WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2021

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,229 Member
    Options
    Allie - I drank after-shave once at a party. The difference is, no one ever told their parents anything in those days! I was a terrible tearaway! A real juvenile delinquent. But I agree, it's hard on her mum right now. <3 It will all pass. Are you any good at talking with Taliah? Without putting pressure on her, just being a listening ear. She probably has guessed something is going on with the pregnancy. Kids always know.

We ordered delivery from one of Hove's Persian restaurants for our anniversary meal. It was really excellent, if expensive, but we have more than enough left for tomorrow lunch. Next time we will order half the amount. The champagne was, and is, wonderful.
    Later we will have a very small glass of Lagavulin, in memory of our first meeting. A chocolate truffle will accompany it.
    A good day.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,560 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day =

Walk w/family- 2hrs 17min 1sec, 3.08ap, 51elev, 83ahr, 144mhr, 7.40mi= 737c
    Strava app = 897c
    Zwift bike trainer- 40.25min, 623elev, 16.3amph, 141ahr, 161mhr, 11.01mi= 413c
    Strava app = 223c

Total cal 1151

Will probably have more if I help paint the garage trim
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,961 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, Tumble to vet, Post Office, typed hymns
    Bonus: beach stroll with Shadow and T, called D re: sticky keyboard, researched, froze goat’s milk and ordered cheesemaking supplies, treated both raincoats to restore their waterproofing.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, budget meeting notes, board meeting minutes, Norton and windows updates, watch for refund from Interpath for Joe’s labs paid on Feb statement call S, fire district: ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers).
    Meaningful May:
    5: Send your friend a photo from a time you enjoyed together: T in the blooming wild mustard.
    6: Look for people doing good and reasons to be cheerful:

KJ neither had I, ‘til I learned from my college roommate to peel the tough skin off the stalks. Makes it cook more evenly, when stir fried with a bit of bacon. More tender when eaten raw. I don’t try to peel the florets, Joe gets those in his veggie bowl. But I do peel the stalk, with a paring knife, especially when slicing for dipping raw and eating. Yum (and I think less bitter too). Probably means less fiber, but anything to get us to eat more veggies ;)
    Lisa thanks for the Robert Maurer, just recommended it for my library to add to its Library2go. Hope you were able to sleep in until the house warmed up ;) Halelujah and happy power’s-back-on dance!
    Barbie thanks for your insights, especially daily-ish and unnecessary self-punishment.
    Pip you ARE such a good dog mama! Huge improvement in garage door.
    Heather Hip hip hooray for all your printing successes! Your curry sounds delish. Could you wear your sparkly dress for a zoom or livestream alternate Pride event?
    Katla looking forward to pics of your fuchsias.
    Michele your stuck bran muffin reminds me of a Kathy cartoon about eating the broken Christmas cookies… oops!
    Rebecca ((hugs)) hope you can find comfort that she passed in her sleep, hope she hadn’t been suffering long. It’s been 16 years since my BFF passed. Miss her every day. “Bella” indeed! A $20 bday check for a 2 yr old doesn’t seem like starting low to me, I’d send a nice crisp new two dollar bill ;)
    Debbie didn’t know you could freeze cottage cheese. Hope that means I can freeze any ricotta I make from the whey leftover from my next chevre experiment ;)
    Annie congrats on the 3 day string!
    Sue that humming bird has you trained :laugh:
    Machka enjoy your first of fortnightly 3day weekends!
    @bananasandoranges Julie R U OK?

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    May: leaner/stronger/kinder than April.
    daily: sit with Joe:5 , weigh/wii: 5/1/14; steps>6362=7928 , vits=5, log=5, CI<CO=5, CI<250<CO=4, Tumble=3, Shadow=4, mfp=5, outside=4, up hill=4, clean 10=3.5
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rX x4=1 dance=1, packwalk x2=2,
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30: 141.5 5/2:, 5/9:, 5/16:, 5/23:, 5/30:.
    mnthly: board mtg=, grant=, 21 plan=, waist=42.5
    bonus: AF=5 play=1 sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

I didn't know how the cottage cheese would turn out after freezing it but when they had them close to pull date, 3 for $1- had to try. I was surprised at the texture change- for the better. I have frozen ricotta too- doesn't change it too much(again, tried it because of the great price on them)
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,961 Member
    Options
    heading out to go get my eye checked at Kaiser- my regular eye dr(not with Kaiser) found a tear in my retina and floaters- Hope they can easily take care of it- floaters are annoying!!
    Allie-I know others have mentioned online school- we did that for my son when he was in high school a few years ago- best thing we did.
    Will catch up on the rest of the posts later after my eyes are clear(dialating them at this appointment) then need to get some sewing done- 4 masks to get done by tomorrow afternoon when I head up to mom's.

