WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Okie – I don’t want to make a whole lot of noise (jumping) which is one reason why I don’t do exercise DVD’s at the condo except for yoga, pilates or stretching. Another reason is that I don’t have weights with me.

Michele NC
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline,
    Bonus: 10 mins filing, 2 + hrs grooming Tumble.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call GB to learn about bath process and time, email Deb re: goats milk, do something with goat’s milk, flagger course progress, ask Hill about ipads and google maps vs google earth, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart,; Do Your Thing, practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    August
    24: Forgive someone who hurt you in the past: Ugh, have been trying to do this for a long time, not succeeding.

KJ Owww! :laugh:
    Rita ((hugs))
    Barbie sad for your decision but think its wise.
    Michele “magic” brownies at your 60’s theme party. :lol:
    Machka the very happiest of anniversaries you to both!

Spent much of today combing mats out from Tumble. Have more to do. However did I let her get this bad? Fortunately she tolerates up to an hour of grooming at a time, which is about my max too.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    August: leaner/stronger/kinder than July.
    daily: sit with Joe: 21, weigh/wii: 23/0/0; steps>6704=6727 vits=22, log=23, CI<CO=22, CI<250<CO=17, Tumble=13, Shadow=22, mfp=24, outside=26, up hill=25, clean 10=22.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD YH=1, Wed:TC=2, PW=3. Thurs: Fri:TC=2. Sat:PW=3. rX x4=3.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2!!! 8/1:141.3 8/8:140.4 8/15:141.5 :rage:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF:13 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    Beth - Oh....Oh....Oh..... :# Sending hugs. XOXO

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Well this just sucks. Playing with our 9 mos lab (80 pounds) … he was thrown a stick in my direction… he watched the stick… I couldn’t get out of the way fast enough… and he barreled right into my “good” knee… which is now sheared off at the tibia. I’m in the ER overnight waiting for surgeon to decide if this can heal with just a stabilizer or if I need surgery. Good grief when it rains ….

Beth near Buffalo

So sorry!
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Well this just sucks. Playing with our 9 mos lab (80 pounds) … he was thrown a stick in my direction… he watched the stick… I couldn’t get out of the way fast enough… and he barreled right into my “good” knee… which is now sheared off at the tibia. I’m in the ER overnight waiting for surgeon to decide if this can heal with just a stabilizer or if I need surgery. Good grief when it rains ….

Beth near Buffalo

Dang, Beth - Hope there's good news coming and it's resolvable quickly.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,125 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. I have been skim reading the pages I have missed, so haven't time to comment much.

My heart goes out to those of you who are living in trying circumstances. My minor eye problem seems trivial in comparison to what some of you are dealing with.

Beth: Oh my goodness. (((Hugs))) and wishes for a swift resolution. 💕💖💕

Rita: 😍 Your visitors.

Machka: Happy Anniversary to you both.

Michele: Weights can easily be improvised. Full milk cartons are an excellent substitute for kettle bells. And there are always bodyweight exercises you can do.

@rjv230
    Age is no barrier to losing weight. Nor is small stature. I was 69 when I joined MFP in Jan 2015. I am now 75, and 83 lbs lighter, and way more fit and healthy than I have been in a long time. I recommend persevering with tracking your food on MFP, and moving more. I'm also one of the petites 😂 5'2" in my bare feet.

For those being impacted again by Covid restrictions:
    Covid is not finished with us yet. Being proactive is our best chance of surviving. Wearing masks, being vaccinated, and being careful is a small price to pay, and the least we can do for ourselves, and others.

