How do I know if I have wide hips or not?

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    What?

What???

How does biotin give you hips?

Anyway, yes, you have a slight curve between your hips and waist. Not as dramatic as some, more than others. It's bone structure and you can't change it. In some clothes, the curve will be more noticable. I have a 12-inch difference and in certain outfits, you can't see it at all.
  • rml_16
    Options
    to me you dont have big hips at all but if you want to know enter your measurements here http://www.calculator.net/body-type-calculator.html to find out what type of body you have

Thanks but it doesn't give me a shape. I don't fit in completely supposedly with that calculator

I just tried the calculator too, and it said I didn't fit in with their shapes either...although my waist is 10 inches smaller than my bust and hips which I am pretty sure= hourglass.
    Yeah, mine doesn't come up, either. I have Marilyn Monroe proportions (though mine are bigger than hers, sadly). My hips and bust are the same and my waist is 12 inches smaller. Definite hourglass.
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    you worry too much. just like yourself.

This.
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I tried out the body type calculator mentioned back on page one...apparently my body type doesn't exist :P oh well!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    :noway: Just WoW!!! I can see being curious about what body shape u would be considered but really??? I remember having friends like this in middle school... Always phishing 4 compliments... It was VERY annoying just like this is! Get over yourself OP!!!

You sound jealous. I'm not asking for compliments. But you do seem to be a hater and that gets old and annoying to me. Been there done that.

Just admit it you just accused me of phishing so you can negatively post about me. I did nothing to indicate I ever asked for a compliment.

If you're upset posters left positive feedback I didn't post it. Your problem is with them or yourself for being so sensitive. But not me.

and the jealousy card, ladies and gentlemen.... Seriously, OP? Sounds to me like she was making sense. Maybe you should listen, because 5 pages of you arguing everything everyone said really seems like you are phishing.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    If you use the magical beauty equation your hips should be 1.68x your waist for perfect proportions. If your hips are wider than this calculation too wide. If narrower too narrow.

But it is all a load of rubbish. Just learn to like yourself and try clothes on to see if they fit.

I like my body shape but I'm tired of not knowing exactly which body shape I am.

My butt sets everything off. If I had wider hips or an A cup I'd be able to pinpoint my shape better I think.

It doesn't matter which shape you are since you BF% is so low. Try things on, check the mirror, have a friend tag along to check your butt. Body shape is important to women with higher BF% to use clothing to hide their extra fat with an "optical illusion."

That is why people keep telling you to just be happy. You don't sound happy with your (beautiful) body when you continue to complain about your butt, your hips, etc.
  • juliekbwell
    juliekbwell Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    ...and this is a success story, how?!
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Somewhere online I once found a site that used about 6 or 8 shapes instead of just 3. It included a cello ( a larger hourgalss), and a lollipop ( a slighltly topheavy hourglass with long thin legs). I would love to find these descriptions again, since they seem to give more options. I seemed to be a lollipop, which made much more sense than the hourglass.

Not that any of it really matters!!

lollipops aren't hourglass shaped. They're top heavy... I'm actually a lollipop but that's not one of the standard shapes which I prefer.

You are right, the lollipop is not so curvy in the hips. I would agree that you probably are lollipo-ish! Your pictures are similar to me. And I consider myself in the lollipop category.

Personally, I like the designation. The description puts us with lots of starlets that are considered quite attractive. I will take that!

But then, at 45, I am just happy to be considered slim and attractive!! Age does change your perspective!

Your pix are very attractive. I hope you are learning what you needed to know from the replies. . . .
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    ...this is still going?
  • Ideal362433
    Options
    :noway: Just WoW!!! I can see being curious about what body shape u would be considered but really??? I remember having friends like this in middle school... Always phishing 4 compliments... It was VERY annoying just like this is! Get over yourself OP!!!

You sound jealous. I'm not asking for compliments. But you do seem to be a hater and that gets old and annoying to me. Been there done that.

Just admit it you just accused me of phishing so you can negatively post about me. I did nothing to indicate I ever asked for a compliment.

If you're upset posters left positive feedback I didn't post it. Your problem is with them or yourself for being so sensitive. But not me.

and the jealousy card, ladies and gentlemen.... Seriously, OP? Sounds to me like she was making sense. Maybe you should listen, because 5 pages of you arguing everything everyone said really seems like you are phishing.

Never argued. End of your fable. I was discussing my opinion. Why do you want to fight? So not going to happen. Find another thread to do that plz.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I still want to know what biotin has to do with it.

Oh, yeah...I was perplexed by that also.
    I still want to know what biotin has to do with it.

