WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2021

Options

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Michele, nope she never mentioned feeling anything but ok. I recall texting her after my colonoscopy which was last Thursday. Her son said she must've passed in her sleep last week. I have never had a friend pass before, so all these feelings are new to me.
    💖 thanks for sending my package! I am sending Athenas birthday package, with Princess band aids, and felt heart stickers that I wrote things like "grandma hugs" and"grandpa kisses". Also a check for $20 birthday check (she's two you gotta start low or we'll be financing a loan to gift her birthday money!).
    💖
    Rebecca
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Rebecca-$20 is a lot for 2! My dad still sends me $20 for my birthday. I tell him not to, but it's what he does.

Tina in CA

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/yogi- 2hrs 25min 11sec, 3.41ap, 174ap, 95ahr, 121mhr, 8.31mi= 810c
    Strava app = 1007c
    Zwift bike trainer- 37.28min, 139ahr, 161mhr, 138elev, 17.7amph, 11.05mi= 368c
    Strava app = 198c

Total cal 1178
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    B)
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    Options
    Spent the morning in the kitchen- got all the apples out of the dehydrator and the racks all washed and ready for the next batch. Got some sweet potatoes cooked and portioned out and in the freezer. I am the only one that eats them and I really LIKE them so portioning out and freezing them is best.
    Now, have some pinto beans in the pressure cooker to make refried beans to go with some chicken enchiladas that I have prepped and just have to assemble- layering them so I can have a lot more filling(chicken, cottage cheese that I froze then thawed-it comes out just like ricotta, texture wise) and a lot less tortillas.
    Lunch was just 220 cal(ham, sweet potato and 3 slices of bread and butter pickles) and skipped breakfast like usual(just tea) so I can really enjoy a big meal tonight- will make a salad to go with the enchiladas and refried beans.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    Third day under calories! I didn't ride my bike because it rained.

My mom's been fussing about giving a table to her sister. It was mom's idea to give it away but then she forgot and felt pressured into letting it go. It was their mother's table. So I'm trying to learn from this - that my mother's decisions are not always final, and that I have to help her remember what was decided. Meanwhile she is moody but that too will pass.

My dad dropped some food today because of the arthritis in his thumbs. That was a first, but is likely to become common. But things are not so bad yet.

Annie in Delaware
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,816 Member
    Options
    Our barn swallows are back. They showed up yesterday swooping around the barn. We usually have a couple that nest in our barn. I like that they eat lots of insects but they build their nest right over the barn aisle and they are messy. The humming birds showed up today. I was mowing in front of the gazebo where the hanger is for the feeders when one of them flew up close, chattered at me then went to where the feeder should be. I think he was trying to tell me something. One feeder is now filled and hanging.

I got over 15,000 steps yesterday, first time in a long time. Being able to go to the YM makes a huge difference for me.

Lisa - Yay for electricity.

Sorry for those who have lost friends.

Everyone take care Sue in WA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    Options
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    Our barn swallows are back. They showed up yesterday swooping around the barn. We usually have a couple that nest in our barn. I like that they eat lots of insects but they build their nest right over the barn aisle and they are messy. The humming birds showed up today. I was mowing in front of the gazebo where the hanger is for the feeders when one of them flew up close, chattered at me then went to where the feeder should be. I think he was trying to tell me something. One feeder is now filled and hanging.

I got over 15,000 steps yesterday, first time in a long time. Being able to go to the YM makes a huge difference for me.

Lisa - Yay for electricity.

Sorry for those who have lost friends.

Everyone take care Sue in WA

Glad to hear your swallows are back. Here dad would always watch for them. He said they usually would come back on my birthday. He loved when they were back.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    M – glad you got the vaccination. That’s definitely more important than going for a run. You didn’t know that you were going to get it?

Michele NC

No I didn't know.

Last Friday, everyone in my department was asked if they would like to go on a standby list. If the hospital had extra Pfizer, they'd call or email people from the list. I think most put their names on the list and I know the people in my area figured we probably wouldn't be called for a month or two. A few of us even made arrangements for a flu shot thinking we'd get that in first, and some time later we might be called for the Pfizer vaccine.

10:30 yesterday (Wednesday) morning my area got an email to come to the hospital and at about 11:45 am we were there getting it done.

My second shot is May 26.

My flu shot won't be till June.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    d34f9sxax6fd.png
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    Garage door before pfz8wnyu5fy0.jpeg
    8c1eiys3wfpk.jpeg
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options

Rebecca – LOVE the bandaids. I’m going to look for some for PJ. Being a boy, I’m sure he’ll use them

Lisa – dancing with ya. Are you on a well? When our power was out and we were on a well, we didn’t have water to shower with.

