• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Thunder Storms in GA

Carol
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Terri: Peas and quiet is an excellent start for the day OR a lovely dinner.😎
  • Katla49
    Options
    Peach: Hopefully the thunder storms are noisy but not damaging to homes or property. ❤️
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    Lagopus wrote: »
    Debbie - That was a truly inspiring video about your parents' backyard farm! I'd love to achieve something similar at our island place, though I doubt it would be possible so far north. I can also see why it would be painful for you to watch it right now. (((Hugs))) :heartbreak::heart: :heartbreak:

Husband drove out to check the condition of the road yesterday. He came back an hour later and reported that it was about half ice, half mud. Before dinner he changed two of the studded tires to summer tires. On our fortnightly family Zoom call, my youngest sister said that sounded about right: if the road is half summer half winter, you should change half of the tires. :lol: He will be changing the other two this morning before we head back to town.

In order to fly to Svalbard, one must have a negative Covid-19 test less than 24 hours old. We'll get those this evening. These are the rapid tests that use nasopharyngeal swabs - the kind where they stick a little bottlebrush up through your nostril and down into the back of your throat, twist it around a few times and count to ten v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y before pulling it out again. Invasive? You bet! I don't find the testing too terrible, but my husband's nasal anatomy is apparently completely different. He always tears up and has to sneeze repeatedly after what calls a nasopharyngeal gouge.

The sun is shining from a clear blue sky and there's no wind. Maybe I'll head out for a jog. Here's the road I jog on, seen from the mountain west of us. Obviously this picture was taken at another time of year. :lol:
    xcdu733xrgxv.jpg

/Penny, preparing to head back to the
    t07190.gif

Thank you!! They really have been inspiring all my life- it was a lot of hard work for all of us but wouldn't change a thing. I had always hoped to raise my son up there- that didn't happen but thankful that we can go up and spend time up there. So many great memories of all the family- grandparents, aunts,uncles,cousins, church friends all sitting around shucking corn or plucking chicken(I HATED that!!- so thankful for those older ladies from church who enjoyed helping with that and were so quick)- It really was a great way to grow up. We were poor but I didn't even realize it until I was in junior high. Mom made all of our clothes but I just assumed all moms did that. The town was very small back then- we only had 10 kids in our 5th grade class. The great thing about that is we are still friends with most of them or have contact with them at least.
    I am very happy that the video exists and I will watch it again, just not quite yet.
    Love your picture- such a beautiful view.

Debbie
    Napa Valley, CA
  • Peach1948
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Debbie: So glad that you all so many fond memories of your childhood!

Allie: I agree with Heather's advice to you about letting the lawyer handle what's going on with Tom. You probably shouldn't be speaking/writing to him about the situation. I know that must be terribly hard to do, but, I don't think it will do anything but create bad feelings all around. My mom and dad got divorced after 37 yrs of marriage and 5 children. He had always physically abused her but when he openly ran around with an employee, that was the end. Funny thing was that in the end she sat by his hospital bedside at night (she was an RN) and ended up changing her name back to his when he passed and was buried beside him.

Tornado warnings here until 4 PM and then more of the same tomorrow! A tornado touched down in South Atlanta.

Carol in GA.

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did Pilates Yoga Cardio Fusion DVD then went for a walk around the neighborhood. Work tomorrow so no formal exercise.

Rebecca – don’t even THINK of sending me something. I’m just happy someone can use them

Allie – listen to Barbara. Definitely have your lawyer present. Don’t think about the expense. In the long run, you will definitely come out ahead. I bet you’re afraid that he’ll take the dogs away from you. Tom is just mean enough to do something like that. He’s also selfish. I bet any amount of money he hasn’t made any arrangement in his will to have them taken care of should he suddenly pass away. You might want to consider a “custody” agreement since he now wants to alter the divorce agreement. You can alter it, too. Don’t give in but get something added. Remember...tigers don’t change their stripes. Barbie is very wise. LISTEN TO KATLA….SHOW YOUR ATTORNEY!!!! Oh, I see you have already. Good for you!

Terri – I know that I’ve sometimes hit “preview post” when I thought I’d pressed “post”. I know how frustrating that can be. I’m sorry it happened to you

Making oatmeal raisin cookies to send to Colby.

Washed our bedroom blanket. Now it’s not allowed to get cold!!!!!

Cut the grass (weeds) then strung some more popcorn. Got my dinner ready, now to get Vince’s ready. Have most of the puzzle done, now just the sky

Michele NC

Mentally sending you hugs and appreciation then friend, all wrapped up in expensive papers.👍💕🌼🍀💚💐🌹💖💖
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    Husband bought me Milk of Magnesia today, as I haven't got my plumbing to operate since my colonoscopy. This is day four. I can hear my mother asking, "Have you gone today? When was the last time you went"? She seemed to have an unnatural need to know our bowel schedules. Even when we were in high school she'd ask. Lol! Our normal response was "Mommmm".
    💖Rebecca
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Happy May!! Thanks, Barbie for keeping us going.

I had a great weekend, Saturday we rode over 200 miles with our motorcycle group and raised over $6000 for our yearly Run for The Son ride. It was in the low 90's and windy, but felt good to be out. Yesterday after church we worked in the yard. I have 2 rocking chairs on our front porch and yesterday DH decided they needed painted, which they did. So now one is bright yellow and the other one bright green. Looks nice. Then we rode motorcycle for about an hour.

I am up 1.4 pounds for April, but it's a new month and last several days eating has been better. Also getting out more with the nice weather.

Kim--Good to see you post. I agree NO should be enough.

Machka--Today on the happiness list is just what I needed. Thanks for sharing this.

Lisa--Love the idea about the aprons and I bet they will be a BIG hit.