Do a search on this site it talks about weight issues and biotin.

No, Biotin does not do anything for weight loss or hip size. There are of course many benefits to b-vitamins. And people on here tend to take biotin for hair growth. It may help with that, but it's probably not necessary (since it is so incredibly rare, to the point of nearly impossible, to have a biotin deficiency if you are eating a normal diet).
  • Ideal362433
    Options
    Somewhere online I once found a site that used about 6 or 8 shapes instead of just 3. It included a cello ( a larger hourgalss), and a lollipop ( a slighltly topheavy hourglass with long thin legs). I would love to find these descriptions again, since they seem to give more options. I seemed to be a lollipop, which made much more sense than the hourglass.

Not that any of it really matters!!

lollipops aren't hourglass shaped. They're top heavy... I'm actually a lollipop but that's not one of the standard shapes which I prefer.

You are right, the lollipop is not so curvy in the hips. I would agree that you probably are lollipo-ish! Your pictures are similar to me. And I consider myself in the lollipop category.

Personally, I like the designation. The description puts us with lots of starlets that are considered quite attractive. I will take that!

But then, at 45, I am just happy to be considered slim and attractive!! Age does change your perspective!

Your pix are very attractive. I hope you are learning what you needed to know from the replies. . . .

I like that about the lollipop too. My favorite lollipop figure is katey perry. My only issue with it is when I say that people assume I'm saying pear shaped or hourglass. Or they just don't really get what a lollipop body shape is. Which is why I like popular shapes. But I prefer lollipop over inverted triangle. It's such a long boring name.
    Me too and yeah I should altogether stop posting on this thread because I got my answer so all is good.
  • juliekbwell
    juliekbwell Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    That and take note that this section is for success stories, not finding your body type. Maybe "Motivation and Support"???
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Taking a BIG step back.
    You look great in ALL those pics, especially if your age in your profile is accurate.
    Wide Hips? I just see "great'.

If you want to be super toned, you have to make sure all of your exercise and eating works towards that.
    but that said, you look fantastic.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I don't like the ruler shape it seems boring. And rulers don't have 40' shoulders. I have a ruler lower half if inverted triangles don't have defined waists. Then I guess I'm half rectangle half inverted triangle

I say pick whatever shape pleases you and fits your dimensions the closest.

You have a lovely figure. PERFECT actually. Stop stressing. :flowerforyou:

Edited to add: I found the 12 body types calculator if anyone is interested: http://www.bodyshapecalculator.co.uk/
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    You're 20 years old and slender.

WTF is wrong with that?

Nothing I actually like my shape I just wanted a name for it. I guess I'm an inverted trectangle lol

You're 20 - it's all gonna change soon anyways.... Especially if kids get involved. :P
  • Ideal362433
    Options

WTF is wrong with that?

Nothing I actually like my shape I just wanted a name for it. I guess I'm an inverted trectangle lol

You're 20 - it's all gonna change soon anyways.... Especially if kids get involved. :P

My moms on this site actually she's under a hundred lbs without trying.
    She was 170 something lbs when she gave birth to me then she lost it by spring. She's never had weight issues besides when she was pregnant. She's 40 in feb.

I have a slimmer family... It took my grandma 4 kids back to back before year after year before she gained kept some of the weight from pregnancy. She had 9 kids she was skinny by 33. Which was 2 years after her nonetheless child all my grandma's family is skinny. Many of them are flat chested but my grandma isn't and stayed skinny too.
  • Ideal362433
    Options
    I don't like the ruler shape it seems boring. And rulers don't have 40' shoulders. I have a ruler lower half if inverted triangles don't have defined waists. Then I guess I'm half rectangle half inverted triangle

I say pick whatever shape pleases you and fits your dimensions the closest.

You have a lovely figure. PERFECT actually. Stop stressing. :flowerforyou:

Edited to add: I found the 12 body types calculator if anyone is interested: http://www.bodyshapecalculator.co.uk/
    double thanks. I tried many calculators didn't do this one thanks.
  • Ideal362433
    Options
    Taking a BIG step back.
    You look great in ALL those pics, especially if your age in your profile is accurate.
    Wide Hips? I just see "great'.

If you want to be super toned, you have to make sure all of your exercise and eating works towards that.
    but that said, you look fantastic.

Thank but you're right I need to change my age. I'm sorry I don't know how it say an older age sorry about that.
  • rml_16
    Options

WTF is wrong with that?

Weight issues sometimes occur with age, but your SHAPE does not change.

I'm 36 and I've had a baby and my SHAPE is the same as it was when I was 13. It's just a bigger version.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!