WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    That's her blue tablet, where she's learning. She is wickedly smart!!
    Rebecca
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Rebecca- Homer the older dog used to sit the same way .. we call it meerkatting.. always cracked us up..usually when he wanted something lol.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Mega knackered! :p
    Just woken up after a 45 min nap. Only half a night's sleep took it out of me!
    Great veggie lunch at Terre a Terre, then lots of walking around town with my friend. Visited a couple of design shops, then I caught the bus home. Picked up a couple of chocolate gifts for DH. <3 Bought two big bags of spinach for dinner with salmon. It was sunny and hot and I felt a bit faint.
    DH made me a welcome cup of tea and I admired the painter's efforts. First coat of pink on! Looking gooooood! :D Then I fell asleep.

Now stiff, but better.

I'm hoping to go singing tomorrow in person. I will get an Uber up there and hope for a lift to a good bus afterwards. DH isn't coming. He has instructions to prep the butternut squash for dinner!

Much love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Barbara - Edie was bouncing on the chair next to the piano, in defiance of her parents, and then bounced off and fell crack onto the piano stool. They went to ER. :'( Not broken but she was mighty subdued when she came to play with us the next day. A cut as well as bruising. I expect she will splash around in the water, but she is a good, professionally taught, swimmer with proper style and goggles. Not really advisable. :o

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    Jhjjjhjjjjj
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,948 Member
    Options
    Flea- sporty car ... my ex has been driving a Chevy Volt which is also a electronic hybrid and he us able to get back and forth to work without gas.. he had 2 and just sold his second one on Carvana.
    I am a wuss and canceled my MRI for Friday ,I am severely claustrophobic and want to be sedated so have to go to the hospital for that .so it will be rescheduled..
    Havent heard a peep from my brother but like I said Im not going to run after him ,if he wants to talk to me he can call..
    Tracy has had the last 4 days off so she will work this Thursday and Tal and I have a hairdresser appt ,Taliah starts school monday and im sure she is thrilled to pieces ( Not )

Allie- I totally understand how you feel about the MRI- I had no idea I was claustrophobic until I had to have one.
    I was having terrible pain in my shoulder- didn't know what it was. Got started and started shaking so bad she had to stop it. She covered my eyes with a cool cloth and I had to keep my hands under my thighs to try and control the shaking. I was given the option to reschedule but I was in so much pain, I wanted to find out what it was and get treatment started plus my husband was leaving for China for two weeks so I would have to wait for him to come back so he could drive me. I couldn't wait that long. I remember laying there, trying very hard not to shake too much. Was so happy to hear her voice until she said "You are doing great, we are HALF WAY done" I did make it through, though the scan was a bit blurry. Found out that I had frozen shoulder and not a tear. Because I was worried it was a tear, I didn't move it at all before getting the scan which ended up leaving it totally frozen with no movement- lots of PT after that to loosen it up but no surgery,thankfully.
    When the MRI was done, I walked, shaking all the way, to my car and had to sit there for 20 min or so because there was no way I could drive the ten minutes home until the shakes started to calm down.
    Since then closed in spaces bother me so much more. On our cruise I HAVE to have a window.

Debbie
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    does anyone here use "blinkist" app?
    it seems interesting!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Rita So sad. I'm sure it's very upsetting. Have you any idea why there seem to be a high number near your area?
    You can have compassion., but not get dragged down by it. You know a better path. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Well I had started a post yesterday and my day went to **** and ended up closing out before I posted. Guess that is life at this point.

DH's jury duty ended yesterday and not sure who is happier, him or me. He is not one to sit still for hours and made him really grumpy. This moring he was so excited to go back to work. Life can get back to normal, HAHA!

Allie-I agree it is a great decision, you deseve to be around people that respect you.

Barbie--Understand your reasons, hopfully this will not last as long this time.

Beth--I am SO SO sorry.

Flea--Love the new car. I know the one we bought had 37 miles on it. I have never owed something so new before. Hope you enjoy it for many years. Know that we plan to.

Katiebug--Glad to see you post, missed you. Glad your tests come out well. I have to have the colonoscopy every 5 years because of family history. So far had to have several polyps removed and they have been benign.

Tracey--How scary. I am glad he is ok. What did the police say?

childhood eating- I don't remember breakfast much. Must of been somekind of cereal. and seems I remember lots of banana and apples. Lunches were what was seved at school. Suppers were the big meal. It was usally pasta of somekind, maybe chicken or hamburger. There were 5 of us kids and dad only worked when he felt like it, so cheap and filling. Then before bed we would get white powdered donuts. I still find that my comfort food and over the years I have become aware of why and have cut them out almost completely. In fact can not remember the last time I had one.

