September 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,972 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    @kgirlhart I'm so glad your mom is okay!

@rheddmobile Yeah. My driveway is pretty much a hill. At least I don't have to worry about finding a place for hill repeats! Haha about the car. So fancy.

@Tramboman Glad your leg is better and your hip is back to "normal."
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 I used to shop at the Brunsville mall every back to school season.

7 miles this morning. I didn't post yesterday but I only did 3.25. It wasn't meant to be yesterday. Today I felt much better.

53/174
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    @rheddmobile @7lenny7 how interesting. I had to google what the heck an "osage orange" was only to see pictures of a freaking "hedge apple" (how I have always heard them referred to). Strange that I have never heard the other reference. I have only recently begun seeing them on the ground this year just over the last week or two. Typically the next morning they are mostly gone with just little bits remaining as the deer try to eat them for some reason.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso unfortunately Burnsville mall is just a shell of its former self. I think about 2/3rds of the stores are empty now, the owners are in bankruptcy and the city is trying to get it redeveloped.
    @WhatMeRunning I knew them as hedge apples when I lived in Kansas. I just saw some for sale in our local grocery store. Apparently they keep spiders away if you put them in your house.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 That's sad to hear. I loved that mall.

Although it seems most malls are headed that way. We went to one a week or so ago, thinking it opened at 10 but it didn't open until 11 and even then some stores didn't open at all (appeared no one showed up to work). We also had a mall that changed into some educational campus (medical something I think).
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,442 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart glad your mom wasn't hurt too bad.
    @Camaramandy648 nice to see you back on the thread. I've seen you killing it on Strava!
    @julieannegannon good that you are going to get your hip checked.
    @quilteryoyo your driveway laps always impress me!
    @RunsOnEspresso those are great looking shoes! I had some ON Cloudsurfers when they first came out (running store guy talked me into them). I loved how they felt running straight, but for some reason I felt like I could fall on my face if I was running on a turn.
    @rheddmobile @7lenny7 we have those Osage-oranges all over the ground and on trees down here. As a kid I was told they were called horse apples! I never heard of them being used for insect repellent, but google confirms your claim :D
    @WhatMeRunning your turtle story was hilarious!!
    @skippygirlsmom Champ is beautiful!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,972 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 That's so cool that you are running all the roads in the town. Not sure I'd want to do that in mine...I mean it would be cool, but not always safe, I'm afraid.
    ETA - I saw a turtle crossing the path in front of me the other day and I was so happy that I was actually going to pass a turtle proving I am now faster! But he got across before I could get my phone out and take a picture. My ego is forever destroyed now.
    :lol::lol:

@skippygirlsmom Champ is too cute. I'm glad he gets to live with you.

• Legs_McGee23
    Legs_McGee23 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    9/9 - 6.04 miles

20.76 of 60 miles completed