Less Alcohol - APRIL 2021 - One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,556 Member
    Options
    @Womona
    Oh yes, I do remember that irregular time as things began to change away from a regular cycle.
    I sure didn't like it.
    Big hugs.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    @Lilylady3k
    Wonderful photos! Thank you for posting those. What a wonderful celebration you put together.

$1400 of wine is a lot! But maybe not at the inflated prices of a restaurant, over what you would pay in a wine store.
    You won't need to buy wine for a long time : - )

$ don't go far at downtown restaurants :) I think we got ~15 bottles.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    @Lilylady3k
    Wonderful photos! Thank you for posting those. What a wonderful celebration you put together.

$1400 of wine is a lot! But maybe not at the inflated prices of a restaurant, over what you would pay in a wine store.
    You won't need to buy wine for a long time : - )

$ don't go far at downtown restaurants :) I think we got ~15 bottles.

Really good ones.

What are your favourites? I became wine intolerant about 14 months ago. I used to manage Fine Dining Restuarants, provide wine tatstings to corporate groups in a Resort setting, create wine lists etc. I was never that big of a wine drinker as far as volume goes. I kind of miss it, but after experimenting 4 times - once with 3 ounces only, I was sick. My favourite of all time is the Pinot Noir from Amity in Oregon. We can't get it where I live now in BC weirdly enough, because we got it all of the way to Toronto. We have some sort of distribution system. We have a big wine region a couple of Valleys over, the Okanagan. The best that you can get from there never gets sold in stores because they don't produce much, called Burrowing Owl. I used to stock it Up in Panorama BC, the chef would bring back cases of it with him for me. I also brought in Mersault, Montrechet and all sorts of very nice wines. I favoured the reds grown in volcanic ash.

I really hope that you took some photos of that food from the weekend!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Hi : - )

I joined this thread November 2018. I was a daily drinker at that point.
    I am drinking less chiefly to lose weight.
    My goals now are the same as they have been since January 2020, kind of my sweet spot.
    16-20 AF days per month
    NO drinking 2 days in a row
    Keep 2 AF days in between drinks days.
    3 is my max or I throw up.

Here goes my diary style:

Wow 6 AF days in a row, a new record for me.
    Friday April 16th - Drinks. I finished work at 12:30 today and have tomorrow off. Beautiful weather here, 21C (googling) 70F. I played in my yard for 3 1/2 hours then went for my wonderful pedicure. I had the bottom of a bottle of Strawberry Margarita in the fridge for about 4 years, I put a fancy glass in the freezer and when I came back from my pedicure poured it and went into the sun. About 1/2 of a drink, delicious. Scheduled cheat day, Ribs, which I only have once per month now, and a couple of more drinks in the offing. It has been a hectic week, and I felt so wonderful today going into my first full day off in 2 weeks tomorrow. I work Sunday morning at the restaurant. Good night to have drinks for me. No regrets. Feeling relaxed and happy.
    Saturday April 17th - AF and I will be until Thursday since I am opening the restaurant each day until then (on top of my other jobs) and will be alone for my 4 hour shifts. I need to not feel any after effects of alcohol for that. Today was my first full day off in 2 weeks, so great. Played more in the yard, it was 72 degrees. I am going to try to find an hour each day to start turning my potato garden over one shovelful at a time so that I can get it planted.
    Sunday April 18th - AF - It was sunny and blue when I went to work, raining when I came out, and then by the time that I got home...snowing!! A glass of Brandy would have been nice looking out the window at it, but I didn't.

Rolling total: 13 AF days out of 18 days
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Lovely pictures @Lilylady3k ! Glad it went well too....:)

AF yesterday and same goes for today.....got in my workouts but still haven't gotten to the yoga. Just dragging from spring allergies I suppose.

I wonder if I too have developed wine intolerance @dawnbgethealthy. My past 2 wine drinking events did not go well. I seem to start coughing and clearing my throat shortly after drinking. The next day I have stuffy sinuses and my ears feel congested. My face and eyes get puffy.

They say there's something like 70+ additives that can legally be in wine not to mention pesticides so I no clue what it really is that is affecting me. Bourbon will do the same thing.

Happy Monday....yes it's the perfect day to plan out an amazing week and focus on doing good things for ourselves and for our happiness :)
  • ducky133
    ducky133 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy congrats on 6 days, that must feel awesome. @globalhiker i read something about red wine and darker spirits like bourbon causing more side effects than white wine and clear spirits. Can’t remember the source.