RVRita--So very sorry. Suicide is terrible anyway you have to deal with it. I had a friend shot himself in the head in front of his ex-wife, my 5 year old son and I. It has been over 40 years and I still remember it like it was yesterday. I think of all the things he missed if only he would of held on.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Tracey, first, OMG! That does not sound like a simple case of road rage to me, it sounds more like your hubby was targeted, probably for no real reason, just simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. I do hope he contacted police, he got away relatively easy (I'm not trying to downplay his injuries, but he did walk away from it) and the next person they target may not get off as easily.
    Rebecca, so nice that you have been able to have some quality time with Athena! I do understand that it will b enice for you to get home and back in to your own routine.
    Heather, oh poor Edie! Ah well, live and learn tho....
    Rita, how sad for everyone concerned in regards to the fellow that died. The lake looks lovely tho!
    Allie, good for you for distancing yourself from your brother and all his drama. You do not need that in your life!
    Beth, oh my! I do wish you a speedy recovery, whether with or without surgery!

Have been reading, but had no time to post, but please know that I laughed and cried along with all of you and you are all in my thoughts.
    Went for a bike ride yesterday, I've been trying to find a good route to get good mileage out of and I think I've finally done it! The round trip was 31.73 km, nice ride not too many hills, well, lots of hills, but only one steep one so that was okay. Not too many major road crossings either, which was really nice! I took a few pics and will try to remember to post them one day, it really was quite lovely, very rural, but very busy with other cyclists and walkers.
    Today the big thing to do is bed shopping. Our current mattress is only four years old, but neither of us are happy with it, so we are off to find something that will hopefully be more to our liking.
    I took last week off work and am quite happy to say that I actually got some stuff done! A bunch of paperwork that was haunting me has now been dealt with. The rest of my office/craft room is still a disaster, but, baby steps.... lol.
    I guess that's it for me for now. Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,392 Member
    Options
    :*
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbara – I heard the river otters barking this morning, and also saw one of them swimming. It popped up next to the floating dock and headed up river. There is a high bank beside the Courthouse parking lot, and there has been a den in the bank as well one as under the yacht club building. River-otters are fun to watch. :smiley:

Allie – Glad to hear you’re getting a booster shot. :star:

Heather – Sorry to hear that Edie bonked her head bouncing on the chair next to the piano. I’m glad they took her to the ER and nothing was broken. :flowerforyou:

Rita – So sorry that people threaten suicide. Good that it is usually a mere threat, but sorry to hear that a man shot himself. :sad:

Evelyn – Happy that you took some time off and were able to get some things done. Good for you! :star:

Our grandson is having a birthday on the 30th of August. We put money in our daughter's account so that she can buy the correct gift. It was easier for us than to cope with Amazon. :wink: Yoga this morning was delightful. I always enjoy it. Class is usually Monday, Wednesday & Friday. I plan to be there again on Friday. :bigsmile:

Katla in NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 17min 19sec, 118elev, 3.52ap, 86ahr, 103mhr, 8.10mi= 734c
    Strava app = 981c
    Zwift home spin bike = 1hr 54min 15sec, 320elev, 143aw, 66arpm, 112ahr, 136mhr, 21.06amph, 40.1mi= 774c
    Zwift app = 943c

Total cal 1508
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Vickie and Barbara, for missing me and commenting on my post.

Tracy, what happened to your husband is very, very scary. There are no words!

Ritam how awful!

Flea, I continue to pray for you. Your car is beautiful.

My latest goal in my recommitment to this journey of healthy living is to concentrate on protein. 20 to 30 g at meals, 5 to 10 g if I need a snack. Even with this added focus I still find myself over on carbs, under on protein. And this isn’t even a low carb plan - just using MFP’s default percentages. But that, coupled with adding ashwaghanda gummies at bedtime has really helped me get more sleep and increase my energy and productivity. I’ll count it as a win for now.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    I tried and tried to get DH to call the police and get checked out at the hospital. He refused and I gave up arguing. He does have a doctors appointment tomorrow so I’m sure he’ll have a look at him. He feels fine and isn’t looking as bruised as I suspected he would, but it’s still noticeable.

