the butt to not listen to my fake excuses this morning (are you sure you're feeling 100% - argh yes shut it!) 🀣 it's tough to not listen to the sabotage voice huh! Anyway feeling loads better than yesterday and delighted to be back to the insanity schedule. Happy Monday everyone!
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    Ha ha! Well done you for discerning the different voices our minds speak to us in! I'm still a work in progress in that respect too, but I read on here a really insightful take on that - speak to yourself as if you were a really trusted, wise, lifelong friend. Or as if you were speaking to that friend.
    Would a friend say 'oooo, nooo, I think you're too weak today to do this. Rest another day or 5 (if they thought you were really faking it, not if they looked at you and thought you were at deaths door!) Or would they say: "press play - if you die, can I get your cd collection?!"
  • katylockett
    Options
    Ha ha! Well done you for discerning the different voices our minds speak to us in! I'm still a work in progress in that respect too, but I read on here a really insightful take on that - speak to yourself as if you were a really trusted, wise, lifelong friend. Or as if you were speaking to that friend.
    Would a friend say 'oooo, nooo, I think you're too weak today to do this. Rest another day or 5 (if they thought you were really faking it, not if they looked at you and thought you were at deaths door!) Or would they say: "press play - if you die, can I get your cd collection?!"

πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ I love this! I'm totally going to remember and use the what would the friend say to you and vice versa πŸ‘πŸ‘ thanks @skinnyrev2b super helpful advice! LOL 'if you die can I get your CD collection' I have a couple of friends who would actually say this πŸ€£πŸ˜‚!
  • katylockett
    Options
    Day 31 - Core Cardio and Balance. Done πŸ’ͺ
    Breakthrough on the hip flexer moves 😁 πŸŽ‰ I managed all the lifts AND the pulses on both legs 🎊 I noticed the woman in the red top at the back of the class was dropping her leg a little lower on the pulses so I thought I'll follow her and it worked! I got to 52 seconds on the arm circles before it got me πŸ”₯ I'm keeping a note of this time now though to try and push past it tomorrow. Successful workout πŸ’ͺ😊
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    Nice one Katy! That's really good gains :-)
  • katylockett
    Options
    Day 32 - Core Cardio and Balance. Done πŸ’ͺ
    I managed all the lifts and the pulses on both legs again today 😁 AND I got to 33 seconds on the arm circles before it got me πŸ”₯(from 52 yesterday πŸ‘πŸ‘). Another successful workout!
  • katylockett
    Options
    Day 33 - Core Cardio and Balance. Done πŸ’ͺ
    Major break though this morning πŸ˜πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸ‘ I managed all the lifts & pulses on both legs again AND all the extensions on my left left - I have no idea what came over me but I did it 🀣😱 AND I did the whole arm section, omg my arms just about fell off but I did it πŸ‘πŸ‘ I'm amazed at the progress this week. One more of these Core Cardio and Balance routines then I'm onto Max 😱😬 I'm scared!
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    Don't be scared! You're obviously progressing at the rate the BB program assumes you will - so Max will seem hard to begin with, then as you grow stronger and more adapted to the program you'll be able to crush it as you have this level!
    What would be REALLY interesting is how you find level one should you choose to do it over again... ;)
  • katylockett
    Options
    Don't be scared! You're obviously progressing at the rate the BB program assumes you will - so Max will seem hard to begin with, then as you grow stronger and more adapted to the program you'll be able to crush it as you have this level!
    What would be REALLY interesting is how you find level one should you choose to do it over again... ;)

Totally! I'd be lying if I said that hadn't crossed my mind πŸ€”πŸ˜‚ Watch this space!
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    Ha ha! Having to take a leaf out of your book btw. I'm following a daily yoga program that just keeps kicking my *kitten*. Today's was.. yup, can do that, yep -eassssieee. Nope. Nope. NO WAY IN HELL CAN I GET IN THAT POSITION! Are you kidding me right now???!!!
    Doesn't help that his model for today's poses is a fellow yoga teacher, so of course she know a) what's coming and b) how to contort her body into those positions. I'm still trying to work out what he said when she's already moving on to the next one!
    250 calories burned in what's meant to be beginners yoga...
    However - I WILL persevere. I WILL press play tomorrow and I WILL start all over again until I can get all the poses closer to the person on the screen ;)
  • katylockett
    Options
    Ha ha! Having to take a leaf out of your book btw. I'm following a daily yoga program that just keeps kicking my *kitten*. Today's was.. yup, can do that, yep -eassssieee. Nope. Nope. NO WAY IN HELL CAN I GET IN THAT POSITION! Are you kidding me right now???!!!
    Doesn't help that his model for today's poses is a fellow yoga teacher, so of course she know a) what's coming and b) how to contort her body into those positions. I'm still trying to work out what he said when she's already moving on to the next one!
    250 calories burned in what's meant to be beginners yoga...
    However - I WILL persevere. I WILL press play tomorrow and I WILL start all over again until I can get all the poses closer to the person on the screen ;)

Haha nice one! πŸ‘πŸ‘ Well done on the decision to press play, it makes so much of the difference and I still get amazed at how the progress just happens 🀣 Good on ya, you'll be hitting those poses before you know it! 😊
  • katylockett
    Options
    Day 34 - Core Cardio and Balance. Done πŸ’ͺ
    I DID IT!! πŸ˜πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ I managed the FULL routine, full leg sets and full arm sets πŸ”₯πŸ’₯πŸ’ͺ😁 Very chuffed as this was my last Core Cardio and Balance routine. I was thinking I'd crack on with the start of month two tomorrow and skip my rest day, but my triceps and legs feel pretty tired, so I'll save that decision for tomorrow morning. Ah buzzing, great start to Friday! Have a great day!
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    Whoop whoop!
    You rock! B)
    You do you, regarding rest days, but if I were in your shoes I'd take it. Just so that I was good and fresh for the final push. :)