At Goal & Successfully Maintaining. So Why Am I Doing This All Over Again?

Options

Replies

• sheahughes
    sheahughes Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Chocolate mint candy canes oh my gosh those exist?
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Options
    sheahughes wrote: »
    Chocolate mint candy canes oh my gosh those exist?

I’m still working my way through a case of Spangler Oreo candy canes I bought in January. 45 calories a pop but they taste like Tootsie Rolls, which is better.

Once I discovered them, then I couldn’t find them anywhere I ordered the case. They are great for a quick pick-me-up while walking to the gym or yoga classes.

Frankly, the choc-mint are disappointing. There’s also Jelly Belly, Sour Patch, red Hots, and another version.
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Options

If you’re overweight, tired and miserable now, just know that there comes a tipping point to the other side where you (literally!!!!) have energy to burn.

Weight creep. You don’t even realize how it saps your life force.

THIS!!! It's so hard to tell yourself to "just get up and move something!", but it really does help. I've been at this for almost 4 months now, and I just feel fantastic! I feel better than I have in a couple of years. I was really starting to feel "old" and run down, but 4 months of just a little bit of exercise every day has brought back my "youth".

(With the exception of "hormonal days", where I feel like I've been hit by a truck... *shakes fist at perimenopause*. The difference is that now I can see those days for what they really are.)
  • sheahughes
    sheahughes Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I've no idea what Tootsie Rolls taste like! I do love a choc mint combination anything though
  • springlering62
    edited November 2021
    Options
    sheahughes wrote: »
    I've no idea what Tootsie Rolls taste like! I do love a choc mint combination anything though

Wow. How do you describe a Tootsie Roll? It’s sorta like a chocolate taffy in a log or stick. Sorta like eating soft, delicious chocolate plastic. No redeeming qualities, other than bliss.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    I'm still stuck at "brioche".....

I wish I could buy bread and freeze it for gradual use but unfortunately I can taste freezer and that ruins it for me. Therefore, must consume the entire loaf in short order.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,333 Member
    Options
    The tare function is awesome. I use it mostly for 'negative' weights: pouring cooking oil, scooping out peanut butter or jam (I can then shamelessly lick the spoon/knife afterwards), etc.

As a side note: scales that time out quickly REALLY get on my nerves. Test your scale to see how quickly it turns off automatically, just so you know if you need to hurry or not when using the tare function!
  • springlering62
    edited November 2021
    Options
    BTW when creating meals, I make everything 1 serving and then divide from there.

For example “1” serving of Epic Fail Biscuits (I was running my mouth and accidentally used the whole stick of margarine) made 18 biscuits. One serving was 1673 calories.

Even I would never sit down and eat 18 biscuits.

To add them to your diary, go to >add food >my meals and select your meal.

I’m planning to have two ham biscuits for second breakfast before going to see my trainer. Two biscuits is .111 of the recipe. (I divided 2 by 18 to get this percentage.)

Change your serving size to (in this case) .111. Now you HAVE to hit the check mark below to change the quantities that carry over to your diary, otherwise all 1673 calories carry over.

9u36kh8cdp3u.jpeg

It’ll look like this after you correctly update your serving size. This is what you want to save to your diary.

p8tz9sxfzb1m.png

If you do accidentally add the whole thing, simply delete the items and try again.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    @goal06082021 crazy simple idea! Thank you! Will absolutely do this (weigh pans). I use the “meal” function and note how many grams are for the whole dish, then my serving is the appropriate percentage. Weighing the whole dish (finding an appropriately sized bowl, yet small enough to read when on my scale-sometimes having to weigh the total amount in two portions) was a pain in the tush!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,838 Member
    Options
    @goal06082021 crazy simple idea! Thank you! Will absolutely do this (weigh pans). I use the “meal” function and note how many grams are for the whole dish, then my serving is the appropriate percentage. Weighing the whole dish (finding an appropriately sized bowl, yet small enough to read when on my scale-sometimes having to weigh the total amount in two portions) was a pain in the tush!

Sometimes, if the sizing and weight works out OK, it helps to put a smaller bowl on the scale, tare, then put the pan of food on top of the bowl. The bowl elevates the pan so one can read the display. Gotta pay attention to stability, though. 😉
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    @AnnPT77 thanks!
  • springlering62
    Options
    ….but my bowls all look identical but weigh different amounts!

Even my pair of identical vintage Pyrex mixing bowls!

🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️