kevrit Posts: 3,850 Member
    Options
    pic of the day: recently seen camping in my park:

2f456kbdvpo6.jpeg

RvRita
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Machka-I have a tote box I put cards and stuff in and then every couple years I go through and decide what to keep. At one time I had saved every card I had gotten since I was 17. Went back over them and saved the ones that was the last one I got from family members that passed away. I keep to much but gives me comfort.

Katla--Happy dance the blanket is done. Looking forward to pictures.

RvRita--Hugs and prayers <3 Looks like your visitor might of come from Hawaii, cute

Had this last weekend off and was on the go the whole time. Now back to work and see the doctor Thursday for my 6 month checkup. Got the blood work done this morning here at the hospital and signed up for the patient portal so can look up my results. Part that is done looks good, now for the AC1 and cholesterol which might take a couple days as machine is down and have to send out.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    (((Annie))) Is it time to look into a Senior apartment for her.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rebecca – I agree with you. Moldy berries need to be composted, not eaten. :noway: The photo of you and your granddaughter is precious. :heart:

Machka – “But regarding my health issues, I try not to look up too much. A lot of it can be repetitive and a lot says that you've got to have this or that test to find out for sure. So there's really no point to speculate. I prefer to deal with what IS happening rather than with might possibly be happening.” Your comment is wise.

Allie – It sounds like the ultrasonic device is helping you deal with your pup, Alfie. :flowerforyou:

I spent the morning getting my car fueled up, buying necessities, and stopping into the tire store to make sure my tires are doing okay. I am ready for a little down time. (doing laundry, making bed . . . )

Katla in NW Oregon
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Allie - GREAT decision! "not chasing after people who are to busy worrying themselves" The pandemic has made me re-think some relationships too and the folks who are all about themselves are being moved out of my friend circle too.

Kim in N. California
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 19min 39sec, 3.43ap, 130elev, 84ahr, 106mhr, 8.37mi= 761c
    Strava app = 1001c
    Zwift home spin bike- 2hrs 18min 55sec, 378elev, 20.39amph, 133aw, 61arpm, 108ahr, 136mhr, 47.2mi= 862c
    Zwift app = 1064c

At end of workout 25984 steps

Interesting difference
    Apple Watch = 1623 total cal
    Other= 2065 total cal

I count the Apple Watch totals on mfp
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :'( In light of the WA indoor mask mandate and rising cases of Covid, I made the sad decision to cancel my line dance class until things get better We can't dance wearing masks

<3 Barbie in NW WA

I am considering that with my Zumba class, for the same reason. I am fine wearing it walking in and out of the building and as long as I am at least 12-15 ft away from the next person.
    I don't want to go back to Zoom Zumba because it is too easy for me to not join in or just do it half way.
    It won't be quite as bad when the weather cools down a lot but right now- it is HARD. I make it through the full hour but just BARELY. Our county isn't under mandatory masks but many places are choosing to enforce it.

Then I have church in the next county which is under mandatory masks and I went yesterday(missed last Sunday because I was up at mom's) and out of I am guessing 60 or so people, only four had masks on and that included me.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Did a body pump DVD then went for my walk. The plan for tomorrow is to do a workout on the rebounder.

Barbara – I remember one time we had a party with a 50’s and 60’s theme. For a dessert I made brownies and sprinkled oregano on top

Julie – 1200/day is usually before exercise. See, I don’t add in my exercise calories. I figure if I go over a bit, then I have a “buffer”. I usually don’t spend a lot of time looking up health info. There is so much conflicting information.

Allie – you’re doing great by Alfie. I’m sure he’ll learn to not bark

katla – yea on finishing that blanket

RV Rita – love the camper

Went to bowling then bought gas for cutting the grass (weeds). Will have dinner then cut the grass. I’m a little disappointed. The gym I used last year doesn’t have a weekly membership. OK. But...they charge $10/day. I would only use it for an hour and I’d want to use it earlier in the day so we can paint, etc. Now they do have a free weeks’ membership, but I’d have to go there only when the lady is there which is 10-6. So that really wouldn’t work for me. She tried talking to her boss about charging me $5 which I think is reasonable. But she won’t budge. Looks like my exercise will be just walking. Oh well...it’s not for that long.

Barbie – I’m so sorry you had to cancel your classes. I know how much you look forward to them and I’m sure the people in your class look forward to them, too.

Cut the weeds so didn’t have time for my evening walk. However, cutting the weeds certainly gave me my steps!

Michele NC
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did a body pump DVD then went for my walk. The plan for tomorrow is to do a workout on the rebounder.

Barbara – I remember one time we had a party with a 50’s and 60’s theme. For a dessert I made brownies and sprinkled oregano on top

Julie – 1200/day is usually before exercise. See, I don’t add in my exercise calories. I figure if I go over a bit, then I have a “buffer”. I usually don’t spend a lot of time looking up health info. There is so much conflicting information.

Allie – you’re doing great by Alfie. I’m sure he’ll learn to not bark

katla – yea on finishing that blanket

RV Rita – love the camper

Went to bowling then bought gas for cutting the grass (weeds). Will have dinner then cut the grass. I’m a little disappointed. The gym I used last year doesn’t have a weekly membership. OK. But...they charge $10/day. I would only use it for an hour and I’d want to use it earlier in the day so we can paint, etc. Now they do have a free weeks’ membership, but I’d have to go there only when the lady is there which is 10-6. So that really wouldn’t work for me. She tried talking to her boss about charging me $5 which I think is reasonable. But she won’t budge. Looks like my exercise will be just walking. Oh well...it’s not for that long.

Barbie – I’m so sorry you had to cancel your classes. I know how much you look forward to them and I’m sure the people in your class look forward to them, too.

Cut the weeds so didn’t have time for my evening walk. However, cutting the weeds certainly gave me my steps!

Michele NC

Why can’t you do the exercise DVD at the condo?

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Pppppp
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    Today's the day (or tomorrow?) ... August 24 = Anniversary! :)

I posted my husband's and my story on my website, you'll have to close the spaces if you want to see it.
    http:// machka.net /2021/08/21/ rowan-charlene/

I'm at work, but we might go out for dinner tonight. :) I'll aim for 36 flights of stairs today. I've done 18 already.

Machka in Oz
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Barbie I am sorry you are putting your class on hold. I know how much you enjoy it.

I started going back to a painting class. This one meets once a month rather than weekly. I will try to post them tomorrow.