WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    UPDATE Stats for the day-

Did another spin ride for 15 more miles, now in 2nd place!

Walk w/family- 2hrs 17min 19sec, 118elev, 3.52ap, 86ahr, 103mhr, 8.10mi= 734c
    Strava app = 981c
    Zwift home spin bike = 1hr 54min 15sec, 320elev, 143aw, 66arpm, 112ahr, 136mhr, 21.06amph, 40.1mi= 774c
    Zwift app = 943c
    Zwift home spin bike- 44.11min, 125elev, 143aw, 58arpm, 110ahr, 132mhr, 20.51amph, 15.1mi= 321c
    Zwift app- 363c

Total cal 1829
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :) I had to have an MRI twice and because I am s claustrophobic, my doctor prescribed a mild tranquilizer and I got through it just fine
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, bank, BiMart, Grocery Outlet, recycling, email Deb re: goat’s milk, ask Hill about ipads and google maps vs google earth, dog group (even though I’d have rather extended my nap :> )
    Bonus: Walk with G and R, another half hour grooming Tumble.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, pick up goat’s milk, Tumble to dog bather, swap checks at church, chiro, do something with goat’s milk, flagger course progress, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart,; Do Your Thing, practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    August
    25: Give your time, energy or attention to help someone in need: learn what the Oasis shelter needs to qualify for the purple leash project, or learn from Deb what next steps are for Shore Pines.
    26: Find a way to “pay it forward” or support a good cause: ditto above.

Julie EU30= USS 36 for 30 x 500 mg? Wow. Here I pay USD 6 for 100 x 500 mg Niacinimide enough for over 3 months. Amazon charges USD 8 plus shipping. When I was very very young, my favorite cold cereal was “sugar jets.” Haven’t seen them in decades. Just as well. Later lost my taste for breakfast so skipped it until later maturity ;) Nowadays my usual breakfast is fruit with either cottage cheese or yoghurt.
    Heather oww, poor Edie. Hard way to learn consequences of disobedience.
    Rita ((hugs)) prayers for his family, for the rescue squad and for you.
    Vicki ((hugs)) and for you too.
    Rebecca Glad you bonded with them, but there must not have been much room on the couch for you between the Bernese and the Golden … :lol:
    Tracey the only time I was ever claustrophobic was sleeping in Joe’s camper on the “inside.” Had to get to the outside by the curtain overlooking the dinette in order to breathe. Miss those trips with him too.
    Rori thanks so for checking in. Whooshing love and light to you.

I’m pooped, so just skimmed. Too tired to eat (!!!) but need to get at least some supplements and aspirins in so will have a bowl of yoghurt and cherries before bed.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    August: leaner/stronger/kinder than July.
    daily: sit with Joe: 23, weigh/wii: 25/0/0; steps>6704=11848!!! vits=23.5, log=25, CI<CO=24, CI<250<CO=19, Tumble=17, Shadow=24, mfp=26, outside=30, up hill=28, clean 10=22.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD YH=1, Wed:TC=2, PW=4. Thurs: Fri:TC=2. Sat:PW=3. rX x4=3.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2!!! 8/1:141.3 8/8:140.4 8/15:141.5 :rage:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF:15 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    Kkkkkkk
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Machka - I agree but I’m not able to convince him. He says he didn’t get the license plate. I just pray they don’t meet on the highway again.

Tracey
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    Machka - I agree but I’m not able to convince him. He says he didn’t get the license plate. I just pray they don’t meet on the highway again.

Tracey

Yes ... and that you don't get a letter in the mail about it. :(

M in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Spent the day in the car driving so no formal exercise. I was surprised at how many steps I did get in, tho. The plan for tomorrow is to do some HIIT

Tracey – thank goodness your hubby is still alive!

Rebecca – glad for you that you’ll be able to go home.

Barbara – I was thinking “why can’t I leave early?” But after this morning, I really can’t. There’s just too many things that need to be done.

Just skimming right now. Tired.

Came, unpacked the car, went to Aldi, then WayBack burger for dinner. Did you know that the veggie burger is deep fried?

