martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    Sept totals: 17.4/70 miles

9/2: 3.1 miles
    9/3: 4.1 miles
    9/5: 3.1 miles
    9/6: 3 miles
    9/8: 4.1 miles

I transition over to the HH Novice 2 HM plan this week. I think if you are a committed run-walk person the Galloway plan is probably great but as a running only plan, it just didn’t work as well for me once the long runs actually got long.
    My birthday and my daughters birthday fall over the Labor Day weekend so this past weekend was also a birthday celebration for us. I have recently decided I wanted to try camping so my MIL/FIL got me started with a tent, some cooking utensils, and a hiking backpack. Then I promptly spend $500 on other necessities, bought a state parks pass, and booked my first weekend! I am now invested and am becoming a camper! I got the last tent spot at a state park near me for the first weekend in October. That gives my gear time to get here and for me to unpack everything and practice setting stuff up. And another month to help ease the weather towards fall. For the first trip I am going alone but there will literally be people all around me and I’m not afraid to ask for help if I need it. My daughter wants to camp too but I didn’t want the additional stress of managing her wants and needs on top of a completely new experience for the first go around. She will definitely be coming on some trips in the future.

@katharmonic Absolutely beautiful!

@RunsOnEspresso You are not being too picky. You just haven’t found what works for you yet. You’ll find your glass slipper of a vest!

@johnisrunning I applaud you for being able to run after having an ingrown toenail fixed. Maybe a little bit of lunacy!

@Scott6255 It was noticeably cooler this morning here too! Upper 60’s when I set out and it was heaven. Humidity is still high, that’s a given here but I’ll take humid and cool over humid and hot any day! Our first real taste of fall won’t last but I’m going to enjoy it while it is here.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,531 Member
    Options
    So the second pack arrived yesterday. Tried it on last night and am not a fan of how it fits. Sigh. Am I being too picky?!

Absolutely not too picky. I regret the pack I bought, was great in the winter in long sleeves, now I wear long sleeves all the time as the side straps rub the skin off the inside of my elbows away. Be picky!

Hope your son is doing better @sweetdaisy13

I love camping @martaindale - up to a point, may you have many years of joy from it as I did!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    9-1 7k easy
    9-2 rest
    9-3 4k slow
    9-4 4k sloooooooow
    9-5 4k easy
    9-6 4k moderate
    9-7 4k moderate
    9-8 rest

September Total: 27k
    September Goal: 150k

Golf instead of running today. League was moved to today from Monday.
    @katharmonic I know you already know this, but for the benefit of other readers, you have about a month to bag those last two peaks before the snow starts.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2021 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

PUT THE FUN BACK IN THE RUN!
    Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs (second attempt)

2021 Races:

6/26 Direction Up 5k, Solon, OH 31:48 chip; 31:59 Garmin; 53d overall; 2d male 65 and over
    7/17 Run of the Ox 5k, Mantua, OH 32:19 Garmin; 44th overall; 3d place male 60 and over
    9/18 Hattie Larlham ThriveK, Aurora, OH
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    @sweetdaisy13 sorry to hear about your son. That must have been quite painful.
    @shanaber love seeing the two vizslas together!
    @katharmonic great photos!
    @martaindale I love camping but don't go nearly enough. Maybe twice a year. Camping will be a great opportunity to go trail running.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    @martaindale I love camping but don't go nearly enough. Maybe twice a year. Camping will be a great opportunity to go trail running.
    Yes! My thought as well. And hiking. I really enjoy hiking and camping at the park gives me a chance to tackle some longer hikes and make it back to camp with some time to chill.
    Also, that puffball is CRAZY!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    @7lenny7 I love puffballs but when they get super big they do have a weird texture. I like them best when they are about as big as a fist. I assume you know to always cut them open and make sure it’s actually a puffball and not an amanita that hasn’t opened yet. If you see any internal structures like gills, don’t eat!

I do them in butter with white wine. They should be brown and lightly crunchy on the outside of each slice and creamy inside.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 I love puffballs but when they get super big they do have a weird texture. I like them best when they are about as big as a fist. I assume you know to always cut them open and make sure it’s actually a puffball and not an amanita that hasn’t opened yet. If you see any internal structures like gills, don’t eat!

I do them in butter with white wine. They should be brown and lightly crunchy on the outside of each slice and creamy inside.

This!!!
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options

@rheddmobile Yes, I do check for gills and for bug infestation. I'm 100% positive on the identification.

A friend of mine also told me that the smaller puffballs are better so I'll keep looking. I think one of my issues was frying at too low of a temperature which allowed it to absorb too much butter. I should have tried some in the air fryer. Next time!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    September Goal: 95 Miles

9/1: 4.05 miles
    9/2: 5.51 miles
    9/5: 7.51 miles
    9/7: 4.11 miles
    9/8: 4.31 miles

25.49/95  miles completed for September

Today's run was supposed to be tge same as yesterday,  a base run, 3.5 miles in 36 minutes at 10:24 average pace.  I ran 4.3 miles in 49 minutes with an average pace of 11:27. It was a good run. My hip felt good and my foot that was annoying me yesterday was good too. It's still hit though and I just feel slow when it is hot.  It's supposed to be a little cooler in the morning. I guess we'll see. The plan is for 5 miles at HM pace.  I feel confident with the 5 miles,  but not sure the pace is going to happen. 

Happy Belated Birthday @martaindale ! I hope you enjoy the camping.

exercise.png

2021 Races:
    4/24/21: Run For The Children 10K PR 55:46:28.
    11/6/21: Run For 57th AHC Half Marathon
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Sorry, it's not working. I'll have to try from my computer