What irks you today?

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    @tmanfive Your points, as ever, are well taken. (...commence disagrees...) It's not that easy being a guy these days. And, thank you for the compliment! As for you @cowsfan12 I can only claim a slight resemblance since I'm nowhere near as intrepid.

Now, @LoveyChar, if your daughter's interested, I've got a similarly nasty teen boy. We set up our kids on a blind date, they repulse each other with their disgusting habits and decide to live like the civilized people their families raised them to be. Just shooting out ideas; I'm open to other suggestions too... except cleaning it up myself. That's a hard pass 🙅🏿‍♀️🤣
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    When people text me paragraphs when the point could’ve gotten across in one sentence but it’s probably me not them I have the attention span of a leaf due to my adhd.

But really if you have so much to say just call.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    @tmanfive Your points, as ever, are well taken. (...commence disagrees...) It's not that easy being a guy these days. And, thank you for the compliment! As for you @cowsfan12 I can only claim a slight resemblance since I'm nowhere near as intrepid.

Now, @LoveyChar, if your daughter's interested, I've got a similarly nasty teen boy. We set up our kids on a blind date, they repulse each other with their disgusting habits and decide to live like the civilized people their families raised them to be. Just shooting out ideas; I'm open to other suggestions too... except cleaning it up myself. That's a hard pass 🙅🏿‍♀️🤣

Sounds like a great plan to me!
  • LoveyChar
    tmanfive wrote: »
    ^ tru.dat.

I slept in a sleeping bag on my bed because it was easier rolling it up than making me bed.

Strict in my house too.

Edit…. If I didn’t make the bed I lost my bedding.

Come to think of it. I lost my bedroom door, literally off the hinges, for a messy room. 🤷🏼‍♂️

She better be glad I don't know where to find a screwdriver. Oh wait, that's probably in her room too! 😒
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    edited July 2021
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    When people text me paragraphs when the point could’ve gotten across in one sentence but it’s probably me not them I have the attention span of a leaf due to my adhd.

But really if you have so much to say just call.

So, to sum it up, women?

I doubt a call would go better.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,006 Member
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    Went to look for something in my daughter's room, she's been with her dad for past week and a half. Room is am absolute pig stye.

Glitter and crumbs are everywhere and on everything. Found teaspoons, towels and many more things that are mine/household use, cut up cardboard she's used for crafting and junk, junk, junk. There's change, yarn, beads, hair brushes, fifty tubes of lipgloss and cosmetics and bottles of nail polish just thrown everywhere or jammed everywhere. Child has everything she's ever asked for and more. Such a pig, I'm so mad how disgusting her room is.

Half eaten food, smashed Pop Tarts and stuff smeared on glass, just junk and garbage jammed into drawers and in the closet and everything stuffed under the bed.

Adding: She's got Bath and Body Works sprays and mixes lotions and sprays together so there's twenty bottles of crap that she never uses. Dang I'm a little mad. Waste, waste, waste.

I'm irked, irritated, annoyed, and utterly disgusted. I'll be fixing the mess and making changes for the thousandth time. 😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😡😡😡😡😡😡

I'm mad, so so mad. I just gotta get it out.

Also if you want to use something, ask so I know and bring it back when you're done. She's got so many things in her room that went missing. Now I know where to look. But why should I have to?

Forgive me, she's not here for me to witness this fit when I really want to yell at the top of my lungs. We've been through this before...

I’m so sorry. I totally get it. My 2nd born is an absolute slob and pack rat. And his interests are widely varied so he collects junk that goes along with that. Currently it’s electronic items….wires, soldering tool, crap. I do draw the line at food and drink but I’ve had to mostly let it go for my own partial sanity I have left. Probably not the best approach but he’ll be old enough to move out in a few years. And when he does I’m going to come over and throw my shoes around, dump Cheetos and his floor and eat all his food. Jk….but as long as I can have the rest of my house clean I had to stop caring. And the excess of junk? Ugh. I don’t buy my kids lots of little things. I’d rather sign them up for camps/sports/ballet. But grandparents give them junk. And now he works so he gets his own. Good luck! If you come up with a good solution let us know!
  • LoveyChar
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Went to look for something in my daughter's room, she's been with her dad for past week and a half. Room is am absolute pig stye.

Glitter and crumbs are everywhere and on everything. Found teaspoons, towels and many more things that are mine/household use, cut up cardboard she's used for crafting and junk, junk, junk. There's change, yarn, beads, hair brushes, fifty tubes of lipgloss and cosmetics and bottles of nail polish just thrown everywhere or jammed everywhere. Child has everything she's ever asked for and more. Such a pig, I'm so mad how disgusting her room is.