From when we left the house, I wasn’t hungry until around 8 tonight. Protein really keeps you full

Rori – love hearing from you. Take care of yourself

Michele now in FL but not for long enough
  • Machka9
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Today, my chiro popped my left shoulder back in its socket ... what a difference that makes!

In 2007, I crashed on a bicycle ride and ended up with a concussion, massive bruises all down my left leg, a sprained right hand, and a separated and partially dislocated left shoulder (subluxation).

I started physio on that shoulder but after about 6 weeks, I had to move for uni and didn't have any money, so I didn't continue with the physio. That was a mistake because the shoulder continues to partially dislocate from time to time.

When it does, it hurts and I have limited range of movement.

So it's been popped back in and feels much better now! I should have had it done weeks ago!

Unlike several of you, I quite enjoy MRIs. They get you all comfy lying down, give you the headphones with your choice of music, and in you go. I fall asleep in minutes and if it is a fairly thorough MRI, I can have a decent little nap.

If I lie down for more than a few minutes ... I'm asleep. Like last evening after work. Lie down on sofa, washcloth on eyes ... and who was I kidding that I'd actually stay away!! :lol:

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    cu0n2i2kucom.png
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Rebecca- Homer the older dog used to sit the same way .. we call it meerkatting.. always cracked us up..usually when he wanted something lol.

Bobbie is quite a character! She stole my sock from my shoe last night! I saw her carrying around something white in the middle of the night! So I am pulling it but trying not to seem like I'm playing. I mean it was 3 am so gaah, I wasn't in a playful mood!
    Lol
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, bank, BiMart, Grocery Outlet, recycling, email Deb re: goat’s milk, ask Hill about ipads and google maps vs google earth, dog group (even though I’d have rather extended my nap :> )
    Bonus: Walk with G and R, another half hour grooming Tumble.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, pick up goat’s milk, Tumble to dog bather, swap checks at church, chiro, do something with goat’s milk, flagger course progress, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart,; Do Your Thing, practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    August
    25: Give your time, energy or attention to help someone in need: learn what the Oasis shelter needs to qualify for the purple leash project, or learn from Deb what next steps are for Shore Pines.
    26: Find a way to “pay it forward” or support a good cause: ditto above.

Julie EU30= USS 36 for 30 x 500 mg? Wow. Here I pay USD 6 for 100 x 500 mg Niacinimide enough for over 3 months. Amazon charges USD 8 plus shipping. When I was very very young, my favorite cold cereal was “sugar jets.” Haven’t seen them in decades. Just as well. Later lost my taste for breakfast so skipped it until later maturity ;) Nowadays my usual breakfast is fruit with either cottage cheese or yoghurt.
    Heather oww, poor Edie. Hard way to learn consequences of disobedience.
    Rita ((hugs)) prayers for his family, for the rescue squad and for you.
    Vicki ((hugs)) and for you too.
    Rebecca Glad you bonded with them, but there must not have been much room on the couch for you between the Bernese and the Golden … :lol:
    Tracey the only time I was ever claustrophobic was sleeping in Joe’s camper on the “inside.” Had to get to the outside by the curtain overlooking the dinette in order to breathe. Miss those trips with him too.
    Rori thanks so for checking in. Whooshing love and light to you.

I’m pooped, so just skimmed. Too tired to eat (!!!) but need to get at least some supplements and aspirins in so will have a bowl of yoghurt and cherries before bed.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    August: leaner/stronger/kinder than July.
    daily: sit with Joe: 23, weigh/wii: 25/0/0; steps>6704=11848!!! vits=23.5, log=25, CI<CO=24, CI<250<CO=19, Tumble=17, Shadow=24, mfp=26, outside=30, up hill=28, clean 10=22.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD YH=1, Wed:TC=2, PW=4. Thurs: Fri:TC=2. Sat:PW=3. rX x4=3.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2!!! 8/1:141.3 8/8:140.4 8/15:141.5 :rage:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF:15 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

