June 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• pabmac
    pabmac Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Very hilly with over 5,000 feet of elevation and the terrain was mainly hiking paths/fell running, running on rocks, through bog, water and long grass.

Wow to all of this, and this sounds absolutely gorgeous! I’d love to run an ultra one day 🥲
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    @yirara That sounds like a PIA (pain in the *kitten*)!
    Which Garmin watch is it?
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,393 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »

The Garmin fenix 6 Pro range. Of course Garmin is totally unresponsive. This whole development team seems to be kitten (it's not the cats' fault!), considering they had to pull the previous firmware as it drained the batteries in 1-3 days flat. And now this. Argh!
  • pfeiferlindsey
    pfeiferlindsey Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    In for 110 miles :smile: I have a half on July 10, so final push to be race ready.

June 2 - 5.27 miles

June Goal - 110 miles
    Miles to go - 104.73 miles

June 3 - 4.35 miles of speed work.

Total for June - 9.62 miles
    June Goal - 110 miles
    Miles to go - 100.38 miles

I have had a crazy few days and will have to catch up with this thread later. :smile:

June 5 - 3.11 miles
    June 6 - 12 miles

Total for June - 24.73 miles
    June Goal - 110 miles
    Miles to go - 85.27 miles

I'm in the homestretch of my Spring Start Challenge. 12 weeks, 500 km. I have just over 16 miles to knock out by Saturday. Not to mention the half on July 10. Just have to keep plugging away.

June 8 - 6.23 miles
    Total for June - 30.96 miles
    June Goal - 110 miles
    Miles to go - 79.04 miles

Awesome! Was able to knock out 7 miles this morning.

June 9 - 7.07 miles
    Total for June - 38.03 miles
    June Goal - 110 miles
    Miles to go - 71.97 miles

June 11 - 6.22 miles
    Total for June - 44.25 miles
    June Goal - 110 miles
    Miles to go - 65.75 miles

Happy to say that I finished up my challenge this morning. 500 km in 12 weeks. It pushed me way past my comfort zone and honestly, there were days I was not sure I'd finish in time. But, I kept telling myself it wasn't over until it was over and to keep pressing on.

June 12 - 3.66 miles
    Total for June - 47.91 miles
    June Goal - 110 miles
    Miles to go - 62.09 miles

June 13 - 3.12 miles
    Total for June - 51.03 miles
    June Goal -110 miles
    Miles to go - 58.97 miles
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »

The Garmin fenix 6 Pro range. Of course Garmin is totally unresponsive. This whole development team seems to be kitten (it's not the cats' fault!), considering they had to pull the previous firmware as it drained the batteries in 1-3 days flat. And now this. Argh!

Oh no, I have a fenix 6s Pro.... I will make sure I don't download the latest firmware...
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,393 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »

Oh no, I have a fenix 6s Pro.... I will make sure I don't download the latest firmware...

The *kitten* accelerator one is 16.70. The previous firmware with the battery drain was ... I think 16:40, but they pulled it. I went back to 15.20, which seems to be the previous official release. Mind you, not everyone had the battery drain issue nor has the pace issue. People who don't live in a place with lots of bending roads, who don't do trail runs or can keep a pace perfectly well mostly seem to be fine. Which means that people which live in European cities, not perfect runners and those that don't run on wide roads without vegetation might be screwed :D
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »

The *kitten* accelerator one is 16.70. The previous firmware with the battery drain was ... I think 16:40, but they pulled it. I went back to 15.20, which seems to be the previous official release. Mind you, not everyone had the battery drain issue nor has the pace issue. People who don't live in a place with lots of bending roads, who don't do trail runs or can keep a pace perfectly well mostly seem to be fine. Which means that people which live in European cities, not perfect runners and those that don't run on wide roads without vegetation might be screwed :D

I'm o. 16.70 I haven't noticed any issues but I run on the road in the middle of a suburb so probably why I haven't had an issue. I've noticed a few odd paces from time to time, usually at the beginning of a lap, so fingers crossed I'm OK.

Maybe I need to go on trails to test it out...
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic, thank you and yes not a problem.

This was my first official ultra marathon race, I have previously ran two Ultra's but I did these on my own whilst our country (UK) was in lockdown. I ran 31.45 miles with a time of 8 hours 9 minutes and I came 73rd out of 136 who finished and was 5th out of 12 Females in my age group (40 years).

I really enjoyed it and it was nice to run with people, as 99% of my running is done alone on trails/mountain.

Very hilly with over 5,000 feet of elevation and the terrain was mainly hiking paths/fell running, running on rocks, through bog, water and long grass.

I chose not to take hiking poles as I have a tendency not to eat and drink enough whilst on long runs so being 'pole free' meant I (roughly) followed my plan of eating and drinking every 5 miles.

I enjoyed so much I have mapped out a trail marathon local to me, which I am hoping to run next month. Won't be as hilly, with around 2,500 feet of Elevation, but I want to get used to being on my feet for longer periods and if possible to improve my pace.

That's fantastic @sweetdaisy13! 5000 ft of elevation, wow. Great job and great time and placement! So glad you enjoyed it as well. I'm very impressed with ultra running and that kind of endurance and fortitude. Well done.

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    6/1 - 3.36 miles, easy effort (45 mins Z2)
    6/2 - 3.23 miles, tempo run (25 mins Z4 w/7.5 min warm-up/cool-down)
    6/3 - 3.32 miles, easy effort (45 mins Z2)
    6/4 - 3.35 miles, sprint intervals (12 x 45 secs w/1:45 recovery and 7.5 min warm-up/cool-down)
    6/6 - 6.76 miles, long run (90 mins Z2, 5 mins Z3)
    6/7 - 3.36 miles, easy effort (45 mins Z2)
    6/8 - 3.33 miles, easy effort (45 mins Z2)
    6/9 - 3.63 miles, tempo run (30 mins Z4 w/7.5 min warm-up/cool-down)
    6/10 - 3.40 miles, easy effort (45 mins Z2)
    6/11 - 2.43 miles, sprint intervals (12 x 30 secs with 1 min recovery and 7.5 min warm-up/cool-down)
    6/13 - 8.93 miles, long run (90 mins Z2, 30 min Z3 finish)
    6/14 - 3.41 miles, easy effort (45 mins Z2)
    6/15 - 3.42 miles, easy effort (45 mins Z2)

Total: 51.93 miles
    Goal: 105 miles
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    6/3 – 3.11
    6/4 – 3.02
    6/5 – 5.15 biking (not counted in miles)
    6/6 – 1.29 with pups
    6/7 – 3.02
    6/7 – 1.02 with pups
    6/10 – 4.02
    6/10 – 3.01 Fleet Feet Fun run
    6/11 – 1.06 with pups
    6/14 – 3.02
    6/15 – 5.05 biking (not counted in miles)

21.49 of 60 miles

@katharmonic tiring but beautiful hike

@yirara sorry about the Garmin giving you issues. So frustrating

@pfeiferlindsey great job
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    @martaindale honestly I can relate. It's only been about a month and a half and I jogged a full 20 min this morning ..ask me a month ago (or even a week ago) when all this started and I wouldn't have believed I would have run my block let alone continuously three times over. It's crazy how much more capable I am.

@AlphaHowls I am honestly so excited for the day I just get up to run for the heck of it. Just go. I think it's the first time In my life I can actually see myself there in the future

@rheddmobile sending hugs your way