Less Alcohol ~ JUNE 2021 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    That is a nice recipe @Lilylady3k
    I find sometimes that if I don't have meat in my food that I am still hungry. Depends on what it is I guess.
    I do use Yves in Chili and that is filling. Falafels I find filling. Beans are filling.
    @MissMay really likes the Heineken00 for an AF beer. That one should be easy to find.

@dawnbgethealthy - You could easily add sauteed shrimp or chicken or even maybe white beans to the eggplant recipe if you wanted more protein. I found it very filling ... probably because I've not hand much if any pasta in the past month!
    Thanks for the reminder of the Heineken00 ... wondering if my grocery stores separate the AF beer. hmmm need to explore or go over to my local SPECS liquor store.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,554 Member
    Options
    HELLO well the last day of June. Woo hoo.
    Only 4 more witching hours left for me before I go to bed. I am already calling it AF.

Got my 23 days alcohol free. Would have liked to have kept within my goal limit on two of the days that I strayed...oh gee, but what the heck? I can make up for it in JULY.

Which brings us to this, the link to our JULY LESS ALCOHOL 2021 thread.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10837255/less-alcohol-july-2021-one-day-at-a-time/p1?new=1

Thanks to EVERYONE that participates and makes us a great support group. 💜💜💜

See you on the July thread.👀
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your thoughts, @Lilylady3k. And for the tip!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,609 Member
    Options
    @Womona
    What is the news with your boat? Have you been out on it much? Could we see a photo? : - )

The wind is not cooperating! Our sweet spot is between 3-9 knots, and it’s been closer to 13 and that’s too much for my little boat. Plus this weekend it’s raining. So I’m chomping at the bit! As soon as I get a good picture I will post it!
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    Change of plans and we dined out at an Italian restaurant this evening. 2 glasses of red wine.

Wrapping it up for June! July will be a challenge given that DH, my sister and mom will all be at the camp for 5 nights. We head that way tomorrow.

June accountability: 12/30 days AF
    Alcohol: 18 days (42 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

6/1 - AF
    6/2 - 2 wine
    6/3 - 5 … 1 beer + 3 wine + 1 Benedictine @ New Orleans
    6/4 - 4 … 3 wine + 1 Whiskey Diet Coke @ New Orleans
    6/5 - 4 … 1 whiskey sour + 3 wine @ Wedding in Natchez
    6/6 - 2 wine
    6/7 - AF
    6/8 - AF
    6/9 - AF
    6/10 - AF
    6/11 - 1 wine @ 1 year anniversary party for goddaughter
    6/12 - 1 wine
    6/13 - AF
    6/14 - AF
    6/15 - 1 wine
    6/16 - AF @ Book Club
    6/17 - 2 wine (SKIPPED ZTA Sisters Unwine'd @ Unwine’d Wine & Cheese Lounge)
    6/18 - 2 margaritas @ Another celebration for DD. Fiesta planned in 2020 before her wedding that had to be postponed. The 9 couples (friends of my son in law’s mom) hosting are insisting on a party to celebrate their wedding as well as an excuse to party and get together after a year of the pandemic.
    6/19 - AF
    6/20 - 2 wine
    6/21 - AF @ Book Club
    6/22 - 1 wine @ Girls Road Trip w/ mom & sis
    6/23 - 4 … 1 beer + 3 wine @ Girls Road Trip w/ mom & sis
    6/24 - 3 … 1 margarita + 2 wine @ Girls Road Trip w/ mom & sis
    6/25 - AF
    6/26 - 2 wine
    6/27 - 2 wine
    6/28 - AF
    6/29 - 2 wine
    6/30 - 2 wine
  • Lilylady3k
    edited July 2021
    Options
    I did find some Heineken 0.0 and picked up a few bottles this evening at the grocery store. This is a picture at SPECS of what their options are for non-alcohol beer while we were buying 6 bottles of wine.

Carbs are still a killer on non-alcohol beer.

Anyone suggest trying one of these?

ed082kcfvcr8.jpeg
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,609 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn is so hard to get that generation to accept help, even when they clearly need it. Also they tend to be way too frugal to hire out (exhibit A is my late father!). I feel your pain. Glad she is amenable to having the neighbor help with the deep cleaning. What a relief.
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    @Lilylady3k Thank you for sharing your story of your mom. Today was another day of cleaning but I must say it is complete. Bonus....she agreed to talk to the neighbor and see how she uses to her home.

Wow June is ending, I did not do as well this month as I have in the previous two but I made the choice. The drinks were mindful not the mindless. So for this June was a success for me
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,585 Member
    Options
    Hi : - )

My goal is 16-20 AF days per month.
    Diary Style.

Monday June 21 - Drinks. I had a quarter of the second can of Gin Smash to start, didn't like it as much as the other variety, it was a bit too sweet, couldn't taste the Gin enough. Planned drinks for Friday.
    Tuesday June 22 - AF - Felt a bit fuzzy this morning after having a few drinks last night.
    Wednesday June 23 - AF - I feel like having a couple of drinks, but am going to resist. An unexpected extra shift at the restaurant tonight, make hay while the sun shines and all of that. Happy to hit my 16AF : - )
    Thursday June 24 - 2 drinks. Didn't make it to Friday, but all good.
    Friday June 25 - Drinks. Took the 3/4 of a can of the Gin Smash over to my friend's place when we were both finished work and split it with her. So 3/4 / 2 = ??? 3/8ths? Then had 2 drinks when I got home, so 2 3/8ths drinks.
    Saturday June 26 - AF - My first full day off since May 14th. I would have done Census, but didn't get a new list, hence an entire day off! I was so behind in everything. I worked my tail off in the yard and made some good progress even though we are having a heatwave.
    Sunday June 27 - AF - On Saturday my friend brought me a couple of cans of the Gin Smash flavour that I liked when she was up in Kimberley getting her hair cut (the only place to get it apparently). They are in the fridge. I really felt like having one after work and then what yard work I could manage in the blazing heat. I resisted, they aren't going anywhere. Maybe tomorrow or the next day.
    Monday June 28 - AF - Very hot here, 105F for the next few days. Today after work I pretty much retreated straight to the basement instead of having a cool cocktail on the porch. Invited to a friend's for after work cocktails tomorrow.
    Tuesday June 29 - AF - I stopped very briefly at my friend's place after work who had invited me for cocktails. I left the car running with the A/C on. I did not feel well all day today, the heat has done a number on me and also on my sleep. I started out to do Census early this morning, but it was already 27C (let me convert that) 80.6 at 8am. 100 here now at 9pm. I told my Statistics Canada boss that I would not be working for her the rest of the week. Double masking, cloudless sunny sky - can't do it. The heat gave me nausea and a headache and I feel exhausted. It was super nice to be at work at the restaurant today in the A/C. Alcohol didn't seem like a good idea today. I may take 1/2 of a sleeping pill tonight and go to bed with my Frozen Magic Bag and a fan. Happy to hit 20AF days of course : - )
    Wednesday June 30 - I intended to have a couple of drinks tonight watching the hockey game, but I was offered an extra shift at the restaurant for tomorrow, so abstained tonight in favour of feeling good for my split shift and working in the evening instead of going to bed early as usual.

Rolling Total - 21AF days out of 30 days. Pleased with that.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,585 Member
    Options
    @Lilylady3k
    The carbs and calories really vary with all of those NA beers. I had one that was 10 calories and one that was 70 calories. I think that the Beck's is pretty good, and any of the German ones.