Barbara - we have the problems too. I am from a little tiny town and the crime rate there is crazy right now. Where I currently live is normally quiet but last month there was a shooting in the middle of an attempted carjacking that left a man without a leg.

Julie - As a kid I fought eating breakfast still do. I can’t eat when I first wake up. Give me a few hours. I did enjoy The sugary cereals as an evening snack though.
    I hated lunches in elementary. I don’t like food that sits for any length of time. From Grade 5 up though, I usually ate at the cafeteria until I started smoking then my money went to that instead. I did and still do eat the junkiest food! I try to eat healthier but my fussiness gets in the way terribly!

I ate a lot of Shredded Wheat, Weetabix, Shreddies, puffed wheat, but my favourite was corn pops. I saw at a store the other day they have them in with small snack bags of stuff.

All of this talk makes me think I’ll have cereal and toast for supper tonight.

Rita - such a sad story. Too many are doing that these days it seems.

I am claustrophobic as well and had to suffer through a MRI. It was worth it, but it sure sucked.

I never knew how claustrophobic I was until I was in the truck with my husband one time in New York or New Jersey near Huntspoint market whichever state that is in. Anyway it was a very hot summer night and we were both sleeping in the bunk that had a vinyl curtain covering the opening. I woke up fighting for air, I opened the bunk door to get some. Shortly afterwards my husband woke up and asked me if I was trying to get us robbed or killed. I ended up sitting in the passenger seat with the window open a crack all night until he woke up, then I crawled in the bunk and had a sleep. 😂 Funnily enough I really miss those trips with him.

Evelyn - we need to go mattress shopping as well. I also need a new chair for the living room. I have no where to sit that doesn’t cause me to be in pain. My work chair is awesome but I don’t want a desk chair in my living room. My problem is that I can sit in a chair or lie on a bed for a few minutes and feel fine, it’s after an hour or so that I run into a problem. How do you get to try a chair out for that long? The mattress I’m not as concerned about, so many have the 100 night return policy now.

Katla - my parents and grandmother always put money in my account for the girls. They always gave me an idea of what they would like to have me spend it on, other times I found fun ways of giving the girls cash and letting them shop themselves.

We have big meeting tomorrow with the company that we bought the payroll system from. We are not happy and are thinking of cancelling the contract if things aren’t resolved soon. There seems to be a breakdown from our tests and parallels to what our live production is and it has been a nightmare. I hope it settles soon.

I have to make a card tonight for a wedding this weekend so I should get at it.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    So much to comment on, but it’s taken me 2 hours to just read! I tried to get in last night and it wouldn’t let me into the Community pages at all. Tonight I removed the app, reset my password, swore a lot and it worked!

My husband came home from work early last night. He walked in the door looking as white as a sheet with blood running down his face. I immediately asked him what the $&’?had happened and he told me he had been in a fight.
    I asked him who it was with and he told me he didn’t ask. Turns out, as he was coming home from work a car passed him doing more than 120/km hour immediately pulled in front of him and slammed on the brakes. Hubby got stopped but still bumped the car a bit. The guy in the car just sat there so Hubby got out of his truck and went up, the guy gets out of the car and starts swinging at my hubby. DH is not one to back down when threatened and accepted the challenge. All of a sudden another man in the car gets out and starts beating my DH up too! This 2nd person kicked DH in the face, he has scrapes from the guys boots on his forehead and down the side of his face and a nasty cut/bruise at the corner of his eye. He also had a huge bump on his head. I’m sure when I see him tonight he will have massive bruising.
    The road rage in this area is insane lately. I’m just so grateful it was only fists and boots and not guns. Thankfully other drivers stopped and helped Dh out.

I am tired tonight as I didn’t sleep well last night making sure He was ok.

Hopefully I’ll catch up more thoroughly tomorrow night.
    Tracey in Edmonton

I tried and tried to get DH to call the police and get checked out at the hospital. He refused and I gave up arguing. He does have a doctors appointment tomorrow so I’m sure he’ll have a look at him. He feels fine and isn’t looking as bruised as I suspected he would, but it’s still noticeable.

Tracey in Edmonton

The problem is that your husband rear ended the car so according to most traffic laws, he is at fault.

They've got his licence number and they may have fronted up at the hospital claiming that they were attacked.

You could suddenly find yourself being required to pay your insurance deductible and possibly having your insurance rates go up. He could potentially also be charged for attacking them.

Going to the police and hospital and stating his case puts him in a better position ... and doing it sooner rather than later means that witnesses can be found.

M in Oz