WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2021

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Michele: My mom loved jigsaw puzzles, too. She had a puzzle out on her kitchen table nearly all the time. :flowerforyou:

Tracey: We have a house telephone set that has phones in several rooms. We put them in for our data service, and they seem to attract MANY nuisance calls. :grumble: Our personal phones are iphones. We can block unwanted callers on them if necessary. :star:

Allie: Our sweet old dog has his bed on the floor beside my side of the bed. He is not welcome in the bed. :noway: Long years ago we had a wonderful kitty who loved to crawl under the covers. I still miss her. :broken_heart:

(((Machka))): Prayers for your DH and for you. :heart:

Katla in NW Oregon
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    "On the fritz again, on the fritz again, MFP is on the fritz again and I can't chat with my friends, MFP is on the fritz again. On the fritz again like a band of hippies, we go down the news feed, like a fast steed, we do it our way, we do it all day, but not yesterday, because MFP was on the fritz again."
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Machka- Sending prayers, and good thoughts your way! <3
    Heather- Nothing new wrong with Tim's brain (in regards to the texting me at odd hours). He gets so emotional when he watches or reads the news and just sends me things without realizing that it wakes me up. I have thought about keeping my phone in another location, or turning off the notifications; but I worry one of my kids might call and need help. That said, Tim and Colin both don't seem to have any problem waking me up to answer questions/ solve problems/ etc. For instance, one night a couple of years ago, when I first began making my own yogurt; Tim woke me up with an unlabeled jar of whey in his hand, asking me if it was lemonade. I told him no and what it was, rolled over, and went back to sleep. About an hour later, Colin came in and asked the same question. lol I began labeling my whey from that night on...
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,111 Member
    Options
    Machka prayers for both of you! Hoping for the best. Let us know.

Annie in Delaware
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    ❤️🌷💙🐦
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    Machka - thinking of you and your husband.

Tracey
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Machka - thinking of you and your husband, please post when you can.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    KJ I can't even imagine someone just waking me up for a non important reason! They would never, ever, do it again! :o>:) I can be very scary.
    I keep my phone in the other room at night, on charge. I wouldn't hear it as I have earplugs in. If someone did want to rouse me as an emergency they would ring the house phone. My son often has to do that anyway in the day, as I'm often not near my mobile and don't hear it. You may have a setting like Tracey's on your phone, mine has. Only repeat calls get through. I don't use it as hardly anyone ever rings me.
    Done lots of lovely language listening today. My happy place.
    Homemade pizza tonight, with lots of English asparagus. Primitivo wine. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline, Living Trust phone call, watched half of STAS Day 20.
    Bonus: follow up with CU re: beneficiaries update, 92 mins grooming Tumble, “Middle” and stay training sessions, repotted Stinky4, watered the potatoes (Thank you Katla.)
    Get to do: take BP, budget meeting notes, board meeting minutes, dogs to powerline, backup laptop, pick up firehouse mail, keys in envelopes to DH, HD and SM, gas, dog group, laptop to Doug, Freddie’s, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, follow up with Dr re: Joe’s annual charges not covered 100%, watch for refund from Interpath for Joe’s labs paid on Feb statement call S, fire district: ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers).
    Meaningful May:
    8: Set yourself a kindness mission to help other today: grant DG some presence.

(((hugs))) to Beth, Margaret, Vicki, Michele, Rebecca and all who are missing their children, and to KJ, Lisa, Karen in Va, Tracey, and all who are missing their moms this weekend.

Machka prayers for your DH and you. Thankful you were home and could get him into an ambulance

Lisa looked at this year’s results, iron, hemoglobin and T4 all ok so guess I’m just too fat and lazy ;) Living here is a gift absolutely every day in all weather.
    KJ Not to be vengeful, but to provide constructive feed back, I’d wait ‘til I knew Tim (and Colin) were deeply asleep, then wake them. “This is what it feels like. Please remember this before you wake me again.” If you’re reluctant, you could channel your inner Heather :laugh:
    Michele I’ve given up on extra firm tofu in savoury dishes, I just haven’t succeeded in finding a cooking method that yields a satisfactory product. If I’m ever inspired to try tofu again (unlikely at this point) it will be silken tofu in a pudding :laugh:
    Carol were there poisonous snakes in the woods where you played? [shiver/shudder] :noway:
    Debbie hope your eye’s gotten some relief. Would a warm or cool compress help?
    Katla I envy your automatic dripper system, that is what I need. I’m a very inconsistent and lackadaisical gardener, with predictable results. ((hugs)) for you and your old dog.
    Julie I was raised Lutheran so the liturgy and music are both familiar and important. Both congregations are incredibly welcoming. The Episcopalian’s congregation’s and pastor’s ministries/politics are more intellectually appealing. So my compromise is: I’m a member and attend the farther Lutheran church most of the time, but when it’s rainy and blustery I visit the nearer Episcopalians. Hopeful news of the new therapist, sending good thoughts to leaven your sack of flour. ((hugs))
    Heather my phone is charging in the bathroom nearest our bedroom. Even though it’s on silent, calls do cause it to buzz. Good thing. Around 2am one night I was dragged up from deep sleep to its repeated buzzing. It was my SIL who told us to pack up and get out NOW, our neighborhood was surrounded on 3 sides by wildfire. She’d seen the orange and smoky sky when she stepped out onto her back porch to smoke a cigarette, turned on the local news and knew how close the fire was to us. Fortunately the firefighters were able to save our neighborhood but it was REALLY scary driving out with the flames so close.