The Bernese and the golden are my sister, and my niece's dogs. Here at my sons they have a Shepard mix and a smaller dog
    a chihuahua. Plus my son has a pull out portion of the couch. Still its weird to sleep with animals for me.💖
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Options
    zz7hzemckilx.jpg
    Athena is a toe sucker!
    💖
    Rebecca
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,948 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) I had to have an MRI twice and because I am s claustrophobic, my doctor prescribed a mild tranquilizer and I got through it just fine

that is what I will do if I ever have to have another one plus they have one that is a lot more open that they can use.
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Rebecca, oh my, that Athena! So cute! Your sister's dogs are lovely, but I'm so glad it's not them that you have to share the couch with! Pretty sure there wouldn't be any room for you! lol
    Rori, so nice to see you pop in. It can't have been easy for you, going thru your brother's stuff especially as you say he didn't have much, so it all must have been special to him. {{{HUGS}}}

I've never had an MRI, but hubby had one a few years ago, said it wasn't so bad. I deeply envy Machka's ability to fall asleep so quickly, that does not happen to me. Although, if it is because of exhaustion, then maybe I don't envy that so much....
    My ability to fall asleep may get better as of Saturday night, we did go out and get a new bed. We upgraded from a queen to a king, so that also meant new sheets and a new comforter. Needless to say, we cannot buy anything else for the next 5-6 months. That will make mealtime interesting.... lol. Well, okay, I will buy food, but I had been planning on a manicure, that won't be happening now, neither will a vacation. Not that it's really safe to go anywhere anyway, covid is ramping up again, we are back to wearing masks indoors and as if that wasn't enough, there are far too many forest fires happening in areas that I would want to go, so staycation it is. On the bright side, I will have a nice new mattress, sheets and comforter to enjoy! We went with a Temperpedic, it's the memory foam one. It was pretty comfy in the store, so here's hoping! I did have a bit of a chuckle, it's all being delivered on Saturday and I'm at work, so I decided to do a bit of prep and got the comforter into it's cover. Got all but one tie attached (the one at the bottom of the comforter) and noticed that there was a tag on that end that said "top", as in the top of the quilt. Well, it's the bottom of the quilt for now, I was not about to undo all my hard work at that point! At least it was on the same type of side, lol, and not on the actual side. That would have created more work. Oh well, it's done and I'm really looking forward to trying it out!
    Okay, off to shower and bed for me. Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • Machka9
    Options
    evie1958 wrote: »
    I've never had an MRI, but hubby had one a few years ago, said it wasn't so bad. I deeply envy Machka's ability to fall asleep so quickly, that does not happen to me. Although, if it is because of exhaustion, then maybe I don't envy that so much....

Evelyn, Vancouver Island

I actually envy people who can close their eyes and not fall asleep. It's a dangerous thing for me ... if I close my eyes for moment on the bus, I'm in danger of missing my stop. If I closed my eyes to rest them for a few seconds in my lectures when I was in uni, I was in danger of being woken when all the other students got up to go to their next class. And I don't dare close my eyes for any reason at all in meetings ... I feel like I have to be careful with blinking!!

I have actually dozed off during root canals! And the most recent time I was in the dentist getting a little bit of broken tooth fixed, I did start to doze off but then the dentist insisted on talking and I had to gather my energy to focus on what she was saying.

I think it is some sort of exhaustion. I feel like I sleep deeply at night ... I just feel like 9 hours a night would be a better number for me.

Machka in Oz
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Rori,

So good to hear from you.

I love the way you are gently bringing your brother's room along.

Sharing the way you are doing it is helpful to me as I purge our house in anticipation of moving to a retirement community.

It reminds me that storing other people's prized belongings in boxes represents stagnant energy and is best dealt with in a thoughtful and practical way. My mother's sewing table was sitting in my family room for years. I finally gave it to a young woman whose grandmother had just died. The woman kept her grandmother's sewing machine and was learning to sew, and needed a sewing table. I thought it would be impossible to give away my mother's sewing table, but I was wrong. It gave me a lot of joy to gift it.