Allie--I agree with every one else. Tom is a JERK and it's always about him and what he wants. Well he needs to pay. He got off easy in the divorce, his life id not change, just bed partner. Don't let him use the dogs or anything else to get you to do what he wants.

Debbie--Thanks for sharing the video.

Carol--It's a new day and ice cream is gone. I have done that more than once working all day and coming home and feeling I deserve it.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    D H has nearly finished his jigsaw. Map of the World. The oceans are taking a VERY long time. I sit and look at it on the table in front of me at breakfast and I can't find even one piece to fit, despite several tries. . He has patience. I'm trying to learn the 'stans' and the geography of Africa and South America for our quizzes.
    The rain didn't arrive. It's due this evening. I'm glad for the businesses which needed to fill their terraces and gardens for the Bank Holiday. The wind is getting up. Could be 50 mph tonight.
    I exercised and edited today. :D
    Still haven't done the printer. We are both avoiding the issue. :sad:

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    Lisa- I have a rosemary plant that my dad started years ago- It has been here about 20 yrs I think- It is pruned all the time but still six feet wide and over 4 ft high.
    anxrg7z4br0r.png

I have lots of veggies and herbs planted in mom's greenhouse- I will see how they are doing this coming weekend- hoping they are big enough to transplant and bring home.

THANK YOU ALL for all the amazing comments about the video of mom and dad.
    I really am thankful to have it available to watch and , as Lisa said, listen to it- it is priceless!!!

Barbara- YES- so many great memorable spots for sure.

Debbie
    Napa Valley (but grew up in amazing Alexander Valley) CA
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Husband bought me Milk of Magnesia today, as I haven't got my plumbing to operate since my colonoscopy. This is day four. I can hear my mother asking, "Have you gone today? When was the last time you went"? She seemed to have an unnatural need to know our bowel schedules. Even when we were in high school she'd ask. Lol! Our normal response was "Mommmm".
    💖Rebecca

My grandmother asked every time we saw her (which was often) if we'd had our "BM" that day. I never understood why it was so important to her. :smiley:

Tina in cA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,337 Member
    Options
    Worked today so no formal exercise. The plan for tomorrow is to do a body pump DVD

Allie – my father always used to say “you play, you pay”

Lisa – glad Egg is better. Our cats hate to see a closed door, too. Loki likes to open the door to the pantry

Carol GA – stay safe

Rebecca – they’re coming. I need to get a large envelope. I thought Vince had one but he doesn’t so I’ll need to get one.

Working on the jigsaw puzzle. The thing that makes this challenging is that every piece is the exact same shape. It’s also divided into sections. I just may have to cheat and be sure that I have the pieces in the right section. I hate doing this, but I just may have to

Ceramics tonight

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Options
    B)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Michelle- true ...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,533 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Zwift bike trainer- est 36min, est 17.5amph, 135ahr, 157mhr, 11mi= 362c
    Walk w/family- 2hrs 22min 23sec, 119elev, 98ahr, 119mhr, 8.28mi= 803c
    Strava app = 1003c

Total cal 1165
  • Mofee1
    Mofee1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Machka9: I am right there with you on your transition attitude. My vaccination timeline lines up exactly with yours too. May 8 after shot number 2 marks two weeks for me. We've been sheltered in for so long that I am very nervous about spending any significant time in public, even with social distancing, even outside. My family is divided in attitude and one of my concerns is with their lack of vigilance and adherence to safety protocols. I think it will take awhile for me to let go and overcome the anxiety. I know that I am a bit over the top with my anxiety and I'm always planning for worse case scenarios. It's the way that I was raised and the time and place that I was raised--in a heavy military city during the cold war/threat of nuclear war, then Vietnam, civil unrest, etc. :-( Too bad your cohorts are not emphathetic toward your feelings. This makes them part of the problem that we are facing today with tamping down the pandemic. I wish you peace, safety and happiness!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    Options
    Wind roaring round the house. :o
    Might sleep upstairs tonight in case it keeps DH awake. Very, very noisy! I have earplugs.

Hope the TV aerial survives.

My mother was fed laxatives by my grandmother for most of her early life. When she got married she stopped them and was constipated for 2 weeks!
    My grandmother kept a jar of Enos Fruit Salts in the pantry. After school, one of my favourite treats was going to her bungalow and having a glass. I loved the way it tickled your nose, the taste, and the race to drink it before it lost its fizz.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Mofee1
    Mofee1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey all. My first time posting in this forum. I'm so frustrating with my weight loss journey. I have been using myfitnesspal off and on since around 2005. I initially used weight watchers in 2004 and lost 60 lbs, but after hitting a major plateau, I quit and started using myfitnesspal. Counting calories worked and I lost another 40 lbs. I have kept it off since then. So that's a total of 100 lbs! But, I need to lose ANOTHER 40 lbs. to reach my ideal weight and it is much harder now, especially since my fibromyalgia nerve pain makes it feel impossible to exercise. Anyway, long story short, I recommitted to work at losing weight and start tracking calories on Februay 25. I lost 14 lbs., but have stalled completely in the last three weeks. In fact, a couple of weeks ago I GAINED two lbs. even though I never strayed from my calorie limit!!! Talk about demoralizing. Ugh! Yet, I remain completely committed and still have not strayed from my calorie limit and calorie tracking. I am limited to only 1200 calories a day which isn't much, believe you me. I almost feel like I should reduce my calorie limit to 1100 in order to continue losing weight.

Does anyone have any ideas? As I mentioned, I have so much fibromyalgia nerve pain that it feels impossible to exercise. Just walking is very painful. Thanks in advance for any ideas!

-Mofee1
  • Peach1948
    Options
    Mofee1

Congrats on losing so much weight and on your recommitment!

Carol in GA