Less Alcohol ~ JUNE 2021 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Still on vacation … first girls trip with my mom & sis. 1 margarita at Rolando’s in Hot Springs plus 2 glasses wine in the evening while playing skipbo cards & spinner dominos as well as going outside to watch the sun set. Last evening before we head home.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    AF yesterday at home. We enjoy the sense of calmness and well-being.

We're eating 2 meals a day and trying for no snacking. So far it's working to cut the appetite.I started a routine of squirting lemon into my water and making sure I get in 2 large glasses in the morning hours before I eat my early lunch. It's supposed to have some beneficial alkalinizing effect. Anyways, let's see if it does something magical to help me de-puff.

Woke up today and my skin was more luminous, not sure if it was the lemon but I like it.

I am in search of a secret for aging hair (why is it getting a crinkly texture???)...if anyone has a tip, please share :)
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,570 Member
    Options
    @globalhiker

Yes, our hair certainly gets more coarse! Argan Oil?

I saw Busy Philips talking on TV, she was in New York where it was 80 degrees and she felt like she couldn't even walk across the street - the humidity was too much for her. She is from Arizona originally where the 100+ heat never bothered her.
    I thought of you right away as you are starting to think about moving somewhere else perhaps with more moisture in the air. I am sure that you will research and go and spend 2 weeks in the height of summer and 2 weeks in the coldest of the winter before making your choice of locations.

We are 100-107 here for the next week. My peppers and tomatoes will love it as long as I can keep them hydrated.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,570 Member
    Options
    @Lilylady3k

Love love love your photos!!!
    Seems like it was a wonderful time on your girls trip. So glad that you did it.

Hey, maybe that is a nice spot for @globalhiker to move to : - )