WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2021

Options

Replies

• Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Thinking of you and your husband, Machka.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Machka, my thoughts are with you.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Pppp
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Carol - Wow can I see you in your son! What a nice picture.

Kim in N. Califorina
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Cheri: Happy Mothers Day! Your roses are spectacular. :flowerforyou:

Rebecca: Love Athena’s hair! She is a cutie. :smiley:

Peach: The photo of you and your son is wonderful. Happy Mother’s Day! :heart:

Karen: Thank you for thinking of our old dog. He had cancer surgery last fall & he is doing okay for now. Earlier this morning he was anxious and panting. I gave him half of a doggy tranquilizer and it helped. He is more relaxed this afternoon. :flowerforyou:

Machka: Sending good thoughts and prayers for your husband, and also for you. I hope he recovers well enough to continue to do the things that you both enjoy together. :star:

Katla in overcast NW Oregon
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    I had a calorie blowout lunch with my cousin from Florida today. Appetizer and dessert. I may not be able to do my dumbbells tonight. Oh well, I only do this once a season or so.

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of Machka and her DH..
    Im hoping i can sleep well tonight.. I did alot of shopping and walking which i havent done in a long time.
    Alfie is chewing on his new toy .. Happy Boy..
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Mackka prayers!
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Machka
    Healing prayers being sent your way.
    Cheri
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Did Cathe Cardio Mashup DVD then walked around the block. Stopped at a garage sale in our neighborhood and got a few things. Outdoor extension cords (you never know when you need some...lol), clippers for flowers and a couple of packages of the disposable dish wipes. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Pilates for any Body DVD then take a walk. It looks like it’ll be nice weather if cool.

Phones: I have my tablet on “do not disturb” since my phone is usually in my pocketbook in the other room but my tablet is right by the bed.

Katla – Me? Plant seeds? You must have been thinking of someone else. I tried to grow a flower from a seed. It never took. No surprise there. Hope your pooch gets better

Getting yogurt ready to make in the IP. Speaking of the IP, does anyone have the air fryer lid? What are your thoughts. I’m seriously thinking since one of the features is a dehydrating mode. It also has a “bake” and “broil” mode, but I figure I can do that in the oven. But dehydrating fruits? I’m thinking that’d be great. Then the “broil” function might come in handy. If you cook meats, they don’t brown. But then you can put them on “broil” and they’ll brown

M – OMG! Prayers!

Fae – so great to read your posts. I’ve missed you

Barbara – many times I use silken tofu in cakes, brownies, etc as an oil substitute. I’ve never used it in cookies, tho. Good way to cut down on the calories and fat. Glad your SIL got thru to you. How scary!

Rebecca – Athena is so precious. In one sense, I’m jealous.

Cheri – those are probably the only flowers I’ll get. Thank you. Well, I know if I really wanted flowers Vince would get them for me. But to be honest, I would rather have that money put into my landscaping fund. I can live without flowers.

Took the yogurt out of the IP, now it's draining. I usually let it drain overnight.

Michele NC
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    Machka - Sending good thoughts for you both your way.
    Heather: - Hope all went well with GKs today and that Max enjoyed his tent.
    Barbara: 🥰 the beautiful woodland walk.

Too.bushed to write any more tonight.

(((Hugs)))

☘️Terri
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    Machka - prayers for you and DH.

Katla - hope the old pup is doing OK.

DD and I spent most of the afternoon cleaning in the rental cabin. I found a dead mouse and a nest behind the wardrobe. She had used all of the dishes and not washed any of them. The floor was filthy and sticky from something she spilled on it and didn't clean up. DD washed all of the dishes and I got most of the kitchen area cleaned up except for the refrigerator. We will work on it again tomorrow.

Carol - lovely picture of you and your son.

Rebecca - I'm not sure there could be a bad picture of Athena.

Everyone take care Sue in WA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Well we went up to Lils she turned 91 her kids took her out,and our little group of ladies was there to meet them when they got back..
    I had the cake and cookies hidden down here,her son dropped them.off yesterday..
    She was so pleased.. so took a 90 yr old.out today and a 91 yr old tonight...
    Im hoping i sleep well tonight..
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Awe, Michele hugs!

Today had leftover ramen soup with cabbage and a couple of sausage cubed. Then had my bear claw, coffee and about 3 macaroons.
    kg8a7wwr82za.jpeg
    c3gfg63kkv1m.jpeg
    Now feeling ache and really cold! I took a hot shower, its 7:45 pm going to hit the sack!
    Hugs ladies
    Rebecca

• Katla49
    Options
    Machka: I hope the angiography tomorrow gives you good information. I hope it all turns out well enough that you and your DH can enjoy life together. :heart:
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Options
    <3
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Machka My thoughts go out to you and Dh

Barbara thanks for the explanation about the churches liturgy music and intellectual side.