Less Alcohol ~ JUNE 2021 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy that is hot for the houses that don't have A/C. I've never been to Victoria. If it's too hot, suppose one can drive over to the other end (Ucluelet and Tofino) or jump in the water. It was very cold in July on that side when I went. My car read 111, not bad for here yet, wait till July when it reads 119. Time for Canada to open up the border please :)
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,590 Member
    Options
    lmlmrn wrote: »
    @dawnbgethealthy I am south of you about3 hours from Blaine. I saw 103 today in my car! Please stay hydrated

Just a quick fly by tonight AF, yeah

I am not on Vancouver Island, I am 12 hours East of there, pretty close to the Alberta border. @globalhiker had been asking if Vancouver Island was cooler. It wasn't yesterday. Cooler than here for sure, but it always is in the summer. Still, 91 doesn't seem very cool.

You are in a gorgeous spot, coastal? Everett? You must get weather very similar to Vancouver.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Hi : - )

My goal is 16-20 AF days per month.
    Diary Style.

Monday June 21 - Drinks. I had a quarter of the second can of Gin Smash to start, didn't like it as much as the other variety, it was a bit too sweet, couldn't taste the Gin enough. Planned drinks for Friday.
    Tuesday June 22 - AF - Felt a bit fuzzy this morning after having a few drinks last night.
    Wednesday June 23 - AF - I feel like having a couple of drinks, but am going to resist. An unexpected extra shift at the restaurant tonight, make hay while the sun shines and all of that. Happy to hit my 16AF : - )
    Thursday June 24 - 2 drinks. Didn't make it to Friday, but all good.
    Friday June 25 - Drinks. Took the 3/4 of a can of the Gin Smash over to my friend's place when we were both finished work and split it with her. So 3/4 / 2 = ??? 3/8ths? Then had 2 drinks when I got home, so 2 3/8ths drinks.
    Saturday June 26 - AF - My first full day off since May 14th. I would have done Census, but didn't get a new list, hence an entire day off! I was so behind in everything. I worked my tail off in the yard and made some good progress even though we are having a heatwave.
    Sunday June 27 - AF - On Saturday my friend brought me a couple of cans of the Gin Smash flavour that I liked when she was up in Kimberley getting her hair cut (the only place to get it apparently). They are in the fridge. I really felt like having one after work and then what yard work I could manage in the blazing heat. I resisted, they aren't going anywhere. Maybe tomorrow or the next day.
    Monday June 28 - AF - Very hot here, 105F for the next few days. Today after work I pretty much retreated straight to the basement instead of having a cool cocktail on the porch. Invited to a friend's for after work cocktails tomorrow.

Rolling Total - 19AF days out of 28 days.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @mainelylisa

My head is still spinning after watching that hammock video. It made me dizzy!!
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    16 Days AF for June.

2 big matches for me tonight Sweden (my adopted country) vs Ukraine and England vs Germany. :#

However, I won't be using them as an excuse to have a celebratory/consolation drink :D

I've realised reading a lot of your posts that quitting/cutting down on something can make you quite introspective.

This in turn has made me realise how often I've looked for an "excuse" to have a drink. Food for thought for me.

Enjoy your Tuesday!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,609 Member
    Options

I am in search of a secret for aging hair (why is it getting a crinkly texture???)...if anyone has a tip, please share :)

Beat your hair into submission with product! Haha! Seriously as we age and our hair gets gray, the texture becomes more coarse. Frequent conditioning helps, as does the Argan oil products listed above. I use A little bit of Bed Head Manipulator once my hair is dry, and it smooths everything down.
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    @mainelylisa amazing picture. I love running by the water.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @mainelylisa - Beautiful pic and looks like a great place for a run. Thanks for the comment about the Sharon Stone article I'll check it out. Just read last night one on Jennifer Aniston and she mentioned that she intermittently fasts skipping breakfast drinking coffee only, pilates now that she hurt her back, and her love of running.
    My legs are not in shape at age 60 but then again I can't run yet at this weight ... too hard on my knees. I have a goal to begin running when I get my weight back under 200lbs.

@dawnbgethealthy - I tried the Crude bitters last night with club soda and lime ... NOT the same as it would taste with a little rum and pineapple juice. Oh well. Thinking I need to find some of those non alcoholic beers but I've not found them at the grocery.

Those that like hard Cider ... my sister fell in love with one when we were in Arkansas. Black Apple Cherry Limeade Cider. I stuck to a single regular beer at that lunch last week.

@Womona - Newport! Fun to get with old friends and celebrate ... creating many new memories. Thanks for the Bead Head tip. I have a good friend that uses it. I'm using Moroccanoil Treatment Oil regularly after washing my hair and sometimes a little when it is dry. My kids are amazed. I had really frizzy hair when I use to dye my hair. Now that I'm retired I gave up dying my hair and let it go silver ... sort of platinum blond and it is straighter and smoother than it ever was in my lifetime. The dying of my hair was making the gray drier and kinkier.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Planning 2 glasses of French Chablis (white wine) with dinner this evening. Eggplant Pomodoro w/ Angel Hair Pasta :).
    https://eatingwell.com/recipe/249924/eggplant-pomodoro-pasta/