P90X/Insanity Hybrid... Join In @ Anytime!

Options

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    My body feels like a train wreck after that bout with Insanity last night. Legs, especially inner thighs & hamstrings, are killing me. This has taken a MAJOR toll on my knees. So glad I have an "easy" workout tonight with FOY yoga.

Getting through the entire Insanity program was very hard on my knees. Aleve gelcaps got me through. it's harder than jogging.
  • doo1963
    doo1963 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of taking some glutamine sulfate pills during insanity. I don't have too much trouble with my knees but when I run alot they seem to ache. Hoping that the glutamine will help.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I take glucosamine/chondroitin, lube my knees/shoulders/elbows up with a Ben Gay knockoff and use Tommy Kono Knee Sleeves (1/2" thick heavy duty neoprene) on my knees & elbows and my knees are still getting pounded.
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    That's one reason I am not ready to do an entire round of Insanity yet. We haven't done a workout from Insanity this week actually - just P90X and One on Ones. I think we may do another One on One tomorrow too to round out the week (Mason's Choice). Legs and Back today. I have such a hard time getting on my toes for the toe roll iso lunge. Other than that, loving that workout again - though talk about the knees grinding!
  • edorice
    Options
    I was thinking of taking some glutamine sulfate pills during insanity. I don't have too much trouble with my knees but when I run alot they seem to ache. Hoping that the glutamine will help.

I've taken glutamine for overall well being and to help muscle soreness, but it's does nothing for my joints.

Just got back from the gym, lunch break. Hubby was only in the mood for X Stretch this morning, so we did that instead of Insanity Max Recovery. I did some legs and back moves at the gym. Not a big calorie burn today, but tomorrow will be Max Interval Circuit.
  • doo1963
    Options
    Thanks for the info. on the glutamine. I guess we'll see if my knees can take the pounding of a full round of insanity.

Shoulders, arms and triceps tonight. Bought some adjustable dumbells at lunch today. I can go up to 35 lbs so I'm gonna really try and bring it tonight. I've only had 15lb max but I know I can do more weight so we'll see how much higher I can go.
  • edorice
    Options
    Thanks for the info. on the glutamine. I guess we'll see if my knees can take the pounding of a full round of insanity.

Shoulders, arms and triceps tonight. Bought some adjustable dumbells at lunch today. I can go up to 35 lbs so I'm gonna really try and bring it tonight. I've only had 15lb max but I know I can do more weight so we'll see how much higher I can go.

You'll be able to go up in weight soon enough. You'll be proud of yourself too!!!
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    Burned 1030 calories doing 66 minutes of " Max Cardio Conditioning & Abs with Cardio Abs"
  • edorice
    Options
    Insanity had me burning 600 calories this morning. Hopefully I can get in some double workouts this weekend, the scale is moving again.
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    Today is an off day, thank goodness. My knees will be thanking me!
  • Biglar010410
    Biglar010410 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey, Hey, This is my first time posting to the board. I did 2 rounds of P90X a year ago. Lost a total of 100lbs only to gain 40 of it back. I'm finally under the 300lb marker agian so I'm moving in the right direction. I go through these ruts where I eat what I want for a little while only to go over 300lbs and it's like when I hit that 300 it's a wake up call. So I've changed my eating habits and my workouts. I've recently incorporated P90x and my own work out routine 5 days a week. I just added Insanity on Tuesday's & Thursdays. I did the Fit test on Tuesday and the PLYO Cardio Circuit for the first time yesterday and let me tell you, it's no JOKE!!! It's a great workout. I have to tell you, P90x & Insanity are awesome. I usually work in the P90x & Insanity with specialized workouts that I create using fitness magazines with my gym. (Praise to LA Fitness) I look forward to keep you all posted. I am now officially aboard.

BIG LAR
  • doo1963
    Options
    Insanity had me burning 600 calories this morning. Hopefully I can get in some double workouts this weekend, the scale is moving again.
  • doo1963
    Options
    Sorry, I didn't get the quote and reply correct. Still learning.

Good for you on your calorie burn. I have a fall family reunion tomorrow so I need to really push on the workouts this weekend. Back and biceps tomorrow - love this workout.
  • edorice
    Options
    Seeing movement on the scale, hopefully by Monday morning I have good news to report. We just finished Max Cardio Conditioning, didn't do cardio abs. I plan to hit the gym later this afternoon for a second workout. I said it, I typed it, I'm going to make it happen.
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    Burned 600 calories doing 55 minutes of "P90X Chest, Shoulders, Tri's & ARX" ....Week 10 underway!
  • edorice
    Options
    Burned 600 calories doing 55 minutes of "P90X Chest, Shoulders, Tri's & ARX" ....Week 10 underway!

Wow, you burned a lot. Was that with drop sets?
  • BR1986FB
    Options

Wow, you burned a lot. Was that with drop sets?

Did a few drop sets on the chest exercises.
  • edorice
    Options
    BR -great workout. Are you going to be getting P90X + or the muscle confusion one that is supposed to be coming out?
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    BR -great workout. Are you going to be getting P90X + or the muscle confusion one that is supposed to be coming out?

I own P90X+ already. If you're referring to the new P90X that will be released in the Fall of 2011, definitely!

Insanity Max Interval Plyo is done with 953 calories burned. Much better with this workout the second time around.
  • edorice
    Options
    Cool Cool.

Today was rest day, but I won't be able to do our Monday workout in the morning...so we just completed chest, shoulder's and triceps. I prefer my workouts in the morning with my Fuzion k-akg.