20 pounds to lose challenge April 1-July 31

Replies

• shnerb00
    shnerb00 Posts: 269 Member
    kwgrandma wrote: »
    I’m curious about how each of us set weight loss goals . . .

Do you set an an ultimate goal?
    Do you break down your goal into intermediate goals?
    Do you set dates for your goals?

I don’t set dates. I do set both
    Intermediate and ultimate goals. Reaching intermediate goals is VERY motivating for me. It’s a huge reminder that my efforts are working. I find I need that reminder as time passes on this weight loss journey. It seems the closer to goal, the more difficult it is. So breaking down the next 20 pounds into 4 5 pound goals is what works for me.

So, how do you go about your goals?

Good questions!

Do you set an an ultimate goal? Yes. I need to know where I’m going so I can make a plan on how to get there! “Keep the end in mind”—Steven Covey. I once tried just focusing on shorter term goals and, for me, I didn’t get any sense of urgency to actually work at it.

Do you break down your goal into intermediate goals?
    No, not weight goals. But I do set activity goals for each day. Drink water, log food, stay under calorie budget, exercise.

Do you set dates for your goals? No but I am aware of what I might weigh on certain dates if I were to continue sticking with my daily goals and losing 1 lb/week. I find that exciting and motivating. Sort of the way MFP predicts your weight in 5 weeks if you had similar days.

I recently discovered a free weight tracking app that tracks and predicts all these things long term, short term and it makes very pretty graphs (if that’s something that helps you) it’s called Happy Scale. I have an iPhone, not sure if it is available for Android.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,258 Member
    I'm in! My goal is 10 pounds by July 31st. I workout w/a trainer and walk.

Highest weight ever: 192.2
    Starting weight: 141.8
    Goal weight: 131.8

I weigh in on Mondays.

04/01 - 141.8 at 8:15 a.m. ...4.41 miles in 80 mins
    04/05 - 143.2 at 7:30 a.m. ...60 min workout w/trainer
    04/12 - 145.4 at 5:30 a.m. ...60 min workout w/trainer
    04/19 - 146.4 at 5:30 a.m. ...rest day...2 doctor appts :#
    04/26 - 146.4 at 5:30 a.m. ...60 min workout w/trainer
    04/30 -

Chris
  • RunDMC2021
    RunDMC2021 Posts: 137 Member
    @frankbrown
    Congrats for reaching that 72 Milestone!!
    Inspiring.