P90X/Insanity Hybrid... Join In @ Anytime!

Options

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Not much change in the knee but I'm still probably going to give Insanity Max Plyo Interval a shot on Sunday after an all day icefest (after P90X Chest/Shoulder/Tris) tomorrow.

Max Plyo wouldn't be the best DVD to do after an injury. How about some Max Interval?
  • doo1963
    doo1963 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Cardipower and resistance done tonight. Had to pause a couple of times but I really did well after I started back up again. Ready for cardio recovery tomorrow (although I understand it's not much of a recovery).
  • edorice
    Options
    Today was yoga, but I felt like going to the gym instead. I did an hour doing a mile on the elliptical, 2 miles on the treadmill, and two miles on the bike. I burned 935 calories. Then my Ipod died, so I left. LOL
  • chrismouse9
    Options
    So Imk almost done with week 1 of P90X and I already feel the difference. Its amazing. Today was Kenpo X and it was fun. I like working out but I never thought of it as fun. It was extrtemly tough and since Im not flexible at all, some parts were really hard, but over all it was done before I knew it and I was drenched in sweat. I just hope my enthusiasm and attitude stay where it is at.
  • chrismouse9
    Options
    That yoga is no Joke! For me who has been in and out of sports and gyms my whole life the lifting is not easy but bearable. The yoga kicks my butt the most!!!
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Back in the swing of things with P90X Chest/Shoulders/Tris & ARX. Workout went smoothly. Still on the fence about doing Insanity tomorrow. I hopped around a little on the knee today to see how it would react and it seemed ok but it's still pretty sore.
  • doo1963
    Options
    Cardio recovery today. Reminded me of yoga. Looking forward to Pure Cardio tomorrow.
  • edorice
    Options
    Looking forward to Pure Cardio tomorrow.

Who is this crazy woman?!?! hahaha I will never make that comment!
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    Not much change in the knee but I'm still probably going to give Insanity Max Plyo Interval a shot on Sunday after an all day icefest (after P90X Chest/Shoulder/Tris) tomorrow.

Max Plyo wouldn't be the best DVD to do after an injury. How about some Max Interval?

Max Interval (sprint...lunge.....sprint.....lunge) is what caused the injury in the first place.
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    Completed Insanity Max Interval Plyo with some apprehension, at first. Went surprisingly well with minimal pain. I avoided the "2 lunge, 2 hop squat" sequence because lunges are what popped the hamstring. I subbed out that part with mummy kicks until the next exercise. Icing the knee before the Browns game...
  • doo1963
    Options
    Looking forward to Pure Cardio tomorrow.

Who is this crazy woman?!?! hahaha I will never make that comment!

Well they do say that ignorance is bliss! Completed pure cardio and added on the cardio abs even though the schedule didn't say I had to it. Love the way I feel after these workouts.

BR - How about those Browns today???? Never know what you're gonna get with them but it nice to see them kick some butt today.
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    BR - How about those Browns today???? Never know what you're gonna get with them but it nice to see them kick some butt today.

Loving life! ANY time you can dominate the Super Bowl Champs it's a good feeling. Will make the week MUCH better.
  • edorice
    Options
    Today kicked off phase three of our hybrid. We did Shoulders and arms today. The diet was NOT on track yesterday. I'm going to be paying for it today. Sipping my green tea now to finish waking up. Tomorrow we are going to do Max Interval Plyo from Insanity. We haven't done that in two months!!!
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    Finished my last weight workout (back & biceps) of this hybrid. I don't really have far to go before I can keep my body in a somewhat "maintenance mode" and add muscle/get more ripped as I wish. I'm toying with the idea of a 5 day split (3 days Max Insanity, 2 days P90X super heavy workouts...6-8 reps) for my next hybrid in November.
  • edorice
    Options
    We did Max Interval Plyo this morning. I burned 558 calories. About the last half of the workout I wanted to barf, but luckily I didn't have anything to barf. Not a pretty picture, but that is how I felt. I hate that workout.
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    hey im new to mf but i was planning on starting insanity next week and ive heard great things about it you think i will be able to do it / any tips?
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    Burned 875 calories doing 59 minutes of "Insanity Max Interval Circuit"
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    hey im new to mf but i was planning on starting insanity next week and ive heard great things about it you think i will be able to do it / any tips?

I learned very quickly when I first started this journey with P90X, regardless of how hard it seems, don't get frustrated. Take breaks as needed and don't give up. It won't necessarily get easier but you will get better.
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    Tonight should be real interesting. It will be my first venture of back-to-back Insanity workouts. Normally, my last Insanity day of the week would be Thursday but I have an engagement that I have to be at so I'm doing it tonight. My knee is telling me "why are you doing this to me?"
  • edorice
    Options
    hahaha, well good luck!

We were up too late watching The Biggest Loser last night. We didn't finish watching it on Tivo till 10:30pm and I normally don't stay up that late. So getting up this morning really sucked. We got through chest and back this morning. I only burned 248 calories this morning. I don't feel like jogging at lunch. So, I think that's it for today.