Insanity 2021!

1789101113ยป

Replies

• katylockett
    katylockett Posts: 164 Member
    That's fabulous Katy! My NSV today was making it to the top of a hill that I have NEVER been able to cycle up before. It's only short, but it's got everything I hate... a steady incline before the steep bit, gravel and ruts, a gate halfway up that you can cycle round, but it needs careful negotiation, then the steep bit itself which is *so* steep I actually feared I'd come off the bike backwards if I breaked near the top...! I hit the bottom thinking "what did I tell Katy? Just do it. Don't think about it. Just do it". And I did!
    I'm attributing it to my new padded cycling briefs!

That's awesome!! Congrats on conquering that hill ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽŠ I bet you felt amazing at the top ๐Ÿ’ช great work!
  • katylockett
    Day 9: Plyometric Circuit. Done ๐Ÿ’ช
    I felt amazingly energetic today and really went for it! I even managed the first four FULL push ups ๐Ÿคฃ on level one drills ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ I'm so delighted the hard work is paying off! I felt I managed more ski and 'in and out abs' too - I'm targeting these next, I might start filming my workouts to measure my progress better as I find my self thinking more now 'I'm sure I did more than the last time' but not knowing for sure, filming the workouts would let me track this more accurately ๐Ÿค”
    I hope everyone is having a great Wednesday - I'm thinking about the weekend already ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Nice one Katy! 4 pushups is amazing!
    I tried... it may have been a solitary shaky 1 pushup? Maybe? Rest were negs, but definitely improvements, so thanks again for the tip!
    (And yeah, there was a little cry of jubilation at the top of the hill yesterday! And one when I got home!)
  • katylockett
    Nice one Katy! 4 pushups is amazing!
    I tried... it may have been a solitary shaky 1 pushup? Maybe? Rest were negs, but definitely improvements, so thanks again for the tip!
    (And yeah, there was a little cry of jubilation at the top of the hill yesterday! And one when I got home!)

Yay!! Congrats on the one ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽŠ a victory is a victory ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ and your one will be built on now ๐Ÿ’ช
    Aw I can imagine, I love those 'Rocky' moments, that's fab!
  • katylockett
    Day 10: Cardio Recovery. Done ๐Ÿ’ช
    I'm really making the most of this recovery set - when I think to what the month two one is like ๐Ÿ˜ณ This is a piece of cake. Managed everything again without breaking a sweat ๐Ÿ˜ฑ I feel like I'm cheating on a month one recovery day now ๐Ÿคฃ like I say, I'll make the most of it, I know what I'm in for!
    I hope everyone has had a nice day ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • katylockett
    Day 11: Oh gosh I need a do over today - I've never managed to get anything completed, I've really been struggling this week with the clock change and it's totally thrown my routine ๐Ÿ˜– it's really bugging me ๐Ÿ˜ฉ Does this happen to anyone else? ? Reset is on the cards, I need to rejig things for moving forward. Tomorrow will be day 11 now and I will be getting my sh#t together, honestly ๐Ÿ™„, I feel silly at something like a clock change throwing me so much, I'm a mess this week. Tomorrow is a fresh start (fueling right tonight), I've got this!
  • katylockett
    Day 11 (again!): Cardio Power and Resistance. I'm back ๐Ÿ’ช
    I fueled right yesterday, got a great sleep last night and I smashed it ๐Ÿ’ฅ
    This is my favourite workout, I get so amped when shaun shouts 'come on y'all, let's go!!!' I love the hurdle jumps ๐Ÿคฃ
    It really took a kick up the butt to get going, but once I started I went for it and I'm a suitable mess ๐Ÿ˜… Great workout!
    I hope everyone is having a great weekend ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • skinnyrev2b
    Fantastic! I was going to reply yesterday that you might want to take a rest day just to reset, but it sounds like you've got this!
    I did a Resistance band WO which totally kicked butt this morning. I needed your sweat catchers! Bands and HITT cardio. Boom!
  • katylockett
    Fantastic! I was going to reply yesterday that you might want to take a rest day just to reset, but it sounds like you've got this!
    I did a Resistance band WO which totally kicked butt this morning. I needed your sweat catchers! Bands and HITT cardio. Boom!