Debbie – I’m the same way about sweet potatoes. I’m the only one who eats them and I love them. Fortunately, they freeze well, unlike white potatoes

pip – I much prefer the type of garage door that you have now than the previous one. Good choice.

Went to ceramics tonight. Remember I told you that Adra from Newcomers husband died? Well, she's selling her house. It went on the market at 7:00 in the morning yesterday and tonight she told us she had two offers over asking price for cash (!) and two more are expected to be in. I'm happy for her. I know she'll miss the house. She put in an offer for a townhouse and I expect she'll get it.

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I had fun today. I found a lovely fuchsia and brought it home yesterday. Love it! Today I went looking for another and finally found just the right one. It is smaller and different but also lovely. I am happy. 🌸🌺🌸🌺
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,816 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: Sorry to hear that Brighton Pride has been cancelled. Wear your sparkly dress when you find the right celebration. :heart:

Sue: We have a tribe of humming birds that live in our area year around. Ours are Annas Hummingbirds. They are also quite opinionated. I love the little things. We have sugar water feeders on our windows in all seasons. In summer they seem to prefer flowers. :smiley:

Machka: Congrats on getting the Pfizer vaccine. We had two doses a few weeks apart and are happy to have taken them. :bigsmile: In our community, people are wearing masks in public places. It is considered courteous. :star:

Pip: Nice garage door! :flowerforyou:

It is early evening and DH has already gone up to bed. I probably won’t be far after.

Katla in NW Oregon

• Machka9
    Options
    I start my day off each fortnight tomorrow. :) 3-day weekend!

Friday is supposed to be a lovely day so I'm hoping to spend time outside.

Machka in Oz
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, Tumble to vet, Post Office, typed hymns
    Bonus: beach stroll with Shadow and T, called D re: sticky keyboard, researched, froze goat’s milk and ordered cheesemaking supplies, treated both raincoats to restore their waterproofing.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, budget meeting notes, board meeting minutes, Norton and windows updates, watch for refund from Interpath for Joe’s labs paid on Feb statement call S, fire district: ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers).
    Meaningful May:
    5: Send your friend a photo from a time you enjoyed together: T in the blooming wild mustard.
    6: Look for people doing good and reasons to be cheerful:

KJ neither had I, ‘til I learned from my college roommate to peel the tough skin off the stalks. Makes it cook more evenly, when stir fried with a bit of bacon. More tender when eaten raw. I don’t try to peel the florets, Joe gets those in his veggie bowl. But I do peel the stalk, with a paring knife, especially when slicing for dipping raw and eating. Yum (and I think less bitter too). Probably means less fiber, but anything to get us to eat more veggies ;)
    Lisa thanks for the Robert Maurer, just recommended it for my library to add to its Library2go. Hope you were able to sleep in until the house warmed up ;) Halelujah and happy power’s-back-on dance!
    Barbie thanks for your insights, especially daily-ish and unnecessary self-punishment.
    Pip you ARE such a good dog mama! Huge improvement in garage door.
    Heather Hip hip hooray for all your printing successes! Your curry sounds delish. Could you wear your sparkly dress for a zoom or livestream alternate Pride event?
    Katla looking forward to pics of your fuchsias.
    Michele your stuck bran muffin reminds me of a Kathy cartoon about eating the broken Christmas cookies… oops!
    Rebecca ((hugs)) hope you can find comfort that she passed in her sleep, hope she hadn’t been suffering long. It’s been 16 years since my BFF passed. Miss her every day. “Bella” indeed! A $20 bday check for a 2 yr old doesn’t seem like starting low to me, I’d send a nice crisp new two dollar bill ;)
    Debbie didn’t know you could freeze cottage cheese. Hope that means I can freeze any ricotta I make from the whey leftover from my next chevre experiment ;)
    Annie congrats on the 3 day string!
    Sue that humming bird has you trained :laugh:
    Machka enjoy your first of fortnightly 3day weekends!
    @bananasandoranges Julie R U OK?

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    May: leaner/stronger/kinder than April.
    daily: sit with Joe:5 , weigh/wii: 5/1/14; steps>6362=7928 , vits=5, log=5, CI<CO=5, CI<250<CO=4, Tumble=3, Shadow=4, mfp=5, outside=4, up hill=4, clean 10=3.5
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rX x4=1 dance=1, packwalk x2=2,
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30: 141.5 5/2:, 5/9:, 5/16:, 5/23:, 5/30:.
    mnthly: board mtg=, grant=, 21 plan=, waist=42.5
    bonus: AF=5 play=1 sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW