Less Alcohol - APRIL 2021 - One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,554 Member
    Options
    Hi : - )

I joined this thread November 2018. I was a daily drinker at that point.
    I am drinking less chiefly to lose weight.
    My goals now are the same as they have been since January 2020, kind of my sweet spot.
    16-20 AF days per month
    NO drinking 2 days in a row
    Keep 2 AF days in between drinks days.
    3 is my max or I throw up.

Here goes my diary style:

Friday April 2nd - AF - tomorrow will be too so as to get my 2AF in a row.
    Saturday April 3rd - AF - just trying to stay consistent with my goals.
    Sunday April 4th - Drinks. April showers bring May flowers and all of that. The trails were just...wet. I worked out indoors, got a bunch of little stuff done around the house, then had a few drinks several hours ago followed by water.
    Monday April 5th - AF - easy one to do, busy early workday tomorrow.
    Tuesday April 6th - AF - I got hired for 2 jobs today that I had previously interviewed for. I turned down the one, and I start training on the one that I did pick tomorrow, so AF tonight for sure. It will be a fun job at an East Indian restaurant where I will become a server once the lockdown is lifted. I will learn the ropes and take phone calls for take-out and things like that until then. Less than half of the money of the other job prospects that I had a few weeks ago, but I think that it will be great and it will supplement my other jobs well financially. Good thing that it will be an active job because I love Indian food a little too much : - )
    Wednesday April 7th - AF - Really really wanted to have a few drinks, but I have a video interview in the morning, a busy day with one of my jobs, and then possibly another training shift at the restaurant in the evening. Planned drinks for tomorrow night.
    Thursday April 8th - 2 drinks, didn't even attempt 3. Nice warm feeling, it was a few hours ago. I will be AF for at least 2 now to follow.
    Friday April 9th - AF - I find that I always want drinks the day after having drinks. I don't want to do that though.
    Saturday April 10 - AF - I have another training shift tomorrow, plus I wanted my 2AF days in a row.
    Sunday April 11 - AF -
    Monday April 12 - AF - Not sure where my Sunday post went. I was on day 3 of 6 in a row training shifts tonight - I am not having drinks out of my desire to be sharp and absorb what I am learning. Planned drinks for Thursday night or Friday.
    Tuesday April 13 - AF - Very long day at a few different jobs. A couple of drinks would have been nice, but I am too busy right now to risk potentially not being at my best.
    Wednesday April 14 - AF - Ditto to yesterday, and tomorrow will be the same work schedule.
    Thursday April 15th - 2 drinks, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Another very long day working for several different companies plus the restaurant. I only have one 4-5 hour job booked for tomorrow (Foster Grant) and then...a pedicure : - ) Saturday off, where I hope to get started on my potato garden which usually takes me about 3 full 8 hour days to get turned over shovel by shovel and then planted. I think that I might break my own rule for myself and have a couple of drinks tomorrow after my pedicure. I start working alone at the restaurant starting day shift Sunday - Thursday (I will have to do my other jobs before and after), so no drinks Saturday night until Thursday of next week. Wow, 6 AF days in a row, a new record for me.
    Friday April 16th - Drinks. I finished work at 12:30 today and have tomorrow off. Beautiful weather here, 21C (googling) 70F. I played in my yard for 3 1/2 hours then went for my wonderful pedicure. I had the bottom of a bottle of Strawberry Margarita in the fridge for about 4 years, I put a fancy glass in the freezer and when I came back from my pedicure poured it and went into the sun. About 1/2 of a drink, delicious. Scheduled cheat day, Ribs, which I only have once per month now, and a couple of more drinks in the offing. It has been a hectic week, and I felt so wonderful today going into my first full day off in 2 weeks tomorrow. I work Sunday morning at the restaurant. Good night to have drinks for me. No regrets. Feeling relaxed and happy.

Rolling total: 11 AF days out of 16 days
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy You enjoy tonight!! what a wonderful afternoon and evening you are having

Still considering a drink or two tomorrow evening at the hotel.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Options
    @Womona I feel for you with dealing with the change of life. It can be rocky and the unpredictable as to: am I finished, how long does this last? Because everyone is different. No rules, as my gyno told me. I even had my blood tested to see how far along I was in getting through the menopause stage. I am a need to know person. And no solid answered drove me nuts.
    Lots of hugs your way today.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Options
    @ducky133 CONGRATS on your first two days of AF since the pandemic. Not only that but consecutive days to boot.
    Hope your dogs tummy troubles have subsided.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,554 Member
    Options
    @Lilylady3k
    Wonderful photos! Thank you for posting those. What a wonderful celebration you put together.

$1400 of wine is a lot! But maybe not at the inflated prices of a restaurant, over what you would pay in a wine store.
    You won't need to buy wine for a long time : - )