WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,087 Member
    Options
    "Self care is choosing not to argue with people who are committed to misunderstanding you." saw this quote on Facebook. I hope to remember this one and tell it to myself if I find myself getting upset.

Resolved finciancial piece...one thing off the list.

(((Beth))) so sorry for the pain you are going through.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Allie ~ I must be wrong, but, I thought you said it would be too expensive to go to the wedding.

Carol in GA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,106 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Hugs to you Beth. So sorry about your good knee.

Machka Happy anniversary!

Annie in Delaware
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    name ok I see how this works!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,685 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Well this just sucks. Playing with our 9 mos lab (80 pounds) … he was thrown a stick in my direction… he watched the stick… I couldn’t get out of the way fast enough… and he barreled right into my “good” knee… which is now sheared off at the tibia. I’m in the ER overnight waiting for surgeon to decide if this can heal with just a stabilizer or if I need surgery. Good grief when it rains ….

Beth near Buffalo

So sorry
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    BARBARA my dermatologist told me that nicotinamide was good against wrinkles but not cancer; I had printed French version out study showing 500mg per day reduces by 23% the risk of this thing. She didn't find it online but they have it at my pharmacy. Indeed if I google it here I see it for lots of skin products in serum or cream! 'I'm going to get a bottle at the nearby pharmacy today or tomorrow!
    No news from dr from hospital.
    I'll call back next week if I don't hear from them.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    This morning has started well. We have a bright, sunshiney morning. I was able to watch a river otter barking & swimming in the river beside the docks near our house, about 6:45 am. :smiley:

Rita – You have festive Martians in your park. They seem to be friendly and ready to party. :wink:

(((Annie in DE))) – We looked into the possibility of a chair lift in the past but have not pursued it so far. We know that outdoor wall elevators are a possibility. DH is still able to climb the stairs and I hope he continues to be able to do it. It is good exercise for his health. :star:

Heather – Your son and his children are a happy group. I hope the trip is filled with good times and good memories. :flowerforyou:

(((Rebecca))) – I hope you will be able to go home in the near future. I hope your son is able to find a good babysitter. :star:

Barbie – We are back to wearing masks again, too, when shopping. Our yoga group is filled with people who have had two Phizer vaccinations and we continue to take yoga unmasked. One person joined our group with no mask and no vaccination. We asked her to come back when vaccinated. :ohwell:

Allie – I have always considered the Serenity Prayer as valuable. Thank you for that wonderful reminder. :flowerforyou:

Machka – Happy Anniversary!!! :heart:

(((Beth))) – I am so sorry for your injury. I hope you will not need surgery. :noway:

Terri – I agree with your assessment that Covid is not done with us. Wearing masks and being vaccinated is important. :star:

We are planning to visit our son and DDIL this fall. They live in Virginia and are expecting baby #2. They need us to be there to care for our grandson while she and our son are at the hospital for the birth. We are planning to fly there and we are considering third Phizer vaccinations before the trip.

Katla in bright sunshiney NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,794 Member
    Options
    Carol- other cousin ,this 2nd cousin is in Tennessee ,other one is here in Connecticut,I was invited to the one in Tennessee first and got a save the date for that.. i was only invited to Vals wedding when other people couldn't come,yes very expensive, black tie affair,parents have money,this country bumpkin cousin does not.. I would much rather be with the cousins who love me and want me to be there and enjoy my company. Although last time i was there i was an awfully good babysitter for a passel of kids ,dont think I can do it this time,but sure can help out a bit.
    I am looking forward to seeing everyone, and if I have to wear a mask so be it..
  • Katla49
    Options
    B)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,794 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Flea- sporty car ... my ex has been driving a Chevy Volt which is also a electronic hybrid and he us able to get back and forth to work without gas.. he had 2 and just sold his second one on Carvana.
    I am a wuss and canceled my MRI for Friday ,I am severely claustrophobic and want to be sedated so have to go to the hospital for that .so it will be rescheduled..
    Havent heard a peep from my brother but like I said Im not going to run after him ,if he wants to talk to me he can call..
    Tracy has had the last 4 days off so she will work this Thursday and Tal and I have a hairdresser appt ,Taliah starts school monday and im sure she is thrilled to pieces ( Not )
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,695 Member
    Options
    It's a beautiful sunny day here today. It's warm and humid outside. I went for a walk in the morning before it got too hot outside and I feel great! I'll be doing some dancing after lunch today. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! My daughter says hello to everyone. She has a part time job and she enjoys it. Have a wonderful day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
  • Katla49
    Options
    This is a pretty morning with sunshine & sparkling water in the river. I have no plans for the day so far. 😊

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,342 Member
    Options
    DH finished pruning the Bay tree/bush today. He was up a ladder with long pruners and I was nervous. I suggested he ask the next door neighbour if he could do the last bit from her side.
    It's not a pretty cut, but it's a lot smaller and letting more light in. I praised him. :D;)

The painter has made a good start. Ceiling done and holes filled. He says he will use the electric sander when we have gone out tomorrow. I am out from around 11.15am , having lunch with G in town. I've emailed the restaurant, asking for the window table by the door. It's very separate and better ventilated.

I've narrowed the choice of white paint down to three. Two greyish and one pinkish. Need DH to have a look. I think I know which one I prefer.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,532 Member
    Options
    Yep Katla, me too. My prescription pills run out soon. Plus Lee misses me!
    Rebecca
    💖
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    Beth - I am so sorry to hear about your knee and the rambunctious puppy
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,685 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Zwift home spin bike- 3hrs 52min 17sec, 633elev, 20.69amph, 137aw, 63arpm, 107ahr, 169mhr, 80.1mi= 1380c
    Zwift app = 1835c

Another 80mi done