csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    ❤️🧡💛
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,701 Member
    :)
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,783 Member
    Morning, afternoon and evening, my chickens,

Woke up in a sparkling mood this morning (I usually do anyway, but way sparkly this morning) because I was able to turn on the A/C and leave it on all night long, so slept better than I have since Monday...

Unfortunately, I was indulging in salty snacks all day yesterday, so hands, feet and ankles are all swelly, but I've got a lot of work to do outside, so the swelling will be gone by evening. Have to pick up and cut up (or haul to the burn pile) all the branches other than the big one. Once the adjuster's come and gone tomorrow evening, we can start hacking at that one... Right now, I can't even mow the lawn without running over major logs, so I'll have to get the small lawn tractor running, and drag things where they need going, or I'll have to cut them up where they sit if they're the size for burning this winter. I had thought to use my husband's chain saw for the larger stuff, but I picked it up yesterday and that is NOT an option. I do have an older electric one for the ones that are near the house, or ones that I can drag near the house, and will probably use that.

My appetite, other than yesterday, has been clawing at me much less than in months past, so I've been pretty relaxed about what I eat. Time to think about what I'm putting in my mouth again. My gut is doing really well... which is also a blessing of no small proportions.

Last but not least, spoke to my daughter, and the family is headed down to us around May 17th. They've got two weeks, and they'll spend as much of that with us as possible. I can't wait - now we've got their camper trailer parked here, we can kit that out for them so they don't have to sleep in the living room. This will make her father much happier, as he will have his privacy in the evenings, and help them stay longer if they're comfortable. The 13th is two weeks since my second vaccine, so I will feel much safer, and they've had theirs for months, at least the adults have.

Will also get to see my oldest grandson, because he won't go to his birth father's until early June, so we'll get to have them all here. Can't wait!

Later, y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,990 Member
    Lisa- how wonderful for your daughters visit..
    My DD is on her way back from fertility clinic ,she said she had to have more bloodwork done and then she is picking me up to go for a pedicure for Mothers day..
    Then ill come back home and do laundry and get the place picked up.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,595 Member
    18th meeting anniversary. <3:D

Opened our presents this morning. Yes, Tracey. :p
    One gift to the both of us was a bottle of Lagavulin whisky. That was something we drank on our first date, when I lured DH back into the pub for a 'nightcap'. He had never had an Islay whisky before.
    The morning got busy because I'd ordered the Waitrose delivery early. We were in the middle of exercising. During the delivery my son rang to rearrange the meet up for Max's birthday. Now we are going to pick them all up from school tomorrow. My son then called round to pick up the tent so we don't have to lug it around with us!
    I also gave him my End of Life and Incapacity Information pages I'd written. He asked if I was taking up dangerous sports. :D
    Then we had to go out to vote in the Police Crime Commissioner elections.
    I popped to the shop to buy after school snacks for tomorrow.

Our lunch was the Iberico ham my son had bought me for Mother's Day. Plus some octopus that I bought cooked. I made it into Pulpo a la Gallega. The whole thing was absolutely heavenly. :pB)<3 A glass of AF rosé wine went with it.
    z8oc93uh5a4t.jpg

Now we have Singing Zoom. Phew!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,225 Member
    Hmm. Most of the exercise I do counts about 1 calorie a minute, for moving and exerting, but not breathless. But moderate biking is listed as ten calories a minute. I chose moderate because the bike is heavy and the path has very gentle hills. Again, it's exertion but not breathless. Maybe I should list it as gentle biking.

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,056 Member
    Kirby wanted a new garage door and opener to give us a little more height because of the trailer. It did fit with the old one. The old one worked fine tho. Now we can open the back hatch on the car while it’s in the garage and it won’t hit the new garage door I can’t say no to him on a logical purchase. $1400 bucks gone lololol
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,130 Member
    edited May 2021
    :) We arranged our morning yesterday to get to Home Depot just after 8 AM so we could buy bags of dirt before the store got busy and still get home for a Zoom meeting at 9. How disappointing to get there and find out that the garden store didn't open til 9 so we went home, showered, went to the meeting and went back at ten. By then it was fairly busy, but we got what we wanted and got it home. I needed dirt for the bed where I'll plant the zucchini and Jake needed container dirt for where he'll plant the tomato plants that are waiting patiently on the kitchen window sill.

