Less Alcohol - APRIL 2021 - One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn - Congratulations on 25 years together!!! These milestones are to be celebrated and a dungeness crab sounds like a special occasion all in itself!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,609 Member
    Options
    Checking in. I'm not in a good place mentally, and posting about how much I've been drinking is going to feel a lot more like kicking myself when I'm down than motivation to do better.

I've been using birth control as an antidepressant since I was 16. Classic anti-depressants weren't great. Went on BC for acne and suddenly felt a million times better, so I stopped the anti-depressants and have just used BC since then. I usually get a little down during the 4 days where I'm taking the non-hormone pills in the pack, but I bounce back when I start the next pack. That didn't happen this month. I want to cry all the time. I'm having a lot of suicidal thoughts that I feel disconnected from but that are very disturbing. I'm supposed to see my ob-gyn later this month so I'm trying to hang in there until that appointment, but I suspect he'll refer me to a psychiatrist, so this could drag on a while.

I'm going to try to count calories, I'm going to try to not drink, I'm going to try to go for walks, but I'm going to accept that there will be more days than usual where I just curl up in a ball on the couch until this is sorted out.

Oh honey, I’m so sorry to hear you are struggling. Depression is a terrible thing to go through- the crying all day, the lethargy, the feeling like you’re in a pit you cannot get out of. But there is help- sounds like your BC was working well until it didn’t. It may just be a simple hormonal Imbalance that can be rectified with another medicine either to replace the BC or be taken in conjunction.

I’d recommend calling the office, telling them what’s going on, and either talking with the doctor or nurse practitioner right away. You don’t want to wait if you’re having suicidal thoughts!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,585 Member
    Options
    Hi : - )

I joined this thread November 2018. I was a daily drinker at that point.
    I am drinking less chiefly to lose weight.
    My goals now are the same as they have been since January 2020, kind of my sweet spot.
    16-20 AF days per month
    NO drinking 2 days in a row
    Keep 2 AF days in between drinks days.
    3 is my max or I throw up.

Here goes my diary style:

Friday April 2nd - AF - tomorrow will be too so as to get my 2AF in a row.
    Saturday April 3rd - AF - just trying to stay consistent with my goals.
    Sunday April 4th - Drinks. April showers bring May flowers and all of that. The trails were just...wet. I worked out indoors, got a bunch of little stuff done around the house, then had a few drinks several hours ago followed by water.
    Monday April 5th - AF - easy one to do, busy early workday tomorrow.
    Tuesday April 6th - AF - I got hired for 2 jobs today that I had previously interviewed for. I turned down the one, and I start training on the one that I did pick tomorrow, so AF tonight for sure. It will be a fun job at an East Indian restaurant where I will become a server once the lockdown is lifted. I will learn the ropes and take phone calls for take-out and things like that until then. Less than half of the money of the other job prospects that I had a few weeks ago, but I think that it will be great and it will supplement my other jobs well financially. Good thing that it will be an active job because I love Indian food a little too much : - )
    Wednesday April 7th - AF - Really really wanted to have a few drinks, but I have a video interview in the morning, a busy day with one of my jobs, and then possibly another training shift at the restaurant in the evening. Planned drinks for tomorrow night.
    Thursday April 8th - 2 drinks, didn't even attempt 3. Nice warm feeling, it was a few hours ago. I will be AF for at least 2 now to follow.
    Friday April 9th - AF - I find that I always want drinks the day after having drinks. I don't want to do that though.
    Saturday April 10 - AF - I have another training shift tomorrow, plus I wanted my 2AF days in a row.
    Sunday April 11 - AF -
    Monday April 12 - AF - Not sure where my Sunday post went. I was on day 3 of 6 in a row training shifts tonight - I am not having drinks out of my desire to be sharp and absorb what I am learning. Planned drinks for Thursday night or Friday.
    Tuesday April 13 - AF - Very long day at a few different jobs. A couple of drinks would have been nice, but I am too busy right now to risk potentially not being at my best.
    Wednesday April 14 - AF - Ditto to yesterday, and tomorrow will be the same.

Rolling total: 11 AF days out of 14 days
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    That sounds really fun, @lmlmrn! Safe travels to you guys.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @lmlmrn
    Happy Anniversary!!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @chocolate_owl
    Hoping to see you check in with us soon.