OK this is the last of my procrastination. I MUST write up those board and budget meeting minutes today, before taking my laptop in to Mr. Fixit. Otherwise I’ll have to figure out how to connect Joe’s laptop to the printer :noway:.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    May: leaner/stronger/kinder than April.
    daily: sit with Joe:7 , weigh/wii: 7/1/14; steps>6362=6368 vits=7, log=7, CI<CO=7, CI<250<CO=6, Tumble=5, Shadow=5, mfp=7, outside=6, up hill=6, clean 10=3.5
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rX x4=1 dance=1, packwalk x2=2,
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30: 141.5 5/2:, 5/9:, 5/16:, 5/23:, 5/30:.
    mnthly: board mtg=, grant=, 21 plan=, waist=42.5
    bonus: AF=6 play=1 sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day!

95yue8o3tu0x.jpg

Cheri

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did Cardio Core Dynamic Core DVD today then went for a walk around the block. I’ve learned that around the block, to the main street and back, and around our cul-de-sac is almost 1-1/2 miles (about 4,000 steps) The plan for tomorrow is to do the Cathe Cardio Mashup DVD

Anne DE – what a nice thing of Craig to do

Debbie – so sorry things at the ophthalmologist didn’t go as you planned, but what a relief that there’s no chance of a detached retina now. So the pain was worth it

Barbara – wish I was swimming. The pool water is in the low 70’s. It seems to warm up a little during the week but then on the weekends it goes back down. I CAN put on the heater for the spa if I need to, but then when you get out the air will really chill you so I really haven’t been doing that. BUT it has been cool enough to string popcorn. Hopefully, that’ll be done and I can go in the pool when it’s ready. Chemically, it’s ready. Weather-wise, it isn’t

M – you are doing the right thing

Beth – (((HUGS))). I know that you’ll get thru this. It will be painful, but you are so very strong

Vince is very worried. Bonnie’s tumor is back. I keep trying to tell him that it’s possible that the chemo medicine is wearing off and she got the next dose today so she will probably start to feel better tomorrow. But he’s still worried

Katla – probably the secret to my plant success would be if I don’t look at it. I swear, I look at a plant and it dies….except for weeds, those I’m very good at growing...lol

Just got back from the soup kitchen. They had egg omelets, bacon and toast. Personally, I would have given them two omelets. I wasn’t impressed with the toast. It was bread that we put butter on and then they put it in the oven. So only the tops got browned. One gal was microwaving the omelets. I’m constantly shocked at how much the people who volunteer there eat! I’m usually good for 2 of the 16oz bottles of water that get donated. The one and only time I had something to eat there was when they had a real sweet cantaloupe.

Rebecca – I totally understand how you feel. Bryan (as usual) isn’t going to contact me at all. Denise will call, but that’s it. No card, nothing. Jess will call. That’s the bright spot. No card from her, but she does call regularly so I’m not concerned. Denise calls every few months now.

Kim CA – what a relief for you and your mom

Rebecca – so glad you got the package. Enjoy!!!!

Debbie – drive safely

Just ordered a jigsaw puzzle to do for Colby and Jess for Christmas

Michele NC

Awe, Jess is your bright spot.💖👍. Patrick is mine, as he sends weekly pics of Athena, and has been the son that asks how I am. He was my Mr. Mom. Even as a small child he'd quietly care for his brother Owain, on Saturday's, letting me sleep in. Of course, I was awake, listening to them interact and Patrick and him "whisper talking". Many mornings I would find Patrick out of his top bunk, and sleeping in Owains single bed. Just too sweet.
    xv6nxnl4ec61.jpeg
    4sxtzgduh8fj.jpeg
    Patrick painted some rocks for Athena💖
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Love my Athena's waterfall hair on the top of her head. Just precious.💖
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :) I keep my phone on the nightstand all night with the sound turned off. I use it for reading if I wake up and can't get back to sleep. It is my alarm clock and wakes me with one or the other of my favorite songs. Jake turns his phone off and puts it on the charger at night so he wouldn't be phoning me. I use my phone for a lot of things but phone calls are the least likely.

<3 Barbie
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Machka - thinking of you and DH
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Machka ~ Prayers!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Machka. ~ you and your husband are in my thoughts. I hope he recovers uneventfully. (((hugs)))

Katla. ~ I hope your old dog is OK.

Cheri. ~ Thanks for the virtual flowers for Mother's Day!

Karen in Virginia
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    Wow im beat.. dropped Alfie off and then Doris and I hit 3 different stores.. my body isnt used to that.. and then we went to lunch,then came back and stopped at Petsmart to pick up stuff..dropped her off and then went and picked up Alfie and came home.
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Machka, sending good thoughts for you and your hubby