Thanks @skinnyrev2b I seem to be back on track ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ I'm going to get super organised for the week today and I've bit the bullet by giving myself a long weekend off work next weekend - definitely over due!
    Nice one!! ๐Ÿ’ฅBoom indeed, bands and HITT ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ‘ I heard another good tip the other day - if you don't have sweat catchers ๐Ÿคฃ you can use a line of vaseline above the brows to divert it from going in your eyes ๐Ÿ™ˆ I haven't tried it as I'm all set with my new bands but a good tip I thought ๐Ÿค”
    Have a great Sunday ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • katylockett
    Day 12: Cardio Abs and Pure Cardio. Done ๐Ÿ’ช
    I stuck with doing Cardio Abs first (my form is always better doing it this way around) and I managed everything ๐Ÿ˜ฑ except the double leg lifts ๐Ÿ’ช๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽ‰ I'm really pleased with the progress on this workout - my sights are now set on conquering those double leg lifts ๐Ÿ‘€
    Pure Cardio was tough, I didn't feel as energetic as I usually do, but I'm not beating myself up, I think I'm getting a bit burnt out with the amount I'm doing at the moment. I gave it my all and took rests when I needed. I have no doubt I'll be back to full power soon enough!
    I hope everyone is having a great weekend ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • katylockett
    Day 13: Rest day / keep thinking about the fitness numbers I should hit tomorrow ๐Ÿ˜ณ
    Oh gosh tomorrow will be interesting, I have high numbers to get too and my performance of late is psyching me out! My plan is to listen to some motivating bad a#s music while I get ready and that will get my head in the game. Its going to take some grit ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
  • skinnyrev2b
    You've got grit aplenty but... you won't always be able to get a PB. Just look at competing athletes. Sometimes you've got to pat yourself on the back for just showing up! Keep up the hard work. Keep up the r n r, keep up the food and water and all good things will come

(And all the other motivational bullcrap! Now get out there and smash it!!!!)
  • katylockett
    Morning! So sorry for dissappearing from posting, I've dealing with a very poorly pup ๐Ÿ˜ž My old boy has been deterating rapidly these past couple of weeks, he has degenerative spine disease and his new meds schedule need an alarm set for through the night - it's all left me having to shelf a lot just now. I obviously want to spend as much time as I can with him, so jumping around the living room is being put off for the moment - I tried to change it up with work to fit everything in but it's proved so difficult. I will definitely be back to it, but for now I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. I hope this doesn't discourage / demotivate anyone, just signing off for now, I will be back! I hope everyone is doing well with their progress ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • skinnyrev2b
    Aw! Was thinking of you just this morning wondering how you were getting on - but then MFP told me you'd hit your century logging, so knew you were still signing in. As a dog-mum myself, I feel your pain. I did the same for my older pup. They give us so much, we do what we can for them when they need us. However, remember that you do need to keep yourself healthy in what ever way is available to you at the moment.
    This thread/these forums are here for you when you are able to come back. In the meantime, good luck and fuss the pup from me and a slobbery lick from Rolo the Rectory's Rotweiller...
  • katylockett
    Aw! Was thinking of you just this morning wondering how you were getting on - but then MFP told me you'd hit your century logging, so knew you were still signing in. As a dog-mum myself, I feel your pain. I did the same for my older pup. They give us so much, we do what we can for them when they need us. However, remember that you do need to keep yourself healthy in what ever way is available to you at the moment.
    This thread/these forums are here for you when you are able to come back. In the meantime, good luck and fuss the pup from me and a slobbery lick from Rolo the Rectory's Rotweiller...

Thanks @skinnyrev2b Thankfully I didn't lose my accumulated days by quick log in & out each day. I have been getting my steps in, but anything over and above has proved near on impossible. Cap (my old boy) is not doing much better, so lots of cuddles just now. Aw I'll pass on Rollo's greetings ๐Ÿถ