Less Alcohol ~ JUNE 2021 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Steak night … 2 glasses of red wine plus 4 glasses of water.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,570 Member
    Options
    Hi : - )

My goal is 16-20 AF days per month.
    Diary Style.

Monday June 21 - Drinks. I had a quarter of the second can of Gin Smash to start, didn't like it as much as the other variety, it was a bit too sweet, couldn't taste the Gin enough. Planned drinks for Friday.
    Tuesday June 22 - AF - Felt a bit fuzzy this morning after having a few drinks last night.
    Wednesday June 23 - AF - I feel like having a couple of drinks, but am going to resist. An unexpected extra shift at the restaurant tonight, make hay while the sun shines and all of that. Happy to hit my 16AF : - )
    Thursday June 24 - 2 drinks. Didn't make it to Friday, but all good.
    Friday June 25 - Drinks. Took the 3/4 of a can of the Gin Smash over to my friend's place when we were both finished work and split it with her. So 3/4 / 2 = ??? 3/8ths? Then had 2 drinks when I got home, so 2 3/8ths drinks.
    Saturday June 26 - AF - My first full day off since May 14th. I would have done Census, but didn't get a new list, hence an entire day off! I was so behind in everything. I worked my tail off in the yard and made some good progress even though we are having a heatwave.

Rolling Total - 17AF days out of 26 days.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    This is a bottle of the hair oil.
    I love that it has a sprayer.

pn905n8fj4pf.png

• Lilylady3k
    edited June 2021
    Options
    2 glasses of an unusual French white wine with dinner.

eb9pl2a6zkz5.jpeg
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Hi : - )

My goal is 16-20 AF days per month.
    Diary Style.

Monday June 21 - Drinks. I had a quarter of the second can of Gin Smash to start, didn't like it as much as the other variety, it was a bit too sweet, couldn't taste the Gin enough. Planned drinks for Friday.
    Tuesday June 22 - AF - Felt a bit fuzzy this morning after having a few drinks last night.
    Wednesday June 23 - AF - I feel like having a couple of drinks, but am going to resist. An unexpected extra shift at the restaurant tonight, make hay while the sun shines and all of that. Happy to hit my 16AF : - )
    Thursday June 24 - 2 drinks. Didn't make it to Friday, but all good.
    Friday June 25 - Drinks. Took the 3/4 of a can of the Gin Smash over to my friend's place when we were both finished work and split it with her. So 3/4 / 2 = ??? 3/8ths? Then had 2 drinks when I got home, so 2 3/8ths drinks.
    Saturday June 26 - AF - My first full day off since May 14th. I would have done Census, but didn't get a new list, hence an entire day off! I was so behind in everything. I worked my tail off in the yard and made some good progress even though we are having a heatwave.
    Sunday June 27 - AF - On Saturday my friend brought me a couple of cans of the Gin Smash flavour that I liked when she was up in Kimberley getting her hair cut (the only place to get it apparently). They are in the fridge. I really felt like having one after work and then what yard work I could manage in the blazing heat. I resisted, they aren't going anywhere. Maybe tomorrow or the next day.

Rolling Total - 18AF days out of 27 days.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @globalhiker

Yes, I think that Vancouver Island is generally cooler because of the Ocean. They do golf there year round, so it is temperate.
    It is hot where I live all summer.

I don't know if you would think that this was cool enough though:

Right now, 91

cpnbv60zhwd7.png

• lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy I am south of you about3 hours from Blaine. I saw 103 today in my car! Please stay hydrated

Just a quick fly by tonight AF, yeah
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Alsace wine is pretty much like German wine in the growing conditions, zone, and flavour.

There was a woman on another forum who lives in Alsace, where people speak both French and German.

I am sure that you have had Alsace or other Rhine wines in the past. How did you like this one?

I don't drink white wine, which has saved me many times when trying to have a visit with my friend (who drinks white wine every day so has it on hand) and being offered some. Easy to say no, because I don't like it.
    She also keeps red on hand, but I have become intolerant to red wine over the last year and a bit, so no temptation there either.
    I used to enjoy a Bordeaux, Pinot Noir (Burgundy or Oregon), Amarone, Syrah, Barolo, ...all dependent on the time of day and the food pairings. I could never get into the Riojas.

These days I am getting into AF beer lol. I may have had a cold beer on a summer day very rarely through the years (something indistinct like Corona) , and now I am kind of getting into the flavour and fizz of beer but with no alcohol, very low calories, and no hangover.
    I find all other mocktails just make me want the real thing more. Perhaps because Beer was never my drink NA beer doesn't trigger me.
  • Lilylady3k
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Alsace wine is pretty much like German wine in the growing conditions, zone, and flavour.

There was a woman on another forum who lives in Alsace, where people speak both French and German.

I am sure that you have had Alsace or other Rhine wines in the past. How did you like this one?

@dawnbgethealthy - The Alsace was refreshing, light & not sweet ... great for the summer heat and an evening meal of shrimp, avocado, tomato salad! I thought it might be more like a German Riesling but it was not. Nor was it like a Chardonnay. It is unique and inexpensive ~$10 / bottle.

https://savorytooth.com/shrimp-avocado-salad/