P90X/Insanity Hybrid... Join In @ Anytime!

Options

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    We did some Ab Ripper this morning. Seriously, does it get easier? I want to get to the point that it is effortless.
  • june_warner
    june_warner Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    June - What type of venue do you hold your fit club at?
    We hold it at a High School Field House. The guy who runs the fit club is also a coach and gets the facility for free. If you have ever watched P90X infomercials it's the guy in the middle that has done 5 rounds and lost 112 pounds. His name is Tommy and he's a great friend of mine!!!
  • june_warner
    Options
    Had to take a few days off to move and today I got to workout in my amazing basement! I love my new place! I did chest, shoulders and Tri's and I also did TurboFire 55EZ just to do extra since I haven't done a dvd workout. Although I'd say moving in itself is a huge calories burner I just didn't feel as good as I do doing dvd's. I burnt 708 calories today and feel great! Hope everyone else has a great workout!
  • edorice
    Options
    We hold it at a High School Field House. The guy who runs the fit club is also a coach and gets the facility for free. If you have ever watched P90X infomercials it's the guy in the middle that has done 5 rounds and lost 112 pounds. His name is Tommy and he's a great friend of mine!!!

Too cool! We met Tommy at the coaches seminar in LA a couple of months ago. He's super nice. I'm so glad I met him. People expect everyone to be able to get it done in 90 days and be done with it. Some folks are going to P120X'ers and just have to keep pushing play.
  • june_warner
    Options

Too cool! We met Tommy at the coaches seminar in LA a couple of months ago. He's super nice. I'm so glad I met him. People expect everyone to be able to get it done in 90 days and be done with it. Some folks are going to P120X'ers and just have to keep pushing play.

Exactly right! I am in my 3rd round and still feel like I am gonna need another round or two to get my fat % down. But I am going to do a second complete round of Insanity in 2 1/2 weeks. People need to be patient, it's a process. It took me awhile to understand that but once I realized it's gonna take a lot longer than I wanted it to I accepted it and take one day at a time. It is paying off and I am now addicted to it. I will continue to do many more rounds of these two programs until the new programs come out (can't wait for that either)
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    morning about to work on the guns for this weeks showdown Texans vs cowgirls :) chest n biceps up next
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    :indifferent:
  • 4KidFather
    Options
    Kacates: Insantity is a calorie burning , fat-shredder of a system. Many people substitue some of the workouts into P90X but keep the Resistance workouts from Tony. I personally am NOT trying to lose weight so avoid insanity at the moment. However a lot of women REALLY enjoy it and feel great. My Wife may do such a hybrid but the P90X cardios (Plyo) are also great.

Bump this cool thread!!!
  • edorice
    Options
    Well, we're moving along with our recovery week. We just finished P90X Core Synergistics. This is the 2nd time doing it this week. Such an awesome workout. I'm going to have to do some of those moves when I hit the gym on the weekend. Tomorrow after work I may do some running at the gym.

Strange... today I burned 680 calories doing Core Syn and Monday I burned over 450 calories.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options

Just noticed you are from Bellevue. Good old Tommy Mygrant. He's my coach. Never met him but he seems like a great guy. Part of my motivation for doing this.
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    Strange... today I burned 680 calories doing Core Syn and Monday I burned over 450 calories.

You have the Walmart Sportline HRM correct? If so, I have it too and I get ridiculous calorie burns. Granted, I'm a big guy but sometimes burning 700+ calories on yoga seems a bit "off."
  • edorice
    Options
    Just noticed you are from Bellevue. Good old Tommy Mygrant. He's my coach. Never met him but he seems like a great guy. Part of my motivation for doing this.

He was super down to earth when we met him. At first, we were sort of pointing at him like a bunch of groupies. What do you expect when we watch the commercial at least every other day. I even quoted him, "nobody's watchin'".
  • BR1986FB
    Options

He was super down to earth when we met him. At first, we were sort of pointing at him like a bunch of groupies. What do you expect when we watch the commercial at least every other day. I even quoted him, "nobody's watchin'".

I have him friended on Facebook. He has his own Youtube "diary" or something like that where he shares his thoughts.
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm jumping in here. Finally got hubby to tell me what he decided on for our 3rd round and he chose the hybrid. He doesn't need to lose anymore weight and we both like Tony's craziness. We were watching a number of the teaser videos for One on Ones and I am going to order some today to rotate in as well.

Too funny about Tommy. My coach is Tami French and she and her hubby were on QVC a couple of days ago with Tony selling P90X. I watched an entire hour of QVC (unheard of!) just to watch them and Tony. LOL

See you on Sunday! That'll be day 1. Hello, Chest and Back!
  • edorice
    Options
    I don't mess with Facebook, but I've check in with him on the beachbody forums. It didn't surprise me too much that has tried out some of the other programs like Insanity. I also like his just 'shut up and get it done' way of thinking now.
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    Insanity Pure Cardio and week 7 of the hybrid...D-O-N-E!!!
  • june_warner
    Options

Yes he is an amazing motivator. We had fit club tonight and we all talked about nutrition and just everyday stuff after class for an hour. He has a passion for people. I have known Tommy even in our "fat days" and so we know the struggles people face day in and day out. He has guided me and been there for me when I have needed him. AWESOME guy. I can't say enough about him. I hope you get to meet him someday.
  • june_warner
    Options
    I had Fit Club tonight, so it was a mix up upper, middle, lower moves from p90x and Insanity. I burnt 595 calories. I love Thurs nights.
  • june_warner
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm jumping in here. Finally got hubby to tell me what he decided on for our 3rd round and he chose the hybrid. He doesn't need to lose anymore weight and we both like Tony's craziness. We were watching a number of the teaser videos for One on Ones and I am going to order some today to rotate in as well.

Too funny about Tommy. My coach is Tami French and she and her hubby were on QVC a couple of days ago with Tony selling P90X. I watched an entire hour of QVC (unheard of!) just to watch them and Tony. LOL

See you on Sunday! That'll be day 1. Hello, Chest and Back!

Tommy has also been on QVC a few times and that's the only time I watch it too!!! LOL
  • edorice
    Options
    I used to be a QVC freak. I love to buy silver jewelry and they have great quality.
    Time to eat dinner, peace.