Debbie
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Vicki ~ I remember how much I liked it when my grandmother sent me a dollar in an envelope!

Heather ~ I admire the way you and your husband make special occasions over so many dates.

I made an appointment today to see an ophthalmologist about getting cataract surgery. My visit for my dr's check up turned up not to be so bad but I was glad to get it over with. I am having fits with my achilles tendon on one foot. Just falling apart I guess. I think the heel pain is due to the fact that the knee on that leg makes walking strange.

Carol in GA who needs to quit going on about my ills. ;)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,465 Member
    Options
    Thanks Beth, in truth I know she had some issues, so a visit would've probably put her OCD, over the edge. She lived by herself and could do what she liked. When she got stressed she bought stuff including food. She admitted to having 2 full freezers, plus pantry overflowing. But being that she had no one to cook for, she rarely did. I would show her photos of my foods and shed get inspired to cook. I told her I would cook her a feast one day. So yeah, just sad today. You just never know.

Today I bought a roast chicken and will make ramen tonight.
    Hugs
    Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    This photo is the first I’ve managed to upload! YAY! The plant is beside my kitchen window.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,633 Member
    Options
    :)
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,397 Member
    Options
    The flowers are beautiful, Katla!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,712 Member
    Options
    Lovely plant Katla
    Im more worried for Tracy then Taliah.
    She went for bloodwork this morning and needs i guess some type of level has to be up well it went from 250 to 600 which is great. And she goes for an ultrasound in a week and a 1/2 or so..
    The pedicures were fun,but Tracy being overly cautious had no polish put on..
    Spoke with my health insurance agent,and bless her with the new rules i am going from 176.00 a month down to 10.11 a month,the savings are great.
    Im trying to shave off whatever I can
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK ❤️
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,465 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Pretty hanging flowers Katla!
    tqn8ctt8tp6y.jpg
    Soon I will make berry jam! Once I see them out and about, I shall buy some!
    🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓💖💖💖💖💖
    Rebecca
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,633 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,
    Allie – glad to hear of savings and of the happy news from your daughter.
    Rebecca – sorry to hear about your friend, and it sounds like you had a great friendship
    Beth – Agree 100% - mothers day will be a tough day but if any of us are strong enough to handle it it’s you. You can do this and speak from your heart, your church knows what you’ve been through.

Thinking of the folks with storm damage, hope all is well soon.

My mom is sort of progressing, the wrist she broke 6 weeks ago is doing well, but something is a bit wonky with her pacemaker – we were at the cardiologist yesterday, should hear results soon. She also decided to tell me that she is having trouble with her vision and has been for 6 weeks! As of her fall!!! I wish I had known I would have gotten her into the doctor asap, but I did get an appointment for tomorrow. I am really worried it is serious, not only will that limit her tremendously but on a selfish note it means I have to spend more time in the “caregiving role” and that plus the 1 hour each way commute to her is so hard on the time I have for my business. I feel lucky to still have her and to have her as healthy as she is, but balancing all the things is hard.

Katla “The small one is in a shady place beside our kitchen window. The flowers are burgundy, pink and white. I didn’t find a tag that told the name of the plant.”

Katla it looks to me like that hanging plant has 3 plants in the pot – the white I have always called million bells – botanical name is Calibrachoa. The deep red/pink one looks like a dianthus, but a bit hard to tell from the picture, and the 2 tone pink with yellow center spot looks like a petunia flower, but I have never seen such a striking color - Other gardeners????

Smiles, Kim in Northern California
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,159 Member
    Options
    ☘️ Terri
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,712 Member
    Options
    Well no nap for me today which is a good thing.. hopefully ill sleep well tonight..