WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2021

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,444 Member
    Michele, got your package today! Thank you so much! I shall be set colorful envelope wise for a while! You even put in some pretty stationery with matching envelopes, fun! I appreciate it so much!
    💐🙏💖🍀👑👊👍 Rebecca
    Happy to have friends like y'all!
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,444 Member
    Awe, Lisa I would be clammering into that hot tub too! Gosh I miss my KOA hot tub and pool when we lived in Hammond. Husband misses the pool in Seaside, because all the young mommas would get in the hot tub after their tiny tots swim class. I would be oohing and aahing the young kids, and he would be, "oh she was holding a kid"? My raunchy sailor, what can I say...😂
    Rebecca
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    B)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,682 Member
    Alfie and I hanging out and watching TV.. 2nd day in a row of no naps .. which makes me happy..
    Tomorrow taking Doris out for her birthday..she will be 89..our local Family Dollar is closing for renovation, so everything is 50.%.off.so will check.that out and then to Dollar.tree after to lunch.
    Alfie will spend the.day with Tom and Elena..
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,935 Member
    getting ready to head up to mom's for the weekend. I will be there until early Monday morning. Have to come home a little earlier that I had planned- husband needs me to pick him up at the mechanic's and I need to do that before daycare girl comes in.
    Hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend.

I will check in/catch up on Monday.

Debbie
    Napa Valley, CA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,334 Member
    Did Cardio Core Dynamic Core DVD today then went for a walk around the block. I’ve learned that around the block, to the main street and back, and around our cul-de-sac is almost 1-1/2 miles (about 4,000 steps) The plan for tomorrow is to do the Cathe Cardio Mashup DVD

Anne DE – what a nice thing of Craig to do

Debbie – so sorry things at the ophthalmologist didn’t go as you planned, but what a relief that there’s no chance of a detached retina now. So the pain was worth it

Barbara – wish I was swimming. The pool water is in the low 70’s. It seems to warm up a little during the week but then on the weekends it goes back down. I CAN put on the heater for the spa if I need to, but then when you get out the air will really chill you so I really haven’t been doing that. BUT it has been cool enough to string popcorn. Hopefully, that’ll be done and I can go in the pool when it’s ready. Chemically, it’s ready. Weather-wise, it isn’t

M – you are doing the right thing

Beth – (((HUGS))). I know that you’ll get thru this. It will be painful, but you are so very strong

Vince is very worried. Bonnie’s tumor is back. I keep trying to tell him that it’s possible that the chemo medicine is wearing off and she got the next dose today so she will probably start to feel better tomorrow. But he’s still worried

Katla – probably the secret to my plant success would be if I don’t look at it. I swear, I look at a plant and it dies….except for weeds, those I’m very good at growing...lol

Just got back from the soup kitchen. They had egg omelets, bacon and toast. Personally, I would have given them two omelets. I wasn’t impressed with the toast. It was bread that we put butter on and then they put it in the oven. So only the tops got browned. One gal was microwaving the omelets. I’m constantly shocked at how much the people who volunteer there eat! I’m usually good for 2 of the 16oz bottles of water that get donated. The one and only time I had something to eat there was when they had a real sweet cantaloupe.

Rebecca – I totally understand how you feel. Bryan (as usual) isn’t going to contact me at all. Denise will call, but that’s it. No card, nothing. Jess will call. That’s the bright spot. No card from her, but she does call regularly so I’m not concerned. Denise calls every few months now.

Kim CA – what a relief for you and your mom

Rebecca – so glad you got the package. Enjoy!!!!

Debbie – drive safely

Just ordered a jigsaw puzzle to do for Colby and Jess for Christmas

Michele NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    <3
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,728 Member
    I have read each and every evening but have struggled to really concentrate and make comments.

Phones at night - I have my phone on do not disturb from 10pm to 8am. Texts and calls do not come through. However, I have favourites set and if any of those people call twice back to back it allows the call to come through. I only take the phone in the bedroom on nights I have to work the next day.
    When Rodgers mother had her attack we missed between the two of us 60+ calls because we didn’t take phones to bed. That’s what changed the habit for me.

Last night DH’s phone that was in the living room started going off around 1230-1, with our provincial emergency alert notifications. I got up to check it as there had been one earlier in the evening advising of an out of control wildfire, I was worried another one had started so got up to check. It was the same one with an evacuation notice for a town near the fire. There wasn’t much on the news today about it as there was a 300 Unit seniors living facility that burnt last night. All residents were evacuated safely with only 3 having to go to the hospital.

I worked until 730 this evening cleaning my office, I had put last fiscal years files away properly so had stacks of this years sitting around waiting to be filed. I put in a long day doing it so that when I feel more in control next week when our payroll implementation takes another huge step forward that I know will tie up a huge chunk of my time.

I will try to respond better over the weekend.
    Tracey in Edmonton

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Kim: I am happy that your mom’s cataract was diagnosed and she will be able to have future eye help. :star:

Michele: Enjoy planting your seeds and I hope you’ll have some fun as they grow and mature. :flowerforyou:

Tracey: I imagine you are working very hard. I hope you’ll get some rest and you are able to lift your energy & spirits. (((HUGS)))

I am ready to rest. Be safe!

Katla in NW Oregon

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,193 Member
    Rain pouring down here. The first real rain in a very long time. It has been the driest month on record. Unfortunately, we have a leak in the guttering to the side and water is streaming through. The join has separated. It is very high up, so we will have to find someone who can get up there on a ladder. Don't want to have to pay out for scaffolding, but I'm not sure you can actually get a ladder up there. The side passage is narrow and there is a fence between us and next door. Might have to ask around for solutions.

Slept better last night. :D I was truly knackered from all the walking.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    B)
  • grandmallie
    Morning ladies
    Im just lying here waking up and Alfie is sleeping under the covers...he has it rough...going to get up and dressed and out the door by 8:30.
  • grandmallie
    Machka- prayers for a healing and quick recovery..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,193 Member
    Thinking of you Machka. XOXO <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,519 Member
    Pip and Machka - I sent this and thought of you.
    te8mqe84lhvn.jpeg
    Tracey

That is soooo cute! Thanks for sharing
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Hi Everyone,
    It's been a rough week. I'v been off the boars for a good 10 days.

AuntieBK, Barbara you like the Episcopalian place but not the church ? I think I'd pick the people over the music! but maybe it's really horrible music ? or the other place is really good? thanks for the shout out. She made an appointment and I canceled it. there's this free clinic with psychologists but a very long wait but she happened to call me and she seems better to me.i think my insurance covers most of the other one's cost (it was supposed to I think, I have a hard time figuring it out, having th time to follow up on that) but free and very nearby is good (about 5 mn by foot in the big city.

Vicki, thanks for the shout out. I can relate about wanting to just go home after work. I remember once I tried a chi kong class after a day of work. the teacher had a good reputation but I found it horrible to be standing there doing the "tree" for 5 minutes after a long day of work, plus transport, etc..

Tracey, thanks for letting me know about the tired coworker post vaccine; one of my colleagues was also totally knocked out.

Ginny, thanks the waterpark sounds great for kids.