☘️ Terri
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    (((RITA)))
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    MICHELE thanks, I don't think I need to go below 1200 total (not adding extra for sports) to be at goal or maintain, but I have not yet adjusted to this (what seems to me) little bit!
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    (((BETH))))

((((EVERYONE WHO NEEDS OR WANTS A HUG)))

Terri- thanks for the reminder that age and height are not barriers to weight loss!
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    Hi

BREAKFAST
    I had very late breakfast. Just a pear early before going out, so as not to be uncomfortably hungry for a long time, and then high protein cereal close to lunch time.
    -10g buckwheat flakes
    -15 gram natural high protein powder
    -soy milk about 100ml
    -soy yogurt about 150 mg
    -1tsp maple syrup
    -dash cardamon
    -maybe 20g frozen raspberries
    18g of protein in normal breakfast with 313 calories

health
    Feel tired! This weird feeling physically. Can't put finger on it nor on the cause! I went for a walk this morning, a good half hour, which often does the trick but still feel a bit "groggy-ish" a few hours later. Chills and tired, nothing major, but bleh! Back a bit tense.
    I get chills often when stressed or something. It generally passes with the stress or fatigue passing.

going back to dermatologist today :/
    I'm not keen on going across down and back for drs appointment!

The hospital secretary said a Dr will call me back to tell if they have removed the hypodermis - as instructed- or not, but she doesn't know when.

-it looks like I only have stage 1 squamous which is good.
    -according to doc received by dermatologist: 58% chance of recurrance for all squamous cc
    -what's nice is that they consider it "cured" and not in remission if all is removed.

I hoped to hear back from hospital before seeing the dermatologist.
    I'll see if she can give me a subscription for the B vitamin you recommended BARBARA!

I'm not up to date on mammogram so I'm scheduling that. we are supposed to have one every 2 years here, but it's been 3 for me. Always fine to date, so I don't worry at all.
    But since I've been really tired for some time without explanation and there are links between risk of one and another of these things, it's just as well that I be up to date, on tests, right?

Also colorectal. Here they don't recommend colonoscopy every 5 years for all here. It's probably a money thing, with national health care. They just do a stool sample to check for blood which only gets about 70% of those, which is quite a low rate of success! I think I could insist to someone to prescribe a colonoscopy, but they are not that much fun, :D so it's not first on my list.
    I had one about 13 years ago when I had serious runs non-stop for months without clear reason. When I stopped eating gluten the runs, and great fatigue totally stopped, and I've been functioning quite normally on the intestinal level ever since, thank goodness!

Ok I'm gonna rest a moment before trudging across town!

Grateful
    healthy food
    good night's sleep - slept pretty much without break from midnight to 7 am!
    soy yogurt lol
    raspberries
    cardamon
    olive oil
    salt

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options

Beth near Buffalo

Oh no! I'm so sorry. I hope you won't require surgery, although sometimes the healing is faster when you can just get it taken care of quickly with surgery.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    MACHKA thanks for reminding us of your lovely love story. I read on your website. I don't know if that's was already online. I knew most of it already (I didn't remember the thunder!) but it's lovely to read again!
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Beth- It is amazing the injury pets and small children can do to us! My knee injury (meniscus) back in 2014 was due to playing with the kids. Prayers for skilled physicians and physical therapists for you! ((( <3 )))

As of right now, with Delta on the rise, my October visit to see the grands is "on hold". I haven't bought tickets yet; so that is good. BUT...I really wanted to get down there and spend some time before baby #3 arrives in December. Oh well, it is what it is. KJ
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I zoomed in to see how Edie's nose was coming on. No wonder she was giving such a wan smile. :s

imapjds8ovqc.jpg

The doc told her she couldn't swim until it is better. :'(

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    B)
  • elizabethhoberg
    elizabethhoberg Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    checking in. :D
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

Beth near Buffalo

OMG Beth.

Yes this does suck.

How can I be of help to you from a distance?

I will send you a PM with my email if you want it for any reason.

Karen in Virginia

p.s.

Heather

Ouch! Poor Edie! :'(
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    ((((Beth))))
    Oh dear I will be praying for the most healthy outcome...
    Now i am getting nervous about going to the wedding in October but plan on wearing my mask and getting my 3rd booster before then..
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💛🧡❤️