July 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,972 Member
    Options
    @AlphaHowls Those are getting pretty worn. Glad you have some ready to take over. Also glad to hear you won't lose your streak. I hope you don't lose the HM streak either.

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @Orphia and @WandaVaughn
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,442 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @Orphia and @WandaVaughn!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    Hello, this is my first time doing this challenge. :smiley: I want to do the half-marathon at Disney Wine & Dine in 2022!

I did the Wine and Dine HM a couple of years ago. It was my first HM and was so much fun! I saw that runDisney is restarting soon and I can't wait to go back. Those races are such a good time. I asked for time off for the princess HM in Feb 2022 and I'm going to try to get a registration spot. Fingers crossed.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options

Wednesday was hot and humid and I actually ended up feeling a little faint afterwards,

This happens to me too in the summer. I think mine is largely a vasovagal reaction to going from the extreme heat and humidity to my nice air conditioned house. I have to take laps in my house for another 5 minutes or so until my body temp comes down so my BP can slowly recover rather than plummeting. Otherwise, I just end up on the floor with my feet in a chair. :/
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Unscheduled rest day for me today. I woke up last night to use the restroom, and wound up suddenly feeling hot, sweaty, light-headed and actually fainted. I wound up unhurt, but was a little shaken by it. This morning I didn't feel like running after that event last night but I also felt fine so I made myself do it. I actually dressed and headed out to run. But my heart rate was bouncing around quite a bit in that first 1/4 mile. So I stopped and went home. My pulse seems OK by 3 different readings (one manual). I think my HRV is high though. One indicator of that is that Garmin's body battery score stopped recharging at the time of the incident last night and started going down, even with some more sleep. The other is a pulse oximiter I have that shows a graph of my heart rate. I feel fine so I really can't explain it. But I'm just going to take today and tomorrow off and see how things go.

Errr please please get this checked out. Seriously. The need to use the bathroom followed by a faint is serious. It's a vasovagal response telling you something is wrong and I'm seriously worried. I've lost enough friends here, I don't want to lose more.
    Please get checked out now. Like go to the ER and tell them what happened.

It could be a heart attack