WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2021

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    edited May 2021
    Sue - Our house was built in the 1920s. The floors are the original floor boards. We have the original stained glass in the front door, in a side window in the living room, and in two side windows in our bedroom.

Gearing up my patience now for the printer after lunch. :#

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Morning ladies
    Lisa- praise the lord that your family and home are intact..
    Today taking Dan for 2nd jab and me for bloodwork for the kidney dr,and then to pick up.Homer..
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Lisa- Branch? That is a HUGE branch! Sorry about the roof/property damage, but very glad you are okay. If they are still deciding whether it was a tornado; maybe it was a derecho? My house is located behind the dunes, so our area never sees tornadoes, but we DO get derechos. Straight line winds with wind speeds the same as a tornado (just without the rotation). A few years back one derecho ran through the "old town" area of my town and took off roofs, home damage, and trees uprooted. It also hit the biggest marina in the area and mangled the boats that were stored there. Nature can be awesomely destructive. Love and hugs to you, Corey, and Egg!
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Lisa my goodness gosh, I'm glad you're all safe!

Trees are SCARY! Especially the dense hardwoods you've got on your side of the pond. My husband and I are worried about a spinky little four-stemmed birch behind our house on the island in northern Norway. And falling "trees" up here in Svalbard wouldn't hurt a fly. Literally. Not that there are many flies for them to fall on.
    Svalbard forest:
    6w72ha0cjfjl.jpg
    That's my engagement ring for scale.

But is that a slate roof you've got there? If so, you might look into keeping the slate and refurbishing everything underneath it. Slate lasts forever!

/Penny, who's gotta run and is back at the
    t07190.gif

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
    Kirby had been looking for a place to redo this little front patio that we have. It’s outside of the downstairs bedroom that we use for our spin room. I’ve noticed that other condos that have this front patio don’t utilize it. I swept it up and steam cleaned the pavers that were there. I bought the table n chairs so I could sit out there. It gets great sun during the midday. I wanted either more pavers throughout or something. The landscaping place that maintains the grounds also does stuff. He came over and is going to put stamped cement concrete. I called the condo and they said anything behind the fence is my responsibility and he suggested taking out the two bushes and I would have more room. I bought a bronze colored baby gate so it won’t be so obvious so when yogi goes out he will still stat within the area of the patio. He’s coming today to give me a brochure so I can pic the color. I steam cleaned some of the pavers that were there so I could use them for the front walkway from the front door of the condo to the patio side we try, they may start tomorrow. And we are going to get a new garage door installed tomorrow

tio1giqfhx2d.jpeg
    ews2b9mbxxg6.jpeg
    ojmg0hxhp86j.jpeg
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Very nice Pip... so glad you got a place you enjoy..
    Have Homie over here and the boys are chillin out.. its spitty rain today, and like i said took Dan for his jab and got my bloodwork done.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Lisa - so glad you are okay. Good luck with the roof repair and the power outage.

Today will be day two below calories.

Annie in Delaware
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    😊
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited May 2021
    Heather: We lived in a neighborhood during my grade school years that had many homes with a similar vintage as yours. I don’t recall seeing such beautiful stained glass as your house has. Lovely! :star:

Allie: Good news that Dan is getting his second Covid vaccination! I hope your blood work for the kidney doctor comes back with good results. :heart:

Lisa: Wow! I’m glad you and Corey are safe from harm. It looks like your roof will need significant help. I hope the insurance company steps up for a full replacement. :flowerforyou:

Pip: I like your patio set very much. We have something similar on our upper deck. We imagined enjoying morning coffee there, but we’ll need to wait for the weather to be a bit warmer. There is often a chilly breeze up there in the early morning. :smiley:

May the 4th be with us all! :wink:

Katla in sunny NW Oregon
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    OMG, Lisa. You are a master at understatement.

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, numbers and birthdates to financial for beneficiary updates, income verification to underwriter,
    Bonus: 17 mins vacuuming KLBs, 5 laundry,
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, budget meeting notes, board meeting minutes, call D re: sticky keyboard, Norton and windows updates, watch for refund from Interpath for Joe’s labs paid on Feb statement call S, fire district: ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers).
    Meaningful May:
    4: Take a step towards an important goal, however small:

Weight bounced back up two pounds, not a shock.

Lisa OMG that branch! What a very very close call. Sorry for the roof damage, but thankful you’re safe and your insurance claim is already filed. Your alphabetized herbs made me smile! This geeky noodge alphabetizes her sweet spices separately from her savoury ones, but never thought to alphabetize plantings. Thanks! Like your carpenter apron idea, kind of like the garden vest-of-pockets I’ve always wanted but not yet found. Do you have drapes you could pull across the windows to barricade any shattering glass?
    Karen and Lisa what about “Talk dirt to me” ;)
    Carol your mom really modeled love and forgiveness. What an angel. Hope the ice cream woes pass easily… last night I had AF beer and popcorn for dinner :P It’s important to be honest with your Dr. Brava. I feel the same way about sugar. I just can’t see myself ever eliminating it. So be it, there’s worse things.
    Heather I feel your printer woes. Joe bought a sound bar and wasn’t able to get TV sound out from it. I’ve tried (ridiculous how you have to connect to internet and long into google accounts etc) but am now waiting for a response to my email support ticket. The power light won’t even go on. Pfaugh.
    Welcome @Mofee1 Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale? Hope you can find some gentle exercises you can do sitting, or even in bed? Motion is lotion and building strength is key.
    Machka the branches sure look like rosemary but the blossoms are a different color and shape than I’ve seen here.
    Pip lovely!
    Annie brava for bicycling!
    Katla  Thanks for reminding me of today’s date 

Not sick, not sad, just not inspired. Bingewatched mindless home improvement shows without even marching in place. Today will be different starting now!

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    May: leaner/stronger/kinder than April.
    daily: sit with Joe:3 , weigh/wii: 3/1/14; steps>6362=2161 (bleah) vits=3, log=3, CI<CO=3, CI<250<CO=2, Tumble=2, Shadow=2, mfp=2, outside=2, up hill=2, clean 10=3.5
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rX x4=1 dance=, packwalk x2=1,
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30: 141.5 5/2:, 5/9:, 5/16:, 5/23:, 5/30:.
    mnthly: board mtg=, grant=, 21 plan=, waist=42.5
    bonus: AF=3 play=1 sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    edited May 2021
    Allie - Crossing all fingers and toes. <3

Barbara - For some reason DH'S Google account is a problem. I don't know if he never logged on or what. I let him struggle. >:)

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Allie: Wonderful news from your daughter! ❤️
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Allie ~ Hurrah! So happy for your daughter and prayers that this will go well!

Carol in GA