August 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Good job getting your HM in for the month @katharmonic

Glad you hopped back on the wagon @RunsOnEspresso!
    Nice running @Scott6255 ! Only 11 miles! Now I know how mom feels when I tell her I only ran 5 miles and she looks at me like I'm a crazy person and says, "ONLY?"

:D:D:D

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,004 Member
    Options
    @Tramboman Sorry about your golf game going south, but glad you enjoyed it anyway. We don't have beechnuts around here...do have tent caterpillars though.

@martaindale That does sound like a great hike to plan for, esp. with a free overnight stay. :wink: Nice job on the running. It's great that you met your neighbor and found her on strava. You keep up the good work and you'll be at her times in no time.

Thanks @WhatMeRunning . I think anyplace new, and hopefully pretty, will be befitting for the HM.

@Teresa502 That looks like a pretty place to run. I love that you did the second loop since you had already cleared the spider webs. :lol: Running into webs you don't see is the worst because you don't know where the spider might be. I agree with your addition to the list. :lol:
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Curious to hear what element's will draw you out for your next run @7lenny7 😁

Very interesting speedwork strategy @penguinmama87

Way to "only" get 11 miles in @Scott6255 🤪

Congrats on keeping that HM streak going @katharmonic

Nice cycling @Teresa502

Way to get that run in and congrats on getting 89 in so far during all this heat @RunsOnEspresso

The AF HM reasoning is perfect @quilteryoyo I hope you find a course befitting it!

Sounds like the right call to me @shanaber I'm sure an upcoming outing this week will be better than expected because, well, that's just how these things go all too often!

@Tramboman You know you better than I, but to me that problem with the swing by the 12th hole sounds a lot like a classic case of not doing enough fishing.

Do you mean fishing for trout with my fly rod or fishing for balls with my ball retriever? I got to do the latter yesterday and the former last Wednesday.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    Curious to hear what element's will draw you out for your next run @7lenny7 😁

Very interesting speedwork strategy @penguinmama87

Way to "only" get 11 miles in @Scott6255 🤪

Congrats on keeping that HM streak going @katharmonic

Nice cycling @Teresa502

Way to get that run in and congrats on getting 89 in so far during all this heat @RunsOnEspresso

The AF HM reasoning is perfect @quilteryoyo I hope you find a course befitting it!

Sounds like the right call to me @shanaber I'm sure an upcoming outing this week will be better than expected because, well, that's just how these things go all too often!

@Tramboman You know you better than I, but to me that problem with the swing by the 12th hole sounds a lot like a classic case of not doing enough fishing.

Do you mean fishing for trout with my fly rod or fishing for balls with my ball retriever? I got to do the latter yesterday and the former last Wednesday.
    I'm certainly not the best person to ask because I've never been any good at golf (or fishing for that matter).
  • quilteryoyo
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @penguinmama87 Glad you enjoyed the speed work. I usually do too. It breaks up the monotony of just running at a "constant" pace.

Nice running @sweetdaisy13 .

@RunsOnEspresso I hope your leg feels better in the morning!
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Aug - 0.00 Run 1.0 Walk - driveway laps, barely beat the heavy downpour
    2 Aug - 3.30 Run 1.0 Walk - Tempo run - 2 hours mowing the lawn
    3 Aug - 2.50 Run 1.0 Walk - Recovery Run on the driveway - Weed eat at mom's in the afternoon
    4 Aug - 6.20 Run 1.0 Walk - Birthday run on the driveway - played singles tennis earlier
    5 Aug - 2.50 Run 1.0 Walk - Long Interval Run on the driveway
    6 Aug - 0.00 Run 1.0 Walk - Driveway walk this evening - doubles tennis this morning
    7 Aug - 10.0 Run 1.0 Walk - Long Run with Speed Play
    8 Aug - 0.00 Run 1.0 Walk - Driveway walk to keep the streak going
    9 Aug - 2.75 Run 1.0 Walk - Tempo Run - driveway laps
    10 Aug - 2.50 Run 1.0 Walk - Recovery Run - driveway laps
    11 Aug - 0.00 Run 1.0 Walk - Treadmill walk between shopping and church
    12 Aug - 2.25 Run 1.0 Walk - Driveway Long Interval Run also played singles tennis this morning
    13 Aug - 0.00 Run 1.0 Walk - Treadmill walk after work
    14 Aug - 5.00 Run 1.0 Walk - Cut my 10 mile run short so that I could trim mom's lawn
    15 Aug - 0.00 Run 1.0 Walk - Walk in the neighbor's field
    16 Aug - 3.50 Run 1.0 Walk - Tempo run doing driveway laps
    17 Aug - 0.00 Run 1.0 Walk - Treadmill walk after running errands all day
    18 Aug - 3.00 Run 1.0 Walk - Foundation run - driveway laps
    19 Aug - 3.50 Run 1.0 Walk - Long Interval Run on the local road
    20 Aug - 0.00 Run 1.0 Walk - Driveway laps to keep streak going
    21 Aug - 10.0 Run 1.0 Walk - Long run with fast finish (sort-of) out the local road
    22 Aug - 0.00 Run 1.0 Walk - Driveway walk

57.0/100 miles running 22.0/31 miles walking

Did my Sunday mile walk on the driveway between church and lunch. Keeping the exercise streak alive.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Very nice run @sweetdaisy13 .

@RunsOnEspresso I hope your hip feels better in the morning! I've never had IT band issues, but I've heard they can be quite painful.
  • sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Oh no @RunsOnEspresso, hope your hip gets better soon. IT Band injuries can be painful and take a while to heal. Hopefully it's just a niggle and not an ITB issue.
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Distance Log:
    Aug 2: 4.17 miles
    Aug 4: 4.80
    Aug 6: 5.94
    Aug 9: 5.74
    Aug 11: 2.75
    Aug 16: 5.86
    Aug 18: 3.58
    Aug 20: 5.75
    Aug 21: 2.29
    Aug 23: 5.91

Total: 46.79/60 miles

@RunsOnEspresso I hope your hip feels better soon!

@kgirlhart That stinks about the heat. I really don't do well with it myself and never have. Give me cold anytime.

@rheddmobile That's really cool about the different nuts! My kids are going to school next week and our time as homeschoolers will be officially ended, which is bittersweet. One of my favorite things to do with them was have nature study days and we'd walk in the woods and explore all sorts of things. We'll still get to do a little of that, but it won't be as often as we used to and I will miss it!