P90X/Insanity Hybrid... Join In @ Anytime!

Options

Replies

• BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    BR - LOL that is too funny about the kitten.

Elaine - yeah, I think Power 90 is the one for now. Hubby was trying to get me to do Hip Hop Abs cardio blaster or something with them, but not yet.

Ermommy - agreed. You need a hrm. I'm 159 at 5'7'' and like Elaine said, we all burn differently. I burn about 400 calories during most of the P90X workouts.

Shoulders and Arms this morning. Had to turn it into a bit of a cardio workout towards the end as we were running out of time. Good lifting though. I love that workout!
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Core syn done with 666 calories burned.....
  • BOGmama2010
    Options
    Got Fountain of Youth Yoga from the UPS guy last night. Good thing too. We woke up late this morning (I forgot to set the alarm last night) and we wouldn't have had enough time for Yoga X. I did like it, but it left me wanting more. I guess after doing Yoga X for 6 months, it just didn't feel complete.

Elaine - last night I was previewing Sweat 1-2 from Power 90 and fell asleep during it. LOL I just kept thinking, wow this is what we do as warm-up in P90X. Oh well, it will be good for my Fit Club. I need to switch in some easier stuff for them from time to time so that the older ones don't feel too left out.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    3rd day, phase 2 of hybrid. Back and biceps done. I'm starting to tune out that chick Katie in the DVD, but she used to be beyond annoying to me. i burned 326 calories this morning. It's been hot all week and I need to start doing more doubles at the gym with jogging on my lunch hour. Last time I jogged was this past weekend. Not enough.
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    Kenpo/Cardio X+ tonight....4 more days until the "fun" begins...Max Insanity workouts.
  • edorice
    Options
    After back and biceps yesterday my back seized up on me. Motrin didn't do much for the pain. I just took some Aleve Gelcaps. No workout this morning. Today was supposed to be Insanity Max Recovery. Can't stay home from work today because it's "month end" at my job. Today may strongly suck.
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    edorice...hope the back is feeling better. I think I have stock in the Walmart & Walgreens Ben Gay knockoffs. That stuff goes on my knees, shoulders, elbows & lower back, liberally, prior to most workouts.

Insanity Cardio Recovery for me tonight and week 8 is done. Then off to weigh in and take measurements.
  • BOGmama2010
    Options
    Elaine - sorry that you got hurt. I woke up with a stiff neck this morning. Ugh. What do you do? I have the same "month end" feeling today as well.

Legs and Back this morning. I have missed that workout. It was replaced with Core Syn the entire last month of P90X Lean (which was our last round). I will say though that doing squats and lunges with Debbie Siebers for 6 days a week, 6 weeks really helped me during this workout. I was able to get a lot lower in my lunges and squats and my form was a lot better too.
  • edorice
    Options
    Thanks guys.

Core Syn is such a great workout. I think it's better than the leg workout. It's still challenging for me.

Well, I gotta watch the calories today because of no workout. We may stretch this evening, but tonight is Big Bang Theory so it might not happen!
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    Day off for me. Back at it starting off the home stretch with P90X Chest & Back w/ ARX tomorrow. Will also have to review the Insanity Max workouts on the dvd player before starting that endeavor on Sunday. Have a GREAT day all!!! :flowerforyou:
  • edorice
    Options
    Thanks you too.

Well, that back issue couldn't keep me down! I was still a little sore this morning. Emptied out my Aleve Gel Caps last night. But we got up and did a shorter Insanity workout. We did Cardio Power and Resistance (I think that's the name). I burned over 500 calories. I'm proud of that workout. I should be 100% by tomorrow. We're starting to get cooler weather, so that's another plus.

Elaine
  • BOGmama2010
    Options
    Glad you're feeling better, Elaine. Hubby put in Kenpo this morning instead of Pure Cardio. I was a little disappointed, but we get a great burn during Kenpo (we push!) that it was fine and our legs are so sore after Legs and Back yesterday that we really did need it. Looking forward to rest day tomorrow and then starting back up on Sunday. Have a great day!
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    Week 9 starts with chest, back & ARX. Woooooooo....watched the Insanity MAX dvd's last night which I start tomorrow. I got this!
  • edorice
    Options
    Of course you got this!

This morning was Max Cardio Conditioning. It was kind of ugly. LOL Got through it and burned 747 calories. We're going to hit the park later on and do some jogging and push-ups.

Have a good Saturday everyone!
  • june_warner
    june_warner Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I just finished my last lifting week of P90X. Next week I have my last recovery week. I am so excited to have completed 3 complete rounds of this program. I will be starting my second full round of Insanity in 2 weeks. Next week I am going to mix it up a bit and do a 6 day low calorie high protein diet filled with chicken, fish and veggies. no dairy and little carbs. This is only a 6 day detox then I will be going back to eating my norm diet again when I start Insanity. I am also going to incorporate Brazillian Butt Lift starting next week. I know the first few days are gonna suck, but I can do it!!!
  • edorice
    Options
    Way to go with tail end of your 3rd round June.

We did Cardio Power and Balance again this morning. I burned 589 calories, more than Thursday.
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    Today was my first venture with Insanity Max interval plyo. burned 983 calories and it was rough. Heart rate was through the roof. I'd give it an 8 out of 10 as far as my effort level went. Had to stop for a few breaks. It will get better.
  • june_warner
    june_warner Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Today was my first venture with Insanity Max interval plyo. burned 983 calories and it was rough. Heart rate was through the roof. I'd give it an 8 out of 10 as far as my effort level went. Had to stop for a few breaks. It will get better.

Oh the Max Intervals.....they are so tuff!! Way to stick with it, and just remember even the people in the videos are taking breaks so you are doing a great job! I start my full second round in 1 week. I can't wait to get back to it on a daily basis.
  • BR1986FB
    Options

Oh the Max Intervals.....they are so tuff!! Way to stick with it, and just remember even the people in the videos are taking breaks so you are doing a great job! I start my full second round in 1 week. I can't wait to get back to it on a daily basis.

Pretty sure I saw you on my Facebook page today. I think Tommy Mygrant posted the success story of your transformation.

After chest & back yesterday and Max Interval Plyo today I think I'm going to be seeing pushups in my sleep. LOL
  • edorice
    Options
    That's why we tweaked our hybrid after we did our 1st week. With Chest and Back on Mondays and then to do Max interval Plyo with all of those push-ups; it was brutal. That's why we are doing P90X plyo (no push-ups) on Tuesdays and then our Insanity workouts starting on Thursday through Saturday.

Today we went to our first tailgate party down at The Chargers stadium in San Diego. We had a decent time. I didn't over do it on calories today, but I did snack too much. We did a rare Insanity workout this morning to make up for any sins done today. LOL