Half eaten food, smashed Pop Tarts and stuff smeared on glass, just junk and garbage jammed into drawers and in the closet and everything stuffed under the bed.

Adding: She's got Bath and Body Works sprays and mixes lotions and sprays together so there's twenty bottles of crap that she never uses. Dang I'm a little mad. Waste, waste, waste.

I'm irked, irritated, annoyed, and utterly disgusted. I'll be fixing the mess and making changes for the thousandth time. 😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😡😡😡😡😡😡

Also if you want to use something, ask so I know and bring it back when you're done. She's got so many things in her room that went missing. Now I know where to look. But why should I have to?

Forgive me, she's not here for me to witness this fit when I really want to yell at the top of my lungs. We've been through this before...

I’m so sorry. I totally get it. My 2nd born is an absolute slob and pack rat. And his interests are widely varied so he collects junk that goes along with that. Currently it’s electronic items….wires, soldering tool, crap. I do draw the line at food and drink but I’ve had to mostly let it go for my own partial sanity I have left. Probably not the best approach but he’ll be old enough to move out in a few years. And when he does I’m going to come over and throw my shoes around, dump Cheetos and his floor and eat all his food. Jk….but as long as I can have the rest of my house clean I had to stop caring. And the excess of junk? Ugh. I don’t buy my kids lots of little things. I’d rather sign them up for camps/sports/ballet. But grandparents give them junk. And now he works so he gets his own. Good luck! If you come up with a good solution let us know!

Thank you, I like your train of thought. I wanted to explode I was so mad. I'm going to try to remind myself in four years she can move away to college and be a pig there. Until then I'm really wanting to get in there and clean it but on the other hand I'm scared of whatever else I may find. Uuuuuugggghhhh...deep breaths...
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,006 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »

Thank you, I like your train of thought. I wanted to explode I was so mad. I'm going to try to remind myself in four years she can move away to college and be a pig there. Until then I'm really wanting to get in there and clean it but on the other hand I'm scared of whatever else I may find. Uuuuuugggghhhh...deep breaths...

I should clarify. It’s not that I don’t ever make him clean up. Lol. He’s probably grounded once a month to the house until he cleans his room and basement. That’s where he does all his “projects”. I was messy too as a kid/teen. But only my own room. And I would clean it on my own when I got tired of it. I never spread my mess all around, I helped clean around my house. He spreads it around and doesn’t help except when made to.
    I just try not to let it get to me all the time. And don’t take it personally. He’s highly creative and in my experience that can go together.

Hugs.💗
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,433 Member
    These (out of nowhere) hot flashes I’ve been having ALL day. 🥵😊🥵😊🥵😊
    So annoying.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    So annoying.

Keep one of those fans that spritzes water on you at all times.

That's my unasked for advice. :smile:

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    After having this profile pic for over a month, no one said I resembled Carmen Sandiego?!

The sheer and shameful nerve of each and every one of you 😑; especially you 90s babies 😂

di290jojtsm0.jpg

Well, that lets me off the hook(90's baby? HAH). That, and my not so great eyesight. I wish the pictures were bigger sometimes. Now that you've shared a much better sized picture, you look flawless! And Carmen doesn't even come close. I mean, she's a 'toon. And you wear your hat much better. :)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited July 2021
    tmanfive wrote: »
    ^ tru.dat.

I slept in a sleeping bag on my bed because it was easier rolling it up than making me bed.

Strict in my house too.

Edit…. If I didn’t make the bed I lost my bedding.

Come to think of it. I lost my bedroom door, literally off the hinges, for a messy room. 🤷🏼‍♂️

She better be glad I don't know where to find a screwdriver. Oh wait, that's probably in her room too! 😒

Oh boy. No advice because you didn't ask; you're venting. But wow, I'd be mad too. :( Good Luck!!!
    The only thing I might add is watch out for critters who'll enjoy the leftover foods. :/
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,433 Member
    So annoying.

I had those suckers all night too,
    terrible night’s sleep. 🥵🤨
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    What irks me? .. I know I typed "throw" in my post above, so how did "through" get there 🤔
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,248 Member
    Gossipers and people who will trot whatever they heard right back to me with “Oh, I wasn’t really listening but… ”

Cool cool. Keep that stuff to yourself because I do not care.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    What irks me? .. I know I typed "throw" in my post above, so how did "through" get there 🤔

autocorrect giveth

autocorrect taketh away