At Goal & Successfully Maintaining. So Why Am I Doing This All Over Again?

Options

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    ….but my bowls all look identical but weigh different amounts!

Even my pair of identical vintage Pyrex mixing bowls!

🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Yeah, that's the pitfall. Gotta figure out how to mark them somehow, or else remember to note the tare weight in the moment (I keep a pen and notepad by my scale in the kitchen to write down ingredient quantities while I cook, so I'm not constantly touching phone and food and phone and food). I have two seemingly-identical stainless steel prep bowls that differ by almost 60g between them.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,428 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    From the School of Head Smack:

It’s always driven me crazy that I couldn’t bulk edit my food diary when I changed plans (I sometimes log as far as a week in advance.)

I often put in a meal that has ten or twelve ingredients, or have to change serving size on all. That means I have to delete every entry (swipe left to delete) to correct portions or replace with new meal.

Well today I accidentally discovered how to do it easily and it’s via the honking big EDIT button at the top of the page.

Simply hit the EDIT button (smacks head yet again!)….
    xh49dl99vr4n.jpeg

…..and edit as needed, quickly and efficiently (may add a head bang or two here)
    u9hnooz16sti.png

Duh duh double DUH!

How did I never notice this button before? Familiarity breeds contempt, old dog new tricks etc etc etc.

Hoping this will help some other numpty like moi.

🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,111 Member
    Options
    For Android users, it's the little pencil at the top 🙂

zidvqtibjw10.jpg
    iydesu8lagi2.jpg
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    NB: for Android users, the "Edit" button is a little pencil icon in the upper right, instead of the word "edit" in the upper left like on iOS. Which I *did* see before right this very second, but never bothered to tap on it to see what it was, maybe I assumed it was like...a quick-access Notes button? Idk. But it is indeed the Edit feature. Heck.

Next you'll tell me there's a way to copy the whole day at once, or use recipes as ingredients in other recipes.
  • Lietchi
    Options
    NB: for Android users, the "Edit" button is a little pencil icon in the upper right, instead of the word "edit" in the upper left like on iOS. Which I *did* see before right this very second, but never bothered to tap on it to see what it was, maybe I assumed it was like...a quick-access Notes button? Idk. But it is indeed the Edit feature. Heck.

Next you'll tell me there's a way to copy the whole day at once, or use recipes as ingredients in other recipes.

Pencil button, check mark at the top to select the whole day and then tap on the the dots and you'll see 'copy to date' as an option 😉
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    and if you are on the website, not (either) of the phone / tablet app(s) ? (fingers crossed)
  • Lietchi
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    and if you are on the website, not (either) of the phone / tablet app(s) ? (fingers crossed)

For deleting or for copying? I don't think they're a way to delete several items at once. But with the 'quick tools' option under every meal, you can copy to and from other dates.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Thanks. I had discovered meal-by-meal copy over to other dates and from other dates. And the "edit the size of an individual item - eg copied-from-yesterday toast was 45 gr / today's slice was 52 gr

Wondered about an "edit" or "pencil" / select whole day / tap on little dots equivalent to explore to see if there was more I hadn't discovered yet.

• springlering62
    edited November 2021
    Options

You can!!! At least in the iOS phone app. I seldom drag out my computer and seldom use my iPad for MFP after the iPad app went through a glitchy period.

Use Create Meal, start a new meal, click on either my recipes or my meals and add the one you want to add. It will add it to the new meal you’ve created and you can even adjust the quantity before you do.

This is why I exclusively use “create meals” now as my recipe builder. It’s so much more flexible.

Go to main menu
    My meals and foods
    Create meal

Start a new meal

p8rhhmhf5pej.jpeg

Now “add food”. The same old choices come up including the option to add a previously saved meal or recipe to the new meal you’re building:
    qdax2ahi148o.jpeg

Now you can edit the existing ingredients and add in additional ones.
  • springlering62
    Options
    Or you can do what I do and simply copy an existing g meal and tinker with the ingredients. I’m always changing up my pancakes with a shredded apple or carrots, or other minor changes. So I always date mine too.

You’ll see my entries have huge calorie counts for “one” serving. I subdivide from there when I log them to my diary.

For example, that chicken pot pie made ten generous servings so I log .1 serving to my diary.

The Epic Fail (don’t ask) biscuits made 18.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I do boneless pork chops in the air fryer with seasoned salt. Lightly brown & so juicy.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    my toaster-oven theoretically has an air-fryer function setting, but we haven't experimented with it yet
  • springlering62
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    my toaster-oven theoretically has an air-fryer function setting, but we haven't experimented with it yet

You, my friend, are missing out.
  • sheahughes
    sheahughes Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My teen son bought himself an airfryer so he doesn't have to use the large oven when making himself snacks and meals - I was sceptical at first that it would be used but even I have used it when I wanted hot chips pronto. So far it has only done chips, pies etc but handy to know about the meats cooked in it are tasty too!
  • dblirondog
    dblirondog Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring!! I want to lose 30lbs. I am in the right place!