July 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,442 Member
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning glad you are feeling better, and glad you made the call to go to the ER.
    Take it easy until you hear from your Dr. Be smart 🤓
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    July Goal: 100 Miles

7/1: 6.26 miles
    7/2: 2.25 miles

8.51/109  miles completed for July

I got out for a quick 2 miles today. I was planning to walk since it is a rest day, but I wanted to run, so I did. I just ran to the park and back, so it was an uneventful run, but it was nice and I did see lots of hummingbirds.  I really like when it isn't dark for the run. I was even a little speedier than the last couple of days.  It's easier to go faster in the heat on shorter distances.

@whatmerunning I'm glad you went to get checked out. I hope you don't have anymore issues.

exercise.png

2021 Races:
    4/24/21: Run For The Children 10K PR 55:46:28.
    11/6/21: Run For 57th AHC Half Marathon
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,972 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart Those people don't have a pet skunk, do they? I bet it's a female with a den nearby and it's going "home."

Glad you are back and doing better @Orphia !

@penguinmama87 Glad you found a race you could fit into your family's busy schedule. Not sure what to say about feeling faint, unless you were dehydrated or not fueled enough. Hope it doesn't happen again.

@Teresa502 I have been to the top of Grandfather Mountain. It is really beautiful, but not sure I could run any of it. It's really steep, so good luck with that. I look forward to seeing how it goes. At least it should be pretty cool that time of day. And, I do have some really special neighbors!

Good to hear that you had a great vacation @martaindale !

@RunsOnEspresso You're right on schedule to meet your year goal. Congrats!

@WhatMeRunning I'm glad you weren't hurt when you fainted and glad you went to the ER. Do they have a solution for you?

Sounds like a great day @polskagirl01 !

@granitepeak45 Probably a good idea to take today off. Enjoy your hike.

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,442 Member
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary yep, add me to the list of 'real runner' too 💩 It is such a terrible feeling. Glad you made it home.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,972 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised you were cleared to run too @WhatMeRunning . But, since you got the diagnosis you did, I guess you're good unless you stop to pee. :blush:

@Avidkeo Interesting facts. I've never heard of swallow syncope. Glad that was a one time event.

@Pbmac Staying healthy and injury free always trumps an arbitrary km/mile goal. Hope it feels better today.

Hahaha @ContraryMaryMary Glad you made it home. I didn't once and that's not fun! Guess I can be added to the "real runner" list too. :wink: Glad your run was a great one.

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary I've definitely looped back home for 💩 before.