:) I read a great story in the news about a woman who gave birth to nine babies and said that since God had provided her with the babies she was sure he'd provide a way to take care of them. That's something to think about when I get frantice about stuff in my life.

:) Houses are selling fast here, too. There have been several houses on the market in the last month and all have sold within a few days of being listed. That is a great contrast to when we bought in this neighbourhood and there were 21 houses on the market and they waited months for a buyer. Houses are selling for double or triple
    what we paid for ours.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,443 Member
    Hmm. Most of the exercise I do counts about 1 calorie a minute, for moving and exerting, but not breathless. But moderate biking is listed as ten calories a minute. I chose moderate because the bike is heavy and the path has very gentle hills. Again, it's exertion but not breathless. Maybe I should list it as gentle biking.

Annie in Delaware

I go for the really gentle cycling when I record it.

I figure I burn about 100 calories for every 5 km. Given that I ride about 15 km/h these days, that's about 300 calories per hour.

M in Oz
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    🌟⭐💫
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited May 2021
    Lisa: Good morning, afternoon, and evening back-at-cha. Congratulations on being able to turn on your AC. Good news that your daughter will be visiting. :heart:

Heather: HAPPY 18th Meeting ANNIVERSARY!!!! :flowerforyou:

Pip: Congrats on your new garage door and opener. :bigsmile:

I’ve been having fun with spring gardening. No beans! I’ll buy them at the store. However, I have a determinant cherry tomato plant and look forward to little tomatoes on my salads.

I love flowering plants and have two in hanging pots. The large one is a fuchsia & will create beauty beside the stairs to our deck. The small one is in a shady place beside our kitchen window. The flowers are burgundy, pink and white. I didn’t find a tag that told the name of the plant.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,990 Member
    Good late morning ladies....
    Back from the pedicure with Tracy ,it was nice to spend time with her..
    I worry because Taliah did something stupid ,pretending to drink nail polish remover and posted it on a social media ..now none of her friends are talking to her,and there parents have asked Tracy to keep Tal from contacting them..
    I was at the house and Tracy got texts from Taliah saying she hates school and her anxiety is through the roof.. she cant go back to school unless she gets a covid test
    Tracy doesnt need the stress especially at this stage of the game
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,689 Member
    A $2 bill, I should have done that! Her card is in the mail, and even spaced out Lee signing it, I was in a rush to get it to her on time. But Lee gave me a reality check and said she's 2, she has no clue about time and dates! True. But I felt bad she might not get it in time. I know her maternal grandmother will SHOWER her with presents.
    Yes my friend passed on her terms, in her sleep. I did call her once and we chatted and laughed like we'd known each other for years. She is the friend that gave us $2000 so we could move from the one rental home to this one, when the owner wanted to move back in. This is what I kept.
    dfzuiwiw4p6c.png
    Yep, she was a keeper.
    👍💖
    Well its shopping today, because tomorrow is #2 of the Moderna for me.👍
    Hugs ladies,
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,225 Member
    Thanks Machka!
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,695 Member
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Allie: It sounds like your granddaughter is having a tough time just now. I appreciate the position of the school district. It needs to keep all students safe. Attending school in person would require keeping classrooms free of CoVid and proving vaccination would ease my mind whether I was a teacher or a parent. I would be very concerned about keeping every child safe from unvaccinated students. Can your grand-daughter attend online school and stay up with her classes? :huh:

During my active teaching years we had a few students who needed to feel safe at home. There were also some who were worried about being bullied. Once such bully was pulled from school by his parents. Online school was an excellent option for those who needed to learn and feel safe at home. :flowerforyou:

Roberta: Nice to meet you. Stop by often and get to know us. :flowerforyou:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon