WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2021

Options

Replies

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Today’s better than yesterday. So far anyway...
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,392 Member
    Options
    Machka
    Thank you for letting us know! Hope all goes well with the stent placement if it's necessary... and hope he's doing OK in the hospital. I know it's got to be traumatic for you both... hope you're resting when you can. Thinking of you both.

Second farmer's market yesterday, and it went much better than I had hoped. I took 24 canna lilies, all about six inches high, and sold every one of them. I'll have at least that many ready for next week. Their cost for me is a few cents worth of potting soil and a bit of effort to dig them up and shove them in a pot, so it's well worth it. The aprons weren't a bust, but weren't a hit, exactly. I'll be designing and painting some more that are less my sense of humor and more what people like. I've got a few ideas whirling.

Also cleared a bunch of stuff out of the house this week and last week - I'm looking at everything I walk by these days and trying to decide whether we want to keep it or not. I've cleared a number of things out of my appliance graveyard, like the steamer that was a housewarming gift that we used once and never again, among many others. Also the weirdly shaped bowl that I loved when I bought it for 50 cents at a garage sale three years ago, and was able to sell for $3, and three old, battered suitcases, and the all-elastic sneakers that I really hated, because it felt like someone was hugging my feet all the time.

So I'm minimizing my clutter while maximizing my income, in some ways... and it keeps me from ever having to have another garage sale at my house. Sort of like having a moving sale without having to move. Next week, I'll have more cannas, and the week after, I should have some herbs that are up and thriving. Made enough yesterday to pay for our groceries for the week and then some.
    :smiley:

Came home, and Corey and I went after the big branches that fell on the edge of the house on Monday night during the high winds accompanying the minor tornado. He chainsawed them while I hauled and stacked the cut wood. It will have time to season over the summer and fall, and will probably supply wood for half the winter. And that's only one of the three that went down in the storm that needed dismantling. We were both sweated completely down.

We also need to cut down the other half of the big tree that hit the house, as it is unsightly and dangerous. I'm working on Corey to wait until the son-in-law gets here a week from tomorrow, as it is not a one-man job, and it scares the be-Jesus out of me. One thing we discussed was cutting the trunk to about the six-foot mark, leveling the top, and then building a treehouse on top for the grands. It's the first time I've heard my husband say he enjoys having them here and wants them to come back. Well, that's what I heard, anyway.

Lazy Sunday coming up, maybe a little shopping in town, not much more.

Later y'all,
    Love,
    lisa
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    B)
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Mother's Day!
    Beth- You are on my mind this morning as you are preparing for your Mother's Day address at your church. Big hugs! I am sure your son is listening/watching and very proud of his mama! Sending good thoughts and hugs your way!
    Margaret- You are also in my thoughts as you have lost your son so recently. Missing parents is hard; but I can't even fathom the loss of a child. Sending you much love!
    Hugs to all of the mamas that are in a tough spot with kids or parents. Relationships are so difficult. And our kids, no matter what age, seem to know which buttons to push and how often/how far they can push. God love 'em!
    Machka- So glad hubby has skilled physicians and they have solutions to get him on the road to recovery! Sending healing hugs your way!
    Lisa- So happy your canna lilies sold! What about children's aprons? Or matching parent/child aprons? Display them with a children's cookbook (many great chefs have them) or have a list of cookbooks or websites for parents to access for easy meals to cook with their children. As a grandmother, I would definitely buy this for my grandkids. It is an experience gift, rather than a toy. When my kids were young, we cooked with Emeril Lagasse. Bam!

Weekend highlights! Did my grocery shop on Friday night, after all of the kids went home. I got a lot done in the yard, yesterday. Branches and sticks picked up, front and back lawn mowed (1/4 acre), branches burned. Up early this morning to make Mother's Day Brunch for one of my childcare mama's. Cinnamon rolls in oven, quiche ready to go into the oven, salad tossed and packaged and raspberry dressing made and bottled. Delivery in about an hour. Then the rest of the day is mine to do what I want with it. Might do a little organizing, might do nothing. lol ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Happy Mothers Day to all my american friends.. and to thr ones that have lost both children and moms.. im with you xoxox..
    Lil was glowing last night she was sooo happy...
    Didnt sleep great last night.. and after all the running yesterday thought i would...
    Dont have any plans today so will get some housework done..
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    <3Machka, My husband has stents that have vastly improved the quality of his life. I wish the same for your husband.

:) I got electronic Mothers Day cards from hubby and from pets....also packs of sunflower seeds from the pets. I am excited to plant them. They are among my favourites.

:)Lisa, I admire your energy and your creativity.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Beth what a wonderful tribute to him on Mother's Day! I hope you do more in the future he would be so proud.

Kelly thank you.Plan to do fun things at his house today. Maybe even just sit out on the deck and rest and read the paper. Remember all the love we both poured into this home and Drew.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🐦💙🌷❤️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    Happy moms day. Some of the family, my sis and one brother who is living with mom surprised her with a get together. My sis had one of er daughters and her son, some of their kids and another brothers kid who was the booze supplier. We got mom drunk and that created an emotional apologetic crying mother for treating me the way she did when I was home.
    jjr9vi4phhmh.jpeg
    xb74yrqifei8.jpeg
    x1dmc2mkh05b.jpeg
    6czh2zvmq189.jpeg
    v8inbmzm4gca.jpeg
    3lrk3al1chp6.jpeg
    510tdsaennm7.jpeg
    qadlzky60b9b.jpeg
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Aww Pip- so sorry about what she did to you but maybe just maybe this may start some healing conversation..
    Machka- with you DH head injury maybe he couldnt communicate how he felt...If I can get through 2 heart surgeries..and feel alot better,I am praying for him a speedy recovery...
    Today I am just going to lay low as I am beat from running around yesterday.
    Alfie and I just chillin out
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,211 Member
    Options
    Pip what an emotional Mother's Day you have had. Sometimes there is no explanation. But I'm sending (((HUGS))).

Quiet day. I had one of my rare baths with a lot of exfoliation. :D Feeling very smooth.
    The rest was mainly spent exercising on the machines and watching foreign videos. So got my language revision in. French and Spanish.
    Delicious lunch, spinach and ricotta rolls, and even more delicious dinner of sausage,, sauerkraut and cabbage. Heaven.

Thinking of Machka, Beth, Pip, Margaret and the other women who are grieving or sad.

I'm happy that my best friend has managed to get on her train back to York. Most of the trains are out of action because they have discovered cracks. Utter chaos. Her train is crowded, but she is relieved. Lots of messages and texts.

Our council, elections, and by elections are causing afterquakes. One friend lives in Scotland and spent two days glued to the TV. We only had a Police and Crime Commissioner to elect. Not hugely exciting, but we did vote. I did not vote along party lines, but for whom I thought was the best candidate. We had no info as to who they were. I had to research it painstakingly on Google. Very annoying. :# But we did our civic duty.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• Katla49
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Machka: Prayers for you and your DH. :heart: Regarding Rhody— I think he may be anxious and want attention. :flowerforyou:

Sue: Our old pup is getting along pretty well these days. Yesterday he was experiencing some discomfort, so we gave him half of a doggy tranquilizer. He calmed down and had a good day. He’s still doing well today. :smile:

Allie: You are a thoughtful and kindhearted woman. I bet Lil appreciated the celebration with cake and cookies. :flowerforyou:

Lisa: Building a treehouse for the grands to play in when they visit is a fun idea. :bigsmile:

Margaret: I hope you are able to enjoy spending a bit of time at your son’s house today. Planning fun things there is a wonderful idea. :heart:

(((Pip))): You deserved better from your mom for all of those years. Maybe she will woman-up and ask for forgiveness. For today, enjoy your camping trip. :flowerforyou:

Heather: Congratulations on researching potential Police and Crime Commissioner candidates for office. Voting is important. You have done your civic duty. :star:

DH is currently sleeping in his chair. I don’t think he is feeling well today. I hope the day will improve for him. Maybe lunch will help.

Katla in NW Oregon

• grandmallie
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Watching PBS Lydia's kitchen and relaxinf with Alfie...
    I feel bad i didnt go to cook out but was so tired today..
    Go to the kidney Dr tomorrow.. im hoping I dont get any more bad news
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Katla49
    Options
    <3o:);)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Did Pilates for Any Body DVD then took a walk around the neighborhood. Work tomorrow so no formal exercise.

Although we were registered for ceramics tomorrow night, I found out last night that they are having mahjongg online and I was asked if I would like to go. After the stink I put up earlier, I’d better go.

M - (((HUGS)))

Garage sales – I don’t like having them. Takes too much time to price everything, get permits, display things. I’d much rather donate my stuff. Then I have to be sure I have enough stuff for a decent sale, and I usually don’t.

Happy Mother’s Day

Pete just changed the weekend when we can see PJ AGAIN! This is the second time I’ll have to change it at Food Lion. First we were going to go on Memorial Day weekend, then the weekend of the 11th, now he wants us to come up on the 2nd . We’d stay until the 7th. I think he thinks that being retired we can just drop everything at any minute. No...we need to make plans. And Vince is giving me a hard time again about the cats. We’d have to have someone come in maybe 3x/day to take care of them. Or at least Vince thinks so. I say we just have her come less frequently, give all the medicine maybe twice/day. And if the cats don’t get the wet food...they won’t fall apart. To me, the grandchild should trump a cat every time. Cat’s are like family members. But at the end of the day, they are a pet.

Got things ready for the Salvation Army Tuesday. We’ll go for Vince’s allergy shot, then stop at the SA to make a donation and for me to go in the store.

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Other- vacuum, dust , 2hrs 55min 12sec, = 820c
    Zwift bike trainer - 30.45min, 89elev,21.8amph, 119ahr, 151mhr, 11 .19mi= 237c
    Strava app = 305c.

Total cal 1057
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    <3