Machka,

Do you think it's possible your propensity to doze off so quickly could be a sign of a sleep disorder, and not just due to sleep deprivation? It could be either. I don't have a sleep disorder, but I had this same pattern of falling off to sleep at the drop of a hat when I was studying & training, and sleep-deprived. But it went away once I was through the training. If you have "always" had this pattern of sleep, it is more likely to be a sleep disorder than a sign of sleep-deprivation.

Rita,

(((Hugs))) - to help you get over the rough spots

Karen in Virginia
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka,

Do you think it's possible your propensity to doze off so quickly could be a sign of a sleep disorder, and not just due to sleep deprivation? It could be either. I don't have a sleep disorder, but I had this same pattern of falling off to sleep at the drop of a hat when I was studying & training, and sleep-deprived. But it went away once I was through the training. If you have "always" had this pattern of sleep, it is more likely to be a sleep disorder than a sign of sleep-deprivation.

Karen in Virginia

I have always been a "good sleeper" in the sense that from when I was little, if I were given the chance to sleep or nap, I did!

It could be genetic - my parents like to sleep too.

It could be Delayed Sleep-Wake Phase Disorder (DSWPD) / Delayed sleep phase syndrome (DSPS)
    https://www.healthline.com/health/sleep-deprivation/delayed-sleep-phase-syndrome

When I'm left to my own devices, I sleep at 2 am and wake somewhere between 11 am and noon. That's comfortable for me, and on those days (weekends) I can usually function through the day without dozing off, although sometimes I want a nap.

Because I can't do that all the time, I force myself to go to bed at 12:30 am and get up at 8 am. That leaves me so tired all day but when evening rolls around, I usually start to feel better and I often find myself starting things and getting into stuff after 10 pm.

When I did the really long distance cycling, I'd perk up as the sun went down in the evening and could ride all night without much difficulty, but when the sun came up in the morning, that's when the exhaustion hit.

My best job, in terms of feeling energetic, was one where I worked the 3 pm to 11 pm shift. I'd get up about 11 am or noon, workout & cycle, then go to work. My husband then and some of our friends worked a similar shift so after work we'd get together to play pool or watch movies or whatever, and I'd go to bed about 3 or 4 am. Perfect!

Sadly office work requires me to be there during sleep hours!

M in Oz

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Machka: good point about insurance, hospital, police

Tracey that is concerning that he doesn't want to go to the hospital or police.

Tracey, your childhood/teeen eating sounds somewhat similar to mine. I have never been big on cafeteria food either! Also using lunch money for other stuff at some point. I was more mischievous from about age 12 to 15. From 16 or so I started do be more serious and healthy.
    When I was 11 I was about 10lbs overweight and so went on a diet that I organised myself when in the summer between primary and middle school, and lost 10 lbs or so, eating turkey breast and veggies, that I had my dad buy. I started liking veggies from about that age (puberty). It worked. My dad was into pb&j, tuna, hot dogs, hamburgs, and would buy us frozen pizza, tater tots, whatever was easy. so I learned to do my own cooking, count calories, pretty healthily for a 12 year old! (except the diet Fresca !) I surely cooked for my younger sister at the same time if she was up for turkey and veggies instead of frozen pizza.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    Arrrrgh! Typed in a long post, and then it went 'poof'. Just have time for a couple of lines.

My emotions are still on a roller coaster. Thursday will be 3 weeks since DB transitioned. I have his room completely emptied and refreshed. A good friend (who coincidentally also lost her spouse and sibling in close succession) is coming next month, so that is a major motivation for restoring the guest room. But handling Greg's personal belongings was hard. He didn't have much, so I have to believe the few photos, books and jewelry he kept were special to him. Still so much of his energy lingering here. I've enlarged and framed some of the photos of cats he had during his life. They are setting the tone for the theme of the room. 😹😺😼

Have spent an hour reading and now have to get moving. Stay well and keep looking up. We can do this.

Rori
    Flowing On in the
    Colorado Foothills

Rori thinking of you in this incredibly difficult period. I'm